2009 Trade Discussion Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I am thinking Cox to Tippett as well. Will leave me some cash in the kitty for the last month, and Tippett is in very good form.

This is my guide:

No Cox this week= Extended Break= Vickery on this week=Cox>tippet NXT week

Cox this week= if he gets a good scores keep=if he doesnt=Cox>Tippet

u got it?:D

I haven't seen anyone mention Mitch Clark as a potential trade option for Cox, he has scored really well of late, any reason why this wouldn't continue??

I am only doing 1:

Alwyn Davey>Roo cause Davey has been getting 40's last couple weeks and cant have that

Hill>Fisher cause this rookie needs to be upgraded

Am thinking Davey>Roo cause Hill is still scoring 70's while davey is scoring 40's

What u guys think?

So a rookie scoring 70 HAS to be upgraded. With only 4 trades left. Fair enough, but saying "this rookie needs to be upgraded" is basically just following what I think you assume is a plan. Yet you seem to have no plan?

It's all very confusing.

Yup - that hurt for sure!

Looking at the options - i had better scoring options for rd 15 - however i am hoping Ballantyne has the most job security, as he'll be on my bench with Garlett.
I actually made the same trade using the same logic: Balla looks a safer bet week in week out for the rest of the year than the rest. Hogan looks a better player but he might not play again this season with all the Cats guns to come back in.

Jimmy, but if you have cover hold off a few weeks (he'll keep dropping in price while that sub-50 score is in his average)

I haven't seen anyone mention Mitch Clark as a potential trade option for Cox, he has scored really well of late, any reason why this wouldn't continue??
Over priced. Less injury prone players with better averages at a lower price are more attractive. e.g Jolly, Petrie.
Having shouldered all the ruck load for the last few months I reckon it's only a matter of time before Clark gets injured again.

Over priced. Less injury prone players with better averages at a lower price are more attractive. e.g Jolly, Petrie.
Having shouldered all the ruck load for the last few months I reckon it's only a matter of time before Clark gets injured again.

Interesting point, but he has 5 hundreds in his last 7 games, and is averaging significantly more than Jolly and Petrie during that time...has really stepped up since the other Brisbane rucks have gone down...Sydney in Rd 22 against Jolly does put me off somewhat though...

Thoughts on this position?

Buddy is not a weak link as long as Cyril is there to help him out :thumbsu:

Your mids seems a little weak with 3 players with under 100 average. Yuck!

Get Ablett so you don't miss out on big scores.

Jimmy, but if you have cover hold off a few weeks (he'll keep dropping in price while that sub-50 score is in his average)
I don't have any cover (Ziebell and Meyer on my bench) so I need to trade this week.
I'm also considering to downgrade Ziebell to Anthony to free up cash for future upgrade. Yes I know I should have done it last week but I wasn't expecting Adcock to go down, the plan was to actually upgade Ziebell this week. I don't see any other decent midfield downgrade options so Anthony looks the only good choice. Adams and Shiels maybe but I don't think their job security is as high as Anthony.

Buddy is not a weak link as long as Cyril is there to help him out :thumbsu:

Your mids seems a little weak with 3 players with under 100 average. Yuck!

Get Ablett so you don't miss out on big scores.

Yeah just can't see myself trading one of them, I really did make a mistake trading in Scott Thompson. Although since he's been in my team he is probably averaging around 105. I still should have targeted Ablett/Montagna. :eek:

Just to add to the point regarding ruck options, I did some quick analysis of the stats from rounds 9-15. As you can see, over this time, Clark averages significantly more than the other three options that people seem to be considering (exluding 211 and H-Mac as they are obvious options)

Tippett is attractive at his price point but playing mainly as a KPP means he is more likely for an overly quiet day (see his 24) and Clark has 5 centuries in this time against Petrie and Jolly (3 each) and Tippett (2 and a 99)...he also only has one score below 85 in this time against Jolly (3), Petrie (4) and Tippett (3 and an 85)...based on this I think I'll defo be going Clark, and hope like hell he doesn't break down!!!

Price Rd 9 Rd 10 Rd 11 Rd 12 Rd 13 Rd 14 Rd 15 Avge
Clark $358,500 115 126 100 63 87 103 103 99.57
Jolly $348,800 93 64 113 102 81 106 58 88.14
Petrie $343,600 83 104 65 102 106 74 62 85.14
Tippett $327,200 71 24 130 85 67 99 119 85.00

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting point, but he has 5 hundreds in his last 7 games, and is averaging significantly more than Jolly and Petrie during that time...has really stepped up since the other Brisbane rucks have gone down...Sydney in Rd 22 against Jolly does put me off somewhat though...
Petrie played in a swamp yesterday and against Sydney last week, which affected his average. I've had him all year and he was solid before those 2 weeks. I expect him to bounce back this week against Richmond at the G.

I just think Clark is more of a gamble because before this year he'd only played 21 games in 3 years (30%). Plus he is facing some strong ruck combos in the run home (Roos, Dogs, Port, Swans)

Petrie played in a swamp yesterday and against Sydney last week, which affected his average. I've had him all year and he was solid before those 2 weeks. I expect him to bounce back this week against Richmond at the G.

I just think Clark is more of a gamble because before this year he'd only played 21 games in 3 years (30%). Plus he is facing some strong ruck combos in the run home (Roos, Dogs, Port, Swans)

It's definitely more of a risk I'll pay that, I guess I'm really looking for reasons NOT to select him, so thanks for your feedback, I'll definitely take it into consideration when making my choice!

Yeah just can't see myself trading one of them, I really did make a mistake trading in Scott Thompson. Although since he's been in my team he is probably averaging around 105. I still should have targeted Ablett/Montagna. :eek:

I'm just a whore for the 100+ average players.

Last 3 weeks captains.

Ablett 148
Bartel 137
Montagna 166

Hoping to pick another big one again. Gotta have options. :cool:

my completed team: 4 Trades left (wille prob have to use on of those 4 for cox this week if he is gonna be out for a while... )

BACKS
Goddard, Fisher, Cornes, Drummond, Hodge, Ellis, Broughton, (houlihan , petrenko)

MIDS
Bartel, Swan, Gibbs, Murphy, J.Selwood, Kornes, (anthony, muston)

RUCKS
Cox , Mcintosh (spencer , jacobs)

FORWARDS
Riewoldt, S.Johnson, Didak, Franklin, Higgins, Pavlich, Rob Murphy (ballantyne, hogan)

RANKED 2000 AT MOMENT.. considering i had franklin, didak, fisher, pav, and some others from start of the season isnt so bad...

picked up kornes hodge m murphy r. murphy , roo, sj, at pretty much there cheapest prices... bartel last week obviously a week to too early..

thoughts on team??

Just to add to the point regarding ruck options, I did some quick analysis of the stats from rounds 9-15. As you can see, over this time, Clark averages significantly more than the other three options that people seem to be considering (exluding 211 and H-Mac as they are obvious options)

Tippett is attractive at his price point but playing mainly as a KPP means he is more likely for an overly quiet day (see his 24) and Clark has 5 centuries in this time against Petrie and Jolly (3 each) and Tippett (2 and a 99)...he also only has one score below 85 in this time against Jolly (3), Petrie (4) and Tippett (3 and an 85)...based on this I think I'll defo be going Clark, and hope like hell he doesn't break down!!!

Price Rd 9 Rd 10 Rd 11 Rd 12 Rd 13 Rd 14 Rd 15 Avge
Clark $358,500 115 126 100 63 87 103 103 99.57
Jolly $348,800 93 64 113 102 81 106 58 88.14
Petrie $343,600 83 104 65 102 106 74 62 85.14
Tippett $327,200 71 24 130 85 67 99 119 85.00
Petrie has missed only 2 games in 7 years, and averaged 80+ last year and this year. If you want a reliable player probably go with him... or if you are willing to be a bit riskier, I'd go with Clark.

Then again, this year has shown that even the most durable players are vulnerable!

Would Cox -->Hmac be the best option because I already have Sandilands and I probably wouldnt get him anyway with his injury concerns. As a lot of people I dont have any ruck emergencies so I need to trade him out this week.

my completed team: 4 Trades left (wille prob have to use on of those 4 for cox this week if he is gonna be out for a while... )

BACKS
Goddard, Fisher, Cornes, Drummond, Hodge, Ellis, Broughton, (houlihan , petrenko)

MIDS
Bartel, Swan, Gibbs, Murphy, J.Selwood, Kornes, (anthony, muston)

RUCKS
Cox , Mcintosh (spencer , jacobs)

FORWARDS
Riewoldt, S.Johnson, Didak, Franklin, Higgins, Pavlich, Rob Murphy (ballantyne, hogan)

RANKED 2000 AT MOMENT.. considering i had franklin, didak, fisher, pav, and some others from start of the season isnt so bad...

picked up kornes hodge m murphy r. murphy , roo, sj, at pretty much there cheapest prices... bartel last week obviously a week to too early..

thoughts on team??

Thats a very solid team mate...
was quite suprised when i saw your ranking....thought you would of been top 1000 atleast

Would Cox -->Hmac be the best option because I already have Sandilands and I probably wouldnt get him anyway with his injury concerns. As a lot of people I dont have any ruck emergencies so I need to trade him out this week.
thats what il be doing.h-mac has had a good year so far averaging 95 and looks pretty consistent so i carnt see why he wouldnt be a good pick up. my other ruck is fraser whos under an injury cloud also but should only miss 1 hopefully.

im going for the league win and am wondering what to do with cox

ive got a few easy weeks in my league but i still want to get the highest scores possibl...john worsfold says hes hopeful cox can be back in 2-3 weeks but since its the end of the year and west coast wont be making ifnals i can see him getting rested....now should i trade now and get 80 more points the next three weeks before finals or cop the zeros and hope he coems back for finals

thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back