2010/11 Champions League thread

Remove this Banner Ad

another chance for van persie....again he blazes over, really need to nail these chances. the game is opening up so more chances will likely come, but they need to be taken. still feel barca have another goal in them too, so crucial part of the game now

For a striker, Dani Alves has always amazed me.

He tries his best to cover the right wing and occasionally ends up covering at right back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a glorious game....so glad i stayed home for this and have taped the game on IQ....will be watching espn HD again when i get home tonight, sensational game of football

Arsenal don't have the players to play for 0-0 in Barcelona so they are still going out. They needed to win by 2 goals to have a chance. Barca 3-0 or 3-1 in Barcelona.

Arsenal don't have the players to play for 0-0 in Barcelona so they are still going out. They needed to win by 2 goals to have a chance. Barca 3-0 or 3-1 in Barcelona.
Yep, pretty much.

Even Inter, as good as they were last season in the second leg needed a fair bit of luck to get the job done in the second leg. (every side who wins the CL has a lot of luck throughout the CL, Barca are no exceptions either, twice in recent times, not in the last 7 or so years has a winner of the tournament not been the recipient of fairly strong doses of luck in various stages throughout the tournament)

Anyway, I expect a Barca two goal win. At least.

Well done to Arsenal though.

Was always feeling confident we would score, the villa sub was silly and invited pressure on barca.

Btw frank, you've been good for england (not really) but wilshere has surpassed you time to give it up.

My thoughts:

1: Barca can slice open Arsenals defence at will, if Messi was more clinical they would of won.

2: Pedro is a soft fruntrunner

3: Abidal was very good today, they will need Puyol back badly to replace Pique.

4: Arsenal will be very dangerous on the counter in the second leg

5: Arsenal must man mark Xavi, he had too much time and space today.

6: Sczczeny is a very good keeper

Remove this Banner Ad

2010/11 Champions League thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back