2009 Trade Discussion Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty easy one mate, Walker is entrenched in the Crows forward line.
Sidebottom has been named on an extended bench every week for the last month. Has very little job security. Sure hes a much more consistent scorer than Walker, but Id take a 30 over a 0 any day.

Just to keep the flow going from the previous thread.

Arghh u stole my thread glory of creating the trade discussion threads haha :p

No trades for me this week
Copping one zero with cockie, pendles, salopek

Cox out is a bonus...Next week i will go Muston to Meyer...Kreuzer to Cox :D:D:D

Thoughts???

Will probably do these:

Sidebottom --> Ballantyne
Dangerfield --> Kornes

Then next week:
Muston --> Anthony
M Brown --> Deledio/Pavlich/Brennan (If not enough cash)

Leaves me with 4 trades and a complete team of:
Goddard, Fisher, Lockyer, Ellis, Hodge, Scotland, Enright (Broughton, Petrenko)
Kornes, Selwood, Gibbs, Priddis, Haselby, Pearce (Anthony, Swift)
Cox, McIntosh (Pyke, Spencer)
O'Keefe, Brown, Higgins, Franklin, Deledio?, Didak, Goodwin (Ballantyne, Macaffer)

Opinions?

I was planning to upgrade one of my backs this week regardless of the teams named, but now that I'm copping a zero there it's definitely the go. Current backline is: Lockyer/Enright/Gilbee/Fisher/Birchall/Broughton, with Cheney/Malceski/Petrenko all out.

To fund the trade: Ziebell -> Ballantyne.
And then Cheney -> 300-360k back.

I'm iffy about getting Ellis because I've got 4 Hawks players in my side (does that actually matter anyway?).
So I'm looking at Doughty, Scotland, Newman, Purgoyne, and possibly Ellis.

Any suggestions?

I was planning to upgrade one of my backs this week regardless of the teams named, but now that I'm copping a zero there it's definitely the go. Current backline is: Lockyer/Enright/Gilbee/Fisher/Birchall/Broughton, with Cheney/Malceski/Petrenko all out.

To fund the trade: Ziebell -> Ballantyne.
And then Cheney -> 300-360k back.

I'm iffy about getting Ellis because I've got 4 Hawks players in my side (does that actually matter anyway?).
So I'm looking at Doughty, Scotland, Newman, Purgoyne, and possibly Ellis.

Any suggestions?

dude rank 1 on the competition has bartel corey selwood and ablett in his team also wif enright and chapman! theres nothin wrong with that at all mate ifu think they can all pull big scores go for it.

Richmond fans will nahas playthis week or is now the week to get rid of him?

Ellis verse Birchall verse Mundy verse Gilbert verse Hargrave?
I'm honestly thinking about pouring out the cash and getting Lockyer though making it harder to do my last upgrade. What are you're thoughts? I have 8 trades left...

Ellis verse Birchall verse Mundy verse Gilbert verse Hargrave?
I'm honestly thinking about pouring out the cash and getting Lockyer though making it harder to do my last upgrade. What are you're thoughts? I have 8 trades left...

Dude if you have 8 trades left and only on upgrade after this id pay the extra cash....go lockyer.

Then downgrade a rookie to fund ur last trade! U still have 5 for long term injuries left over

I need help:

Option 1

Cogs ---> Dal Santo
NG Brown ---> Brennan

Option 2

NG Brown ---> Didak
Cogs ----> Stanton

Dude if you have 8 trades left and only on upgrade after this id pay the extra cash....go lockyer.

Then downgrade a rookie to fund ur last trade! U still have 5 for long term injuries left over
For the record ill need to trade Warren -> Ballantyne this week to allow me to get Lockyer. That only leaves me with 6 trades and 118k in the bank to upgrade 1 of Muston/Anthony. Should I take the risk?

i have a fair few problems in my mids and forwards!
4 players out:
Hartlett, Pendlebury, Zieball, Sidebottam

Going to keep pendlebury

But want to get rid of 2 of the other 3

Not sure what to do atm

Option 1: Hartlett to Anthony
Zieball to Didak

Option 2: Sidebottam to Ballantyne
Zieball to Didak but means i have 1 out in my mids for possibly 1 week depending on pendlebury.

thoughts??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the record ill need to trade Warren -> Ballantyne this week to allow me to get Lockyer. That only leaves me with 6 trades and 118k in the bank to upgrade 1 of Muston/Anthony. Should I take the risk?

Id do it. Id rather have the better player in my team and i dont think lockyer is at a bad price atm.

But the id probably hold off on the midfield upgrade for a few rounds..
1. i think muston has alot more to risein price
2. to make sure you dont get any LTI

Id do it. Id rather have the better player in my team and i dont think lockyer is at a bad price atm.

But the id probably hold off on the midfield upgrade for a few rounds..
1. i think muston has alot more to risein price
2. to make sure you dont get any LTI
Well I'm going to go for it!
DT is all about risks isn't it :p
Yeah my final upgrade won't be until round 18 onwards I would think and for now, if Anthony can pull an avg of 70-80 odd, he may not be a bad 6th back for a few weeks.

With the selections this week I have realised 5 of my 9 forwards are either out or in doubt with injury (Wright, Yarran, Sidebottom, Anthony & Ballantyne).

The only forwards <$150000 playing this week are Vickery and Jurrah, so would

IN: Vickery, Jurrah
OUT: Wright, Yarran

be a good move (edit) or are Vickery & Jurrah not going to get many games for the rest of the year.?

hey guys im pretty screwed i feel in my dt. got a pretty hard match up in eliminator this week and need to get a edge on him

i have a few ideas in mind, but with the lack of trades, im not sure if do any

what do you guys think

1234.jpg

i have a fair few problems in my mids and forwards!
4 players out:
Hartlett, Pendlebury, Zieball, Sidebottam

Going to keep pendlebury

But want to get rid of 2 of the other 3

Not sure what to do atm

Option 1: Hartlett to Anthony
Zieball to Didak

Option 2: Sidebottam to Ballantyne
Zieball to Didak but means i have 1 out in my mids for possibly 1 week depending on pendlebury.

thoughts??

anyone??

lmaohelp - swap Broughton and Grimes

If you want to trade for the sake of it, then i reckon:

Out: Cox, Ziebell
In: Jolly, Didak

If you want to conserve trades, swap Ziebell with Walker and trade Jolly for Cox.

hedgehog, you would consider trading cox? whys that?

and if anyone shouldnt i go cox - hmac , zeibell - didak

Cox is injured this week.

I prefer Jolly to Macintosh, but that's a personal preference.

Macintosh is 30k more expensive and averages 5 points per game more than Jolly, but get him if you want.

Brad Green looks to be a good prospect next week if he has a decent game this week. Averaged 97 last year and aside from his injury induced 30, he's averaging around 90. He seemed to be playing a forward flank/pocket type role atm and is taking it easy in his first handful of games back. When he returns to the midfield, he'll be a steal at the ~310k mark. Keep a tab on him, especially Coughlan owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back