Preview 2010 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

It should be said the Chris Judd is a phenomenal leader and one of the best players in the game. So in this sense, he deserved to win.

However, for all those disappointed Swan fans like I, look into it. Judd is the best player in a not so great team, and with all this depth and shared strength it is no wonder Pendles and Dids are taking votes of the Swanster.

Our strength in this sense, is also the weakness when it comes to an individual winning a B&F.

i went through every page is this is the only bloke talking sense, the pies bragged all year about the eveness of your team and yet you all expected dane swan to stand out. dane swan is the most substituted player on top of that where as judd was always in the umpires eye's doing the hard stuff that everyone said he shouldn't be doing every week who do you think would poll more. your team is in a grand final at the end of the day and thats cos you've had 22 contributors all this tells carlton is the rest of our team needs to step up, Brownlows count for nothing premierships mean everything and thats all we care about at carlton

juddy.jpg

i went through every page is this is the only bloke talking sense, the pies bragged all year about the eveness of your team and yet you all expected dane swan to stand out. dane swan is the most substituted player on top of that where as judd was always in the umpires eye's doing the hard stuff that everyone said he shouldn't be doing every week who do you think would poll more. your team is in a grand final at the end of the day and thats cos you've had 22 contributors all this tells carlton is the rest of our team needs to step up, Brownlows count for nothing premierships mean everything and thats all we care about at carlton

Do you think a player of Swans quality deserved better than 2 BOG's for the entire 22 rounds of the season? I think he did, eveness of the team or not.

Yeah. Doesn't mean Judd was anywhere close to being the best player of the season though. Wouldn't even be in the top 10. Hodge, Sandilands, Ablett, Mantagna, Swan, all would be worthy winners. Judd? No. He's been shit, shouldn't even have been close.

He shouldn't have polled a single vote in Round 6 for starters, let alone 3. Swan dominated that match, who got the chocolates? Judd. For no apparent reason. It's ludicrous.

I expected the guy that won every other individual award for the year (bar the Coleman) to win personally.

He was good enough to stand out in the HS, The Age, The Coaches Award, The MVP.... Why would we not expect him to do well in the Brownlow?
Get 40 touches and kicking 2 goals then not getting the 3 votes has nothing to do with the evenness of the team or his team mates themselves, it's just incompetence on the award givers part.

I guess now with Carlton fans putting so much stock into how important the Brownlow is with Judd winning, we have all but confirmed how vastly superior Scott Pendlebury is to those two skirt wearing number 1 draftees Carlton fans were banging on about so loudly this time last year.

is this the game you guys are complaining about?

Carlton v Collingwood
8 Chris Judd (Carl)
8 Luke Ball (Coll)
7 Dane Swan (Coll)
5 Scott Pendlebury (Coll)
1 Marc Murphy (Carl)
1 Jordan Russell (Carl)

Those are the coaches votes...

AN OUTRAGE!!!

Carlton v Collingwood
8 Chris Judd (Carl)
8 Luke Ball (Coll)
7 Dane Swan (Coll)
1 Marc Murphy (Carl)
1 Jordan Russell (Carl)

AN OUTRAGE!!!

He got 5 from Ratten who probably was tugging himself all game over Judd and 3 from Malthouse.

That means the votes were
Mick:
5 Swan
4 Ball
3 Judd
2 Pendlebury
1 Murphy

Ratten
5 Judd
4 Ball
3 Pendlebury
2 Swan
1 Russel

Yeah I don't think I'd be trusting Ratten to decide who were the best players on ground either to be honest.

Last game of the year, Stephen Hill was rampant. Clearly the 2nd best player on the ground, his long goals won Freo the game. 0 votes. Judd non existent when the game was decided. 1 vote.

A shambles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing result for Swan - touching wood that a norm smith and premiership medal will make it seem less of a mockery than tonight's brownlow was.

While I didn't think hodge would win I did think it would be a closer battle between the two with Goddard, Ablett and Pendlebury thrown in. It's obvious that I know even less about football than I originally presumed I did.

Good luck for Saturday.

He got 5 from Ratten who probably was tugging himself all game over Judd and 3 from Malthouse.

That means the votes were
Mick:
5 Swan
4 Ball
3 Judd
2 Pendlebury
1 Murphy

Ratten
5 Judd
4 Ball
3 Pendlebury
2 Swan
1 Russel

Yeah I don't think I'd be trusting Ratten to decide who were the best players on ground either to be honest.
You know this how??

And so Malhouse gave him 3 you say??? so the opposition coach had to give Judd a minimum of 3... yet it's an outrage he got BOG.. when so so so many worse example even tonight's game can be given.. this is what you guys are choosing to harp on... what was it the admin said "lulz"..

I think it's card cue isn't it?

Carlton v Collingwood
8 Chris Judd (Carl)
8 Luke Ball (Coll)
7 Dane Swan (Coll)
1 Marc Murphy (Carl)
1 Jordan Russell (Carl)

AN OUTRAGE!!!

Post all the ones where he didn't feature in the CVs but got Brownlow votes, I can assure you that you won't be light on for choice. Even more damning if you stack 'em up against the games Swan featured in the top two yet couldn't even manage a vote :)

I'm just still stunned he couldn't even scrap a vote in the first 3 rounds, that's the real conspiracy here.

Having read the Carlton Board (its alright, I showered afterwards!), Carlton supporters must have made squillions betting on Judd. I can't believe he wasn't favorite for the Brownlow. I am so shocked at the skinny odds the bookies gave on our outside half back flanker. Judd was a lock...geez 5 BOGS - why did the bookies have Ablett red hot fav to be leader after 11 rounds - somehow, I couldn't find the Carlton post pre Brownlow that said Judd is a certainty to lead after 11 rounds and then win the whole thing...

so why are we outraged? - forget Swannies lack of respect from umpires who cannot figure out what "in the back" is let alone a decent player...Ablett should have been the early leader, Barlow should have been close on his heels...Hodge and Goddard missed votes when they were match winners.

Judd is a champion - he didn't deserve the Brownlow this year - AND most importantly, Maxwell as our Captain and leader of men beats Judd hands down...records speak for themselves. The jibe about the traitor, Greg Swann recruiting Judd made me realize...a champion player cannot beat a champion team...Swann and Judd chased the money. Ablett may chase the money. You won't see any Collingwood players chasing money. Loyalty and the black and white jumper still means something. Luke Ball chose Collingwood...Darren Jolly chose Collingwood..Taz wants to come back!...

Judd can take his medal into the Visy boardroom tomorrow but his year is over. Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury and Co. have a job to do this Saturday and no outside influences will distract them.

If we win by 50 points and a St Kilda player wins the Norm Smith, I'll take the flag anyday oh but wait that won't happen because the umpires don't vote on Norm Smith medals.

GO PIES

Re: 2011 Brownlow medal predictions

Goodes didn't poll well this year so they will no doubt make up for that and he will poll well, In a similar over reaction to the way Goodes polled last year Judd will find it near impossible to poll a votes next year as the umpires over compensate for their mistake this year.

The winner will obviously NEVER be Swan. The umpires don't seem to rate him at all. Where as the fans, journo's and players all unanimously voted him as seasons best.

2 best on grounds for the entire season?? What a crock.

You gotta ask yourself...do you really care what umpires think?

Well done to the Juddmeister... may he win the next 2 brownlows

My money will be on Judd, Selwood, Boak or Swan.

I don't think Swan will be ignored for the 3rd time in a row, look how long it took Gazza to win one.

pendlebury. 21 votes this year; coming back from a serious injury and played out of position for part of the year. class that the umps recognise and will only improve at this stage of his career.

lol, jk. judd by 17 votes

I am gonna get on Penduls for the Brownlow next year, he polls so well and I think he will have a better season. Hope his odds are good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back