2009 Trade Discussion Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know what people are doing with Jack Grimes. I think most people on BF have him. I can't find much on his injury, what worries me is that Melbourne might not risk him and put him on ice for the rest of the year. Thoughts?

Biting the bullet this week and trading Cox.

I also want to complete my forward line by bringing in cheap-as gun Buddy.

With bugger all in the bank currently, my options are:

Cox -> McIntosh
Sidebottom -> Buddy

OR

Cox -> Jolly
J.Garlett -> Buddy

Both aren't terrible options which is why I'm struggling to come to terms with which one to do. Jolly doesn't score as high as HMac, but then Garlett doesn't score as high as Sidebottom. Also Sidebottom is named this week and Garlett isn't, but Sidebottom has to hold a place in a more difficult team than Garlett does.

Oh and I have 4 trades remaining and no genuine donut worries other than Cox (though Swift for S.Tuck is not happy times).

I would like to know what people are doing with Jack Grimes. I think most people on BF have him. I can't find much on his injury, what worries me is that Melbourne might not risk him and put him on ice for the rest of the year. Thoughts?
I tossed up whether to
1) cover Grimes by replacing a non-playing bench player like Petrenko with Post/Hurley/Pearce as I have no bench coverage, hoping that Grimes will return in the coming weeks
2) Upgrade him to a premium back like Goddard

I've gone the second option. I don't think it's wise at this stage of the game to waste a trade on a bench player to score less points, so I've decided to upgrade Grimes to Goddard. I reckon Grimes has peaked (high BE), he's at his highest price and it will only cost 50K to upgrade him to Goddard who is basically at his lowest price for the year. I'm not keen to hang onto Grimes in the hope that he may return, I've already been burnt for a month by taking that approach with SJ!

Biting the bullet this week and trading Cox.

I also want to complete my forward line by bringing in cheap-as gun Buddy.

With bugger all in the bank currently, my options are:

Cox -> McIntosh
Sidebottom -> Buddy

OR

Cox -> Jolly
J.Garlett -> Buddy

Both aren't terrible options which is why I'm struggling to come to terms with which one to do. Jolly doesn't score as high as HMac, but then Garlett doesn't score as high as Sidebottom. Also Sidebottom is named this week and Garlett isn't, but Sidebottom has to hold a place in a more difficult team than Garlett does.

Oh and I have 4 trades remaining and no genuine donut worries other than Cox (though Swift for S.Tuck is not happy times).
I would go the second option, because Sidey is playing and Garlett isn't, which is good for
1) coverage and
2) extra cash

I might have to bite the bullet this week and trade out Cox. All I am hearing about the place is that he is likely to be out for the season. I'm pretty safely in finals, and have two trades left, and cash is no issue for my final trade.

Thoughts on whether or not it is worth trading Cox yet, and if so, who would be the best option?

Jolly (best season to date, durable)
Petrie (Consistent scorer, bit out of form, durable)
Sandilands (Best tap ruckman, but coming off injury - how severe?)
Clark (in top form, unsure of durability, can he keep his scores up?)
I would go Jolly,Clark,Sandilands,Petrie in that order.

Jolly has been good and racks up the taps so he well always get a half decent score.

Clark is on fire as number 1 ruck with Brisbane, they dont have much backup so he will get lots of tog.

Sandilands is also very good just from tapouts but with the recent injury and freos form if he was to re injure himself they would be in no rush at all to bring him back into the side.

Petrie's last 3 games have been pretty poor and i think there are better options then him atm.

Finalized options:

D.Thomas -> Riewoldt

VS

Rich -> Hayes

I have 1 trade left for the week. With 5 trades, left I plan on using 1 more this week and 2 more next week which will finalize my team and leave me with 2 left for the finals.

Here are my Options:

N Grima> T Lockyer

VS

H Skipworth> Nick Roo

Who would you do, im leaning towards the Grima trade

Finalized options:

D.Thomas -> Riewoldt

VS

Rich -> Hayes

I have 1 trade left for the week. With 5 trades, left I plan on using 1 more this week and 2 more next week which will finalize my team and leave me with 2 left for the finals.
Option 1 because riewoldt is a chance to go up in price while hayes has a breakeven of 159 and rich of 45 so u will save lots of money.

Here are my Options:

N Grima> T Lockyer

VS

H Skipworth> Nick Roo

Who would you do, im leaning towards the Grima trade
I would probably do the first trade if u have Grima starting since his out and Skipworth is on the extended bench

Any Richmond supports know if Shane Tuck will be out for a while or just the 1 week????

Option 1 because riewoldt is a chance to go up in price while hayes has a breakeven of 159 and rich of 45 so u will save lots of money.

I would probably do the first trade if u have Grima starting since his out and Skipworth is on the extended bench

Any Richmond supports know if Shane Tuck will be out for a while or just the 1 week????

Tuck has been dropped and is named in the middle for Coburg:eek:
He played one average game, is 2nd in the league for hard ball gets and gets dropped after one average game!

I don't think anyone would be able to judge how long Tucky will be out for.

Tuck has been dropped and is named in the middle for Coburg:eek:
He played one average game, is 2nd in the league for hard ball gets and gets dropped after one average game!

I don't think anyone would be able to judge how long Tucky will be out for.
So if he was to have a decent game on the weekend do you think he would come back in or is Rawlings to unpredictable? Also noticed the last 2weeks he had played he had about 50% and 60%gametime in both matches

Tough choices this week, Got 4 trades left and feel i need to use one to stay in touch with the leaders. Nothing really jumps at me though. A few I'm thinking about are:

Brennan > O'Keefe
Grimes/Drummond > Duffield.

They seem a bit stupid but I see them both picking me up 20-25 ppg.

Still deciding what to do this week. Hindsight shows me I have made errors in my trading, has taught me for next year though.
3 6th mids - K.Cornes, Stanton, Thompson
2 7th fowards- Brennan, Franklin.

Really considering Brennan > O'Keefe, could be worth 150 points if Brennan pulls out. A big difference considering I'm ranked just outside 150.

So if he was to have a decent game on the weekend do you think he would come back in or is Rawlings to unpredictable? Also noticed the last 2weeks he had played he had about 50% and 60%gametime in both matches

Yeah is certainly a tough call, I thought he may just have been getting rested due to his recent lack of TOG, to see him lining up for Coburg was a bit of a surprise.

I couldn't tell you how long he would be gone for but I certainly don't believe one good performance would see him come back in, would probably need 2-3. That being said we will probabaly be cut up in the middle without him this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still deciding what to do this week. Hindsight shows me I have made errors in my trading, has taught me for next year though.
3 6th mids - K.Cornes, Stanton, Thompson
2 7th fowards- Brennan, Franklin.

Really considering Brennan > O'Keefe, could be worth 150 points if Brennan pulls out. A big difference considering I'm ranked just outside 150.
How many trades are you down to? O'Keefe would be a good pick if Brennan was to miss a few weeks but since his named im not so sure its worth trading out someone of Brennans value to O'Keefe. Do you have any other weak links in your team that may be worth upgrading for someone like Brennan/Grimes/Drummond?

How many trades are you down to? O'Keefe would be a good pick if Brennan was to miss a few weeks but since his named im not so sure its worth trading out someone of Brennans value to O'Keefe. Do you have any other weak links in your team that may be worth upgrading for someone like Brennan/Grimes/Drummond?

4 trades left, and can't see any other weakness. Although I could make the call and pull the trigger on Stevie J, which could work out if he misses another 2 weeks.

4 trades left, and can't see any other weakness. Although I could make the call and pull the trigger on Stevie J, which could work out if he misses another 2 weeks.
mmm thats really tough pick but if u want to trade and u do still have a bit i would do the Brennan to O'Keefe trade. You will gain 15-20points on avg and + Brennan is under an injury cloud you would think so he may not get as much tog which may result in less score.

I also have Stevey J but he was ment to be 70-30 this week so you think he would be right to go next week and pull us some decent scores so we can contiune to move up the ranks.

mmm thats really tough pick but if u want to trade and u do still have a bit i would do the Brennan to O'Keefe trade. You will gain 15-20points on avg and + Brennan is under an injury cloud you would think so he may not get as much tog which may result in less score.

I also have Stevey J but he was ment to be 70-30 this week so you think he would be right to go next week and pull us some decent scores so we can contiune to move up the ranks.

Yeah, that is one way to look at it, there seems to be a lot of suspicion over Stevie J though and I feel he could easily miss 2-3 more.

Yeah, that is one way to look at it, there seems to be a lot of suspicion over Stevie J though and I feel he could easily miss 2-3 more.
Well if that happens i think that will damage our chances of finishing top 100:(

Also thats y i am tempted to upgrade Sidebottom to Franklin and have Franklin as my 8th forward who can cover for Steve Johnson and other players who get injured in my forwardline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back