2010/11 Champions League thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Milan's poor defending is being hugely exaggerated.

Trust me, there have been far worse defensive explosions this year (quite a few from us). Just learn to appreciate the quality and composure Lennon showed in his run. Great play for me.

Milan were and are just poor all round, you can go celebrate like its some monumental victory, but the truth is it was an expected result.

Milan's poor defending is being hugely exaggerated.

Trust me, there have been far worse defensive explosions this year (quite a few from us). Just learn to appreciate the quality and composure Lennon showed in his run. Great play for me.

Quality and composure is thrown around a bit too easily nowadays. He beat one man, and the tackle by that one man was soft and timid. He showed a great turn of pace but Wayne Routledge shows that too.

You went from a corner to a 2 on 2 in about 15 seconds. The fact Milan had 2 men there was a bigger part of the problem than any. If they defended even close to properly the goal never happens.

You wish that was shit defending because then someone would of just been sent off and Lennon would of had a free kick outside the box. It was beyond shit to be fair.

Yeah I agree, don't see why Yepes didn't just do that. Should have just took him to ground and gave the free kick away. Hell, he might have only gotten a yellow if the referee in the game was consistent :p

LOL it's actually 1-3 in recent weeks. He was very composed today. Hopefully the start of some good form from him.

Ah no, I like Kaboul a lot but he is not in our best 11. It doesn't matter what you, I or Embers think our best 11 is. Only Harry's opinion counts and Harry has Daws and Gallas in front of him and tbf both have been great.

Hes not in your best 11 based on Harrys opinion but we have seen with Corluka/Hutton just how quickly his opinion can and does change so I just took a stab at what I think there best 11 is. Thought that was pretty clear your best 11 back 4 atm is Dawson Gallas at CB but how long that remains is to be seen

An expected result? Milan were $1.70 favourites, Spurs $5.00 outsiders.

Everyone on here predicted a Milan victory.

Every pundit predicted a Milan victory.

Speak for yourself. Guess you don't have much faith in your team or you are unaware of how shit milan are.

Hes not in your best 11 based on Harrys opinion but we have seen with Corluka/Hutton just how quickly his opinion can and does change so I just took a stab at what I think there best 11 is. Thought that was pretty clear your best 11 back 4 atm is Dawson Gallas at CB but how long that remains is to be seen

No it really doesn't change. Charlie has been the no.1 right back for the last 2 seasons. He was out of form and got dropped for a small while. Then was injured so stayed out for longer. Now back in fitness he starts.

Gallas has been a half of our starting CB duo for the entire season and Dawson only missed games through injury.

Stop making it sound like there is going to be a change to it. The Daws-Gallas pairing is far and away our no.1 duo.

Look at where the ref is though Borgsta. I reckon the guy selling popcorn in the 2nd tier stand had a better view of that tackle than he did. He just took a conservative guess and gave a yellow rather than admitting he didnt properly see it.

No it really doesn't change. Charlie has been the no.1 right back for the last 2 seasons. He was out of form and got dropped for a small while. Then was injured so stayed out for longer. Now back in fitness he starts.

Gallas has been a half of our starting CB duo for the entire season and Dawson only missed games through injury.

Stop making it sound like there is going to be a change to it. The Daws-Gallas pairing is far and away our no.1 duo.

Say what. Palacios has been going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd choice DCM for a year now. Kranjcar use is sporadic at best. Defoe was starting pre injury and cant get a look in since. Just looking at it now Crouch has 15 starts and 10 bench appearances. What does that say about "not changing the 11"

I never mentioned the other positions but if you want to go there we shall.

When fit we have an extremely stable midfield 5.
Bale - Modric - Hudd - Lennon
------------VDV--------------

Defoe, Crouch and Pav all rotate like crazy because between them they have 6 goals in 26 EPL games. In other words they all suck.

Palacios hasn't been first choice DCM at any point this season.

Kranjcar's use has been sporadic because our mid 5 is so stable when fit. Bench / squad players generally get used sporadically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never mentioned the other positions but if you want to go there we shall.

When fit we have an extremely stable midfield 5.
Bale - Modric - Hudd - Lennon
------------VDV--------------

Defoe, Crouch and Pav all rotate like crazy because between them they have 6 goals in 26 EPL games. In other words they all suck.

Palacios hasn't been first choice DCM at any point this season.

Kranjcar's use has been sporadic because our mid 5 is so stable when fit. Bench / squad players generally get used sporadically.

And your CBs have also rotated like crazy (injury/the fact you have like 7 of them) along with RB. Gallas is like the 4th player ive seen at RB for you this year.

they only rotate because of injury though Embers. RB has rotated because of form to Corluka then injury to him with Hutton obviously just not good enough.

Gallas has started 18 games. Not sure how anyone can even attempt to say he isn't first choice.

I still have the screenshot of that if you want proof :)

Nah I deleted it im afraid. Dont remember if i ever sent it to Crimson King or not :confused:. Either way I 100% guarantee you I bet and lost that much on that game and you can rip on me all you like for it. Stupid stupid bet really looking back at it

d57867be_af40_d852.gif

they only rotate because of injury though Embers. RB has rotated because of form to Corluka then injury to him with Hutton obviously just not good enough.

Gallas has started 18 games. Not sure how anyone can even attempt to say he isn't first choice.

They are the most injury prone bunch of CBs I have ever seen. Gallas probably is a certain first choice but a large part of that has to do with the fact hes the only one whose been able to stay injury free.

I think long term and into next year Gallas will spend a bit more time on the bench and be fazed out as his contract ends. (maybe even shift to RB if today was anything to go by, fits into that role like a glove)

EDIT : I might have uploaded it onto a website so ill look for it ben

That isn't the reason he is first choice. He is first choice because he has been great. You don't make someone captain because they stay injury free.

Considering Gallas has a 1 year contract he will need to be fazed out very quickly for you to be right. This will be another Embers was wrong.

If he re-signs which he is apparently close to doing of course you would expect that a 34 year old would spend more time on the bench.

He has already signed on for next year I thought :confused:. Like 2 weeks ago

If hes going to spend some time on the bench than how is he going to be 100% first choice. Technically you could claim Ledley King as first choice too which is technically true. Whenever he is fit he does play but ultimately other things are taken into account when deciding the team like injuries/opposition/matchday tactics hence why Harry regularly rotates his 11 and makes it tough to distinguish

EDIT: Ah I missed the probably in Harrys quote.

If hes going to spend some time on the bench than how is he going to be 100% first choice. Technically you could claim Ledley King as first choice too which is technically true. Whenever he is fit he does play but ultimately other things are taken into account when deciding the team like injuries/opposition/matchday tactics hence why Harry regularly rotates his 11 and makes it tough to distinguish

That would be a possibility next season. This season he is a clear first choice.

An expected result? Milan were $1.70 favourites, Spurs $5.00 outsiders.

Everyone on here predicted a Milan victory.

Every pundit predicted a Milan victory.

I did two doubles.

Spurs and Arsenal to draw with Milan Barca respectively
Both to win.

Spurs at $5.00 against any Italian team !!!!
Arsenal at home t $4.00 against anyone !!!

I don't think Arsenal will beat barca but they have every chance dn at those prices the double had to be done. Top EPL teams have a chance against anyone anywhere. Spurns would win Serie A.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010/11 Champions League thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back