2009 Trade Discussion Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here r 2 trades i am tossin up between:

Alwyn Davey> Roo
Hill>S Fisher

Which is will give me better service and more points?

When the coach comes out after the game and says his best player might be in doubt for the rest of the season it cant be good for coxy. Even if the injury update says 2-3 weeks he is gone for me.

Do you have a source where he says this???

I read he is in doubt, but not for rest of the year?

Anyone who traded cox 2-3 weeks ago (when he was first out) is sitting very well indeed.

Do you have a source where he says this???

I read he is in doubt, but not for rest of the year?

Anyone who traded cox 2-3 weeks ago (when he was first out) is sitting very well indeed.

Here's the headline mate:

West Coast ruckman Dean Cox could be sidelined for the remainder of the AFL season after re-injuring his groin in the Eagles' 20-point loss to St Kilda on Sunday.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/13/2623638.htm?site=sport&section=afl

Dont know how many ppl are in a similar position to me but im actually considering keepin adcock....

Got two trades left and have boughton and grima sittin on the pine in my defence. If boughton keeps scoring the way he is or anywhere near it he will be the perfect 7th backman for the rest of the year. ALso have grima backing him up.

With big cox under threat of being out for the rest of the season....id rather replace him with another ruckman and have 1 trade left in case another LTI comes up. Boughton is scoring better than most defenders anyway. Cornes and Carrazo may be tempting if they hit their old form but unless that happens id much rather save up 1 trade!

Similar situation with Broughton and Greenwood (although his positions is far from guarenteed) on the bench and two trades left. Will be keeping adcock for now, no doubt if I traded him the player I bring in will be injured in 1-2 weeks!

i am in a rather large spot of trouble and was hoping for help.
have been dealt a harsh draw with injuries, and many happening all at once.
i currently have three trades remaining, with adcock, cox and n.brown big problems in my team.
my back up for brown is steele, who by all reports was very good for the vfl side on the weekend, but does anyone actually think he will break back into seniors soon and provide sufficient back up? cause without steele, brown is killing me. should, with $15K in the bank, i be looking solely at pavlich or is there someone better, or a value pick i can gain money from?
then i have cox, who is being rumoured to not be playing this year, who i can sit on with pyke hopefully playing now as white will fill hall's position.
my major problem is adcock? who to get for him?
any ideas would be a.maz.ing.

Alwyn Davey> Roo
Hill>S Fisher

Plz HELP!

Input is much apprecited :)

Why? Ballantyne only scored 32 points. Ruffles, Sellar and Hogan all scored more as rookie forwards :)

Yup - that hurt for sure!

Looking at the options - i had better scoring options for rd 15 - however i am hoping Ballantyne has the most job security, as he'll be on my bench with Garlett.

Hi All,

3 trades, $87,400.

Backs: Fisher, Mundy, Burgoyne, Hodge, Grimes, Broughton, Grima. Rance, Pearce
Midfield: Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Corey, Gibbs, Judd. Anthony, Cockie
Rucks: Cox, McIntosh. J Giles, D Currie
Forwards: Riewoldt, S Johnson, Pavlich, Deledio, Brown, Fevola, Lucas. Hogan, Ballantyne

Now the big issue here is Cox. Who should I bring in for him? I guess some options are kreuzer, jolly or fraser to name a few but all seem to have issues...

With my other 2 trades I'll likely look to upgrade grima with one (Maybe bring chad back) and hold the other for an injury.

Your input is appreciated!

Hi All,

3 trades, $87,400.

Backs: Fisher, Mundy, Burgoyne, Hodge, Grimes, Broughton, Grima. Rance, Pearce
Midfield: Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Corey, Gibbs, Judd. Anthony, Cockie
Rucks: Cox, McIntosh. J Giles, D Currie
Forwards: Riewoldt, S Johnson, Pavlich, Deledio, Brown, Fevola, Lucas. Hogan, Ballantyne

Now the big issue here is Cox. Who should I bring in for him? I guess some options are kreuzer, jolly or fraser to name a few but all seem to have issues...

With my other 2 trades I'll likely look to upgrade grima with one (Maybe bring chad back) and hold the other for an injury.

Your input is appreciated!
I'm looking at Petrie or Tippett at the moment, so there is two more options for you.

Alwyn Davey> Roo
Hill>S Fisher

Alwyn Davey> Roo
Hill>S Fisher

Alwyn Davey> Roo
Hill>S Fisher

Plz HELP!

Input is much apprecited :)

You are not getting much response- I think it is the way you are asking the question. You have to at least make an effort, ie give some reason why you think one option is better. Don't just ask others to provide input, possibly even make decisions for you.

So for starters explain why you want to get rid of Davey and Hill. They are both playing, so I assume your trade position is pretty solid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am only doing 1:

Alwyn Davey>Roo cause Davey has been getting 40's last couple weeks and cant have that

Hill>Fisher cause this rookie needs to be upgraded

Am thinking Davey>Roo cause Hill is still scoring 70's while davey is scoring 40's

What u guys think?

I am only doing 1:

Alwyn Davey>Roo cause Davey has been getting 40's last couple weeks and cant have that

Am thinking Davey>Roo cause Hill is still scoring 70's while davey is scoring 40's

What u guys think?

How many trades you got left now?

7 Trades & $64,200 left in the salary cap.

Zaharakis> Adams/Redden/McGinnity

Dowler> Robert Murphy

And then next round, if Boomers price doesn't rise too much (Jurrahs price rise should match it anyway).

Jurrah> Brent Harvey

What i want to know is which of Leigh Adams (scored 67), Jack Redden (scored 47) and Patrick McGinnity (scored 42) are most likely to hold their spot.

I am only doing 1:

What u guys think?
I like ur second trade because you are upgrading a rookie but im not sure you could be trading someone at daveys price to someone else around the same price when davey is not injured. It may help but some of those trades you will regret later on in the year when you have a long term injury and you have not trades to cover for.

Anyways with a few injuries (adcock and cox) i am thinking of trading them out and wondering what you guys think.

link to my team: http://afl.virtualsports.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=3169&lid=1 (would do a picture but i dont no how to:()

Anyways for Adcock i have no money limit for backline players so i can go for whoever i want to, my options are:
Lockyer: Inconstant and i would have 4 collingwood players in my 22
Enright: Scores seem a bit up and down but has an alright avg
Duffield: Best avg but i dont no anything about him
Hardgrave: Not sure about him either but last season i remember him picking up towards the end of it which might be a positive (on fire atm)
Gram: Chance of getting a tag?
Bock: Not as high scoring as last season but last few scores look alright
Carrazzo: Could score like last season which would be great but chance of tagging players and getting low scres/ getting dropped

Who would you go for out of that lot? or anyone that i have not mention and is not in my team

If Cox's injury will keep him out for over a week i will trade him out and my options are out of:
Mcintosh: 1 of the best ruck this year
Fraser: Good when not injured, but injury prone
Sandilands: Missed last week so not to keen on him

Thanks for your help guys:thumbsu:

I like ur second trade because you are upgrading a rookie but im not sure you could be trading someone at daveys price to someone else around the same price when davey is not injured. It may help but some of those trades you will regret later on in the year when you have a long term injury and you have not trades to cover for.

Alwyn Davey=248k
Roo=418k

Quite a difference 170k is...

A bit confused this week as I have been ranked higher than i ever have before (top 150). I don't usually enjoy asking for help but was interested for some thoughts.

My team is complete with 5 trades left, but I think it lacks some high scoring ability. No Montagna or Ablett.

So would be looking to get one of those guys in but my midfield stands at Swan, Bartel, Gibbs, Stanton, Cornes, Thompson, obviously there is no more room.

I'll have to trade Cox this week and then I am also thinking about trading Mackie for Duffield, which I believe could net me around 20-25 ppg for the rest of the season. Originally this trade was to Upgrade Broughton/Grimes but that won't be needed now. My only other weak link is Franklin who I am also thinking about upgrading.

The 2nd trade should help me gain ground on the teams ahead of me or at least stabilise my position, but would leave 3 trades for 7 weeks. Thoughts on this position?

1 trade for me this week.

Current Backline: Goddard, Adcock, Enright, Fisher, Mackie, Hodge, Broughton.

Adcock has to go, I can get any backmen possible , the main options are Duffield, Lockyer, Gilbert, Hargrave.
Im leaning towards Duffield as money is not a problem. Not entirely sure to be honest, who would be the best option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back