2009 Trade Discussion Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i dont know why i am thinking this, but this rational is purely happening because of eliminator match ups. Should i trade cox to not get a zero? he has sandilands and hmac so he wont get a zero. i have 4 trades left...i dont think i will trade tbh.

Anyone think Rioli and Murphy will be good pick ups in a few weeks?

I've 60k in the bank with Ziebell to trade out (or Warren if he plays well). Cyril averaging 87 before he did the hammy and got 16 points in about 5 seconds in the Swans game. Looks to be delicious in a month's time.. Murphy's 48 will ensure he dips below 300k but whether he'll trust his body and return to form is another question. Looked good scoring 107 then 36 in a quarter before getting injured.

Thoughts?

Mortizy, I'm in the same situation as you but with an extra trade. My elim has Sandilands as well but DON'T BLOODY TRADE COX!! EVER(conditions apply)!! You'll regret it next week, just like everyone who traded Gablett. It's plain stupidity, especially when you have trades you can count on one hand.

Will be doing:

OUT: Chornes, Houlihan
IN: Lockyer, Enright

Will pretty much finish my team off. What do people think of the trades?

Hodge is also an option, but after putting up with him for pretty much the whole season (until his injury) i don't think i can go through that again. :eek:

Anyone think Rioli and Murphy will be good pick ups in a few weeks?

I've 60k in the bank with Ziebell to trade out (or Warren if he plays well). Cyril averaging 87 before he did the hammy and got 16 points in about 5 seconds in the Swans game. Looks to be delicious in a month's time.. Murphy's 48 will ensure he dips below 300k but whether he'll trust his body and return to form is another question. Looked good scoring 107 then 36 in a quarter before getting injured.

Thoughts?

Mortizy, I'm in the same situation as you but with an extra trade. My elim has Sandilands as well but DON'T BLOODY TRADE COX!! EVER(conditions apply)!! You'll regret it next week, just like everyone who traded Gablett. It's plain stupidity, especially when you have trades you can count on one hand.

tbh there are quite a few forwards to look forward to in the next few weeks. i reckon murphy will bounce back, i have an eye on him. The other one is boomer harvey...

Daniel Rich -> Jimmy Bartel
Ryan Houlihan -> Tarkyn Lockyer

Had been looking forward to bringing in both these guys. All done with $200 to spare...

Will do a Chad to Ellis/Hodge this week. Leaning towards Ellis as he's shown he rack up the big scores this year, which has been a concern for Hodge owners.

I already have cover for Chad in Broughton, but according to my calculations I will be about 20 to 40k short of Ablett in a few weeks, and this is just a way of covering Chad for another 4-5 weeks while collecting some cash too.

rich to bartel?

Sorry I should explain myself better. I have $12,900 in the bank and was looking to upgrade rich to kornes, then upgrade cogs to bartel and hope he drops in price.

9 trades left need to upgrade 1 forward and 1 center after this week

Ok. After re-consideration, i have the following two options to think about:

OUT: Grimes, Houihan
IN: Lockyer/Enright, Hodge

What do people think?

With option 2 i could then also have Chornes when he comes back, and since i have Broughton covering (well) for him i don't really need to do the first trade.

Opinions? Is Chornes worth hanging onto for another 3 (or is it 4?) non-playing weeks?

Ok. After re-consideration, i have the following two options to think about:

OUT: Grimes, Houihan
IN: Lockyer/Enright, Hodge

What do people think?

With option 2 i could then also have Chornes when he comes back, and since i have Broughton covering (well) for him i don't really need to do the first trade.

Opinions? Is Chornes worth hanging onto for another 3 (or is it 4?) non-playing weeks?

I am hanging on to Chornes, I am going for league win not overall and I think saving trades is worth quite a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have buckled.... With Gilbee a certainty to miss and Cornes and Petrenko on the pine.

Conres > Ellis

Have now freed up enough cash to make my second last upgrade for next week.

Rich > Sewell / Selwood.

This is my plan for the next two weeks.

This week - Out: Darren Milburn and Dale Thomas; In: Nathan Grima and Hayden Ballantyne.

Next week - Out: Hamish Hartlett and Beau Muston; In: Brent Stanton and Brad Green.

This will leave me with 3 trades left, no cash in bank and a starting 22 of:

Backline - Goddard, Fisher, Hodge, Cornes, Grimes, Broughton and Grima
Midfield - Swan, Bartel, Cornes, Stanton, Cross and Green
Ruck - Cox and Kreuzer
Forward - Riewoldt, Pavlich, Deledio, Higgins, Giansaracusa, Franklin and Ballantyne

I know these are not the best trades but I'm only going for a league win and it is my first year. I think that should be a good enough team for me to compete in finals (considering i'm already in top 4) and those 3 trades should be good enough to cover any major injuries.

What does everyone think of these trades? Are Stanton and Green the best guys to bring in around their price range? I think Muston is going to struggle to have any more major price increases (Breakeven of 52 and past two scores of 42 and 52), but i am giving him another week. Also i'm sick of Milburn and Thomas.

This week - Out: Darren Milburn and Dale Thomas; In: Nathan Grima and Hayden Ballantyne.

Next week - Out: Hamish Hartlett and Beau Muston; In: Brent Stanton and Brad Green.

Ruck - Cox and Kreuzer
Forward - Riewoldt, Pavlich, Deledio, Higgins, Giansaracusa, Franklin and Ballantyne

I know these are not the best trades but I'm only going for a league win and it is my first year. I think that should be a good enough team for me to compete in finals (considering i'm already in top 4) and those 3 trades should be good enough to cover any major injuries.

What does everyone think of these trades? Are Stanton and Green the best guys to bring in around their price range? I think Muston is going to struggle to have any more major price increases (Breakeven of 52 and past two scores of 42 and 52), but i am giving him another week. Also i'm sick of Milburn and Thomas.

I wouldn't trade Milburn he is still a decent dter

Ruck - Cox and Kreuzer

If your going for a league win then I wouldn't be using 4 trades in the next 2 weeks. IMO 3 trades will be too few for the rest of the season.

It also depends on where you are on your league ladder. If you are safe in the top 4 then I'd definitely hold to some trades. If your fighting to stay in the top 8 then using more trades may be required.

ok boys and girls.

I can get any midfielder except swan (too much) and players i already have judd, dal santo, kornes, selwood and jordan lewis.

i would assume ablett/bartel is the best, what would you guys in the know here be doing in this situation.

guys i have 5 trades left, with almost a complete team. This week i have to swap sidebottom for either steve johnson or didak. I know johnson may outscore him, but if i opt for johnson i will have 2 k in the bank. If i get didak i will have 50k.

So would u rather get johnson or didak + 50k for future upgrades?

IM currently ranked 17th after sliiping from rank 1,1,1,4,4 then 10 :( So im sliding awayevery week. What you guys think?

Suban > Broadbent

or

Hartlett > Meyer?

Hill is my other back rookie; Anthony my other mid.

Is it risky taking a punt on Broadbent, or netting extra cash for a mature aged Meyer?

The more I think about; Meyer seems like the obvious choice with HH injured and Suban having great job security.

It may seem like a Captain Obvious decision; but I'd like to get some thoughts before I do it. :)

Ruck - Cox and Kreuzer

Dude... you are using 4 trades to bring in Green and Stanton and losing Milburn and some decent rookies in the process?!?

Regardless of whether you are going for league win or overall, they seem like terrible trades to me.

guys i have 5 trades left, with almost a complete team. This week i have to swap sidebottom for either steve johnson or didak. I know johnson may outscore him, but if i opt for johnson i will have 2 k in the bank. If i get didak i will have 50k.

So would u rather get johnson or didak + 50k for future upgrades?

IM currently ranked 17th after sliiping from rank 1,1,1,4,4 then 10 :( So im sliding awayevery week. What you guys think?

Im in a similar boat.

Ill answer your question first. I think at the point end of the stick its best to make the decision based on the teams that are higher ranked to you. I suggest considering your ranked 17, to look at the top 16 sides and compare both SJ and Didak and see who is more popular (i'd say definetely SJ). So if you want to get that "advantage" then go for Didak and like you said save 50k for your future trades.

As for me, i also have 5 trades left and will be copping a 0 this week maybe even 2 thanks to big Cox and Gilbee (if doesn't get up). Now with Sidebottom going down and my only back-up being the yo-yo Walker i am in a nasty position and if i dont act....i could lose the Elim.

I aint trading Cox because thats just stupid. Gilbee i am not sure on yet because he is named (most likely late withdrawal though). So here are my plans this week.

Walker > Ballantyne
Sidebottom > Didak

Leaving me with 3 trades left and completing my team.

My forward line as a result will be this:
Stevie J, L.Davis, Pav, Deledio, Didak, Gia and Higgins.

Now if i cop 2 0's as a result of Cox and Gilbee, Didak's score compared to Walker's should help in alleviating the impact of 0's. However that being said i go down to 3 trades :eek:.

Thoughts?

@ABitWoofy: I would go with Kornes out of those options.

I'm planning on upgrading Rich this week to a sub 400k premium, thought I grab some opinions off people here.

Ive narrowed my pref options down to:

Cornes (390k) - consistent and durable

Boyd (381k) - Has his numbers dropped because Cooney is back? Not so sure he can recapture his early season numbers but like Cornes is also super durable and consistent

The value pick:

Cross (345k)- Traditionally one of the most consistent dreamteamers but has had an abnormally quite first half to the season.

What do you guys reckon?

I'm planning on upgrading Rich this week to a sub 400k premium, thought I grab some opinions off people here.

Ive narrowed my pref options down to:

Cornes (390k) - consistent and durable

Boyd (381k) - Has his numbers dropped because Cooney is back? Not so sure he can recapture his early season numbers but like Cornes is also super durable and consistent

The value pick:

Cross (345k)- Traditionally one of the most consistent dreamteamers but has had an abnormally quite first half to the season.

What do you guys reckon?

Well as you would know from last week's game; Cross needs to get 39 disposals to have any kind of impact in DT.

I'd go Kornes; DT god and is the king of the back pocket receive.

Suban > Broadbent

or

Hartlett > Meyer?

Hill is my other back rookie; Anthony my other mid.

Is it risky taking a punt on Broadbent, or netting extra cash for a mature aged Meyer?

The more I think about; Meyer seems like the obvious choice with HH injured and Suban having great job security.

It may seem like a Captain Obvious decision; but I'd like to get some thoughts before I do it. :)

The second option definetly. Gives you ~$150000 plus a player who is likely to average around 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back