2009 Starting Lineup

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously there is plenty of options and at this point you only have 2008 form to go on and injury will be a determining factor.

My initial selection would be

Callan Lake Morris
Gilbee Williams Hargrave
Addison Cross Boyd
Murphy Hahn Higgins
Johnson Minson Harbrow
Hudson Griffen Cooney
I/C Akermanis Hill Giansiracusa Tiller

This would be a terrific line-up for Round 1 and I can't fit Welsh or Eagleton in the side.
We would also have strong hopes that some of the following would demand a place with strong form through the season, or even in the pre-season games;

Everitt, Ward, Grant, Reid, Cordy, Roughead

Plus some possibility from O'Keefe, Wood and Boumann.

We also have depth players in Skipper and Wight and last chancers in Lynch, Stack and O'Shea.

Overall a list to give optimism.

The thing I like about that side above BJ is the centre line of Addison, Cross and Boyd. All are accountable and this allows players like Griffen and Cooney to work offensively with greater effect.

Full strength list to choose from we have a very formidable team on paper. Question im still pondering though, how or who is going to make the difference from last season. Obviously something needs to change, inclusion of Tom williams to the backline and extra experience alone wont make all the difference.

Someone young/new like a boumann or grant are going to need to step up in the forward line. Big Will Minson at the moment is not the answer in the forward line as a big target. Callan as good as he is going to be will also not make the difference needed.

Someone young/new like a boumann or grant are going to need to step up in the forward line. Big Will Minson at the moment is not the answer in the forward line as a big target. Callan as good as he is going to be will also not make the difference needed.

I wouldn't be expecting too much from these 2 next season.

Grant is coming off OP and if he could play 5 to 10 games next year it would be a very good result.

Boumann struggled in his limited games for the Willi seniors this year. If he could perform well in the Willi seniors next year he would be doing well.

Full strength list to choose from we have a very formidable team on paper. Question im still pondering though, how or who is going to make the difference from last season. Obviously something needs to change, inclusion of Tom williams to the backline and extra experience alone wont make all the difference.

Well I liked the way Will improved as the year progressed. He might be ready to show great improvement as David Hille has done at Essendon.

We can also expect improvement from Higgins, Addison, Harbrow and Hill and Ward has potential to make a difference. Obviously if Grant or Boumann can take the step it can be really significant to the options we have.

Ok here Goes!

Pre-seasons

Addison Lake Callam

Everitt Williams Morriss

O'Keefe Cross Hill

Grant Griffen Giasiracusa

Harbrow Milson Johnson

Hudson Ward Cooney

Inter:Boyd-Aker-Wood-Stack-Skipper-Hargrave

Round 1

Gilbee Lake Morriss

Addison Williams Hargraves

Hill Cross Ward

Giasiracusa Hahn Murphy

Higgins Welsh Jonhson

Hudson Cooney Griffen

Boyd
Minson
Aker
Eagelton

for his size is very quick and agile aswell as being very strong around hips and extremely hard to tackle
with more senior games will b a gun player in years to come

He is also a Queenslander. :eek: You're a Queenslander?

Be honest, relative? Friend? Played with him? I'm glad you think so highly of him but you must be basing your opinion on something more than 1 game in the AFL and Williamstown which you would be unable to see.

I just wish Grant grew 3 + cms!

He is taller than Fevola and Pavlich, has a bigger leap and is faster, that's good enough for me!

B: Morris Lake Hargrave
HB: Gilbee Williams Boyd
C: Everitt Griffen Giansiracusa
HF: Murphy Hahn Higgins
F: J. Grant Welsh Akermanis

Ruck: Hudson Cross Cooney

INT: Johnson Minson Harbrow Hill
EMERG: Callan Addison Eagleton Tiller Ward Wight Cordy Reid

IF, Eade allows that FP possie to be alternated between our "future
KPF's (Cordy, Grant & Boumann), Minson can play as the traditional on
and off type ruckman. If he chooses not too, he will play FF and part
time ruck, and Johnno in the starting 18.

I cannot fit him in the 22, but believe Eade has Stephen Tiller inked
in for a permanent swing man tall role. He did well in the finals (as
did the 2 young indigenous boys (Hill and Harbrow).

Brad Johnson used as impact player, or if onr of the kids is getting hammered.

Everitt may become the CHF, as for the 2nd year in a row he is
stacking on the Kg's and is now a powerful unit as opposed to the
skinny tall with the raking kick.

2009 Smokies:

Sam Reid. Played his 1 and only game in R22 and did a decent job.
Reminds me of Ryan Griffen, a well developed body and mature head on
his shoulders. Pack busting mid field type.

Callan Ward. Mixed VCE & footy in 08, trained only a dozen times with
the squad, yet played half a dozen games and won Best 1st Year player.
Courageous and skilled mid sized player who could fill spots at either
end or in the middle.

Shaun Higgins. First ever pre-season (prior years held back due to
injuries) and will show the benefit. High opinions surround this guy
at club level (and handed on the legendary No.7 from Scott West, who
was handed it by D.Hawkins). As a HF, alternating through the middle,
will kick 35 - 50 goals in 09.

2009 Strugglers:

Eagleton. With such great depth of skilled running types, Nathan
wants to re-invent that raking left foot goal-kicking that went
missing in 08, if he is going to play post 30 years old.

Cam Wight. Almost 7',lightning quick, but built like a bean pole. He
seems to be out on a limb. He is neither a ruckman or a KP, more
suited to a running style game, but I think Andrejs Everitt has
overtaken him for this type of possie.

Wayde Skipper. Given a 1 year contract (I call it ruck insurance),
but with only Hudson set to go in next year or 2, Minson, Cordy,
Mulligan & Shaw as the future big men, Wayde at 25 will really need to
claim a spot. CHF ?...:>)

Ok here Goes!

Pre-seasons

Addison Lake Callam

Everitt Williams Morriss

O'Keefe Cross Hill

Grant Griffen Giasiracusa

Harbrow Milson Johnson

Hudson Ward Cooney

Inter:Boyd-Aker-Wood-Stack-Skipper-Hargrave

Round 1

Gilbee Lake Morriss

Addison Williams Hargraves

Hill Cross Ward

Giasiracusa Hahn Murphy

Higgins Welsh Jonhson

Hudson Cooney Griffen

Boyd
Minson
Aker
Eagelton
Im sorry dude, but your spelling of our own players is laughable.

Good effort though:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really need Grant to come through.

This year showed we are unlikely to win the premiership with our current forward set up.

This wont be our best 22 but Im posting this to show my dream 22..
FB Hargrave Lake Morris
CHB Gilbee Williams Everitt
C Boyd Cross Ackermanis
HF Higgins Hahn Murphy
FF Johnson Roughead Giansiracusa
R Hudson Cooney Griffen
I Addison Minson Grant Ward
Emg Boumann Hill Cordy

Mr Benf

Maybe yoour name explains a lot about you????

excuse my spelling I am a simple man with simple needs-those needs are to not put up with spuds like you everyone hates the school teacher so please keep your bad manners to the classroom F-Wit

This wont be our best 22 but Im posting this to show my dream 22..
FB Hargrave Lake Morris
CHB Gilbee Williams Everitt
C Boyd Cross Ackermanis
HF Higgins Hahn Murphy
FF Johnson Roughead Giansiracusa
R Hudson Cooney Griffen
I Addison Minson Grant Ward
Emg Boumann Hill Cordy

Wrong Roughead mate. Our's is a ruckman, Hawthorn's is a forward.

Can you imagine what a player like Cousins can make to our team??

I think we are fools in not having a look.. Yes he brings scrutiny but the potential is massive..

How midfield would be the envy of the comp.. And maturing Grifs and Coons will just make us better..

I'm a little upset..

At the end of the day he has an addition.. Who are we to hold anything against him.. People everywhere in the world have something wrong with them..

We aren't interested in his personal life only his work life..

That's where football fails as a sport.. They don't know how to seperate the two from one another..

I'll give you an example.. Joey Barton who is a footballer (soccer) in the UK.. Went to jail!!!!!!! Once he got out he was picked up by Newcastle United who are in the Premier League..

Now you cannot tell me that a team of Newcastle's status are not more responsible in looking after their investment as where are?

They simply believe that he is what they need to win games as Ben Cousins will do that same for whoever picks him up.

Also one more thing- Wayne Rooney.. If you don't know who he is then this will not apply to you.. He has been to court for bashing women at pubs while drunk.. Can you imagine if a player in the AFL with his status did this what will happen? Yet he still is a regular in this team and is paid more money then a whole AFL team put together..

Can you imagine what a player like Cousins can make to our team??

At the end of the day he has an addition.. Who are we to hold anything against him.. People everywhere in the world have something wrong with them..
You have not heard of due diligence? Tell me Heartbreak Sally, why do you think all THREE clubs that went thru the above process all renegged? Perhaps they ALL believe Benny Boy still has a fair way to go in his rehabilitation process, and perhaps a high risk recruit.

We aren't interested in his personal life only his work life..
We do not have a major sponsor. Do you think recruiting a man of dubious integrity and questionable priorities will assist in us finding a sponsor?

That's where football fails as a sport.. They don't know how to seperate the two from one another..
If I was to pay an athlete hundreds of thousands of dollars to represent my club, am I entitled to expect him to be drug free? Can Benny Boy promise me this?

I'll give you an example.. Joey Barton who is a footballer (soccer) in the UK.. Went to jail!!!!!!! Once he got out he was picked up by Newcastle United who are in the Premier League..

Now you cannot tell me that a team of Newcastle's status are not more responsible in looking after their investment as where are
2 different people in 2 different countries in 2 entirely unrelated scenarios. One did jail time to pay for his actions, one is still admitting he has serious problems. Your analogy means sfa.

They simply believe that he is what they need to win games as Ben Cousins will do that same for whoever picks him up.
So you are willing to underwrite the investment on that risk?

We delay the development of kids like Higgins, Ward, Addison and Reid to appease and accomodate this selfish piece of shite? NO!!!!

Also one more thing- Wayne Rooney.. If you don't know who he is then this will not apply to you.. He has been to court for bashing women at pubs while drunk.. Can you imagine if a player in the AFL with his status did this what will happen? Yet he still is a regular in this team and is paid more money then a whole AFL team put together..
I was not aware "bashing women" was an addiction. His drinking is maybe. However, what the poms do with their own, and the social quandary surrounding their actions is for them. I would like to think as Australians we DO offer folks a 2nd chance, but the man you defend so stoutly has done SFA to convince anyone he is ready to go and has left his issues behind him. Arrogance, (and shaving the head was the last straw imho for the couple of clubs still contemplating) is not required at the FFC.

OK, enough bleeding heart matey, 'cos I am soooo sick of the Benny Boy sympathies. Tell me Dudley Doright, who are you suggesting we dump from our list to fit him in the 42? I am not the type to make threats loosely, but if the FFC recruited Benny Boy, I'd not renew my memebership (continual since 1974 !!). Now go away and use your spare time helping drug addicted street kids who may not have had the opportunities Benny Boy did, and are not earning megabucks due to a gift given to him by God. (And NO, I am NOT a religious zealot so save your insults!)

I was not aware "bashing women" was an addiction. His drinking is maybe. However, what the poms do with their own, and the social quandary surrounding their actions is for them. I would like to think as Australians we DO offer folks a 2nd chance, but the man you defend so stoutly has done SFA to convince anyone he is ready to go and has left his issues behind him. Arrogance, (and shaving the head was the last straw imho for the couple of clubs still contemplating) is not required at the FFC.

OK, enough bleeding heart matey, 'cos I am soooo sick of the Benny Boy sympathies. Tell me Dudley Doright, who are you suggesting we dump from our list to fit him in the 42? I am not the type to make threats loosely, but if the FFC recruited Benny Boy, I'd not renew my memebership (continual since 1974 !!). Now go away and use your spare time helping drug addicted street kids who may not have had the opportunities Benny Boy did, and are not earning megabucks due to a gift given to him by God. (And NO, I am NOT a religious zealot so save your insults!)

Obviously there is more to it with 3 clubs opting not to pick him up. I don't know the full story but all I see is an opportunity to shake thing's in the next few season.
Collingwood who are one of those club, still haven't released Didak. He was in a f**king car that shot at police!!! Plus his drinking habits, But they kept him because he is valuable and can win games..

Don't want to list the amount of times Fevola has stuffed up..

I would drop Eagleton as he doesn't serve proposal in the side any longer. Ben could offer more to a side in one season then what Eagle would offer in 2 season.

Yes we don't have a major sponsor but with all the media that will be surrounded, if i owned a company and my logo would be on every news outlet i know where i would be placing my advertising $.
They sponsor the team not one player.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Starting Lineup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back