Preview 2010 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I posted on the main Brownlow Thread:

And for the next five years.

I wouldn't of been 'annoyed' as much as I am if someone such as Ablett, Sandilands or Hodge won tonight as they would've been deserving to win as they've all had an excellent season. Judd won simply because he was the lone star amongst duds at Carlton and he just racked up points. Where-as the likes of Swan, Ablett and Sandilands have many other stars in their team which were able to snatch away points. Can't believe Jarryd Blair and Leon Davis got votes over Swan, load of crap and I've lost all respect for the medal.

I hope (cant wait) to see Swanny with his Norm Smith and Premiership Medallion around his neck showing the umps how stupid they really are.

I'll be ****ed if I recognise someone that made 122 blatant, unforced errors for the season as the best player in 2010.

Must admit like most of us, I didn't see that one coming. He polled 3 votes against the pies when we smashed them by 9 Goals. Come on? Judd even polled against teams when Carlton lost and he got 20 odd touches.

No doubt he is a gun player and possibly a nice person but I didn't think he had an absolute standout year? Even the so called experts didn't have him in the top 3 and he just made the All Australian on the bench. One of the panel even commented on Hayes being in there instead of Judd.

Re: 2011 Brownlow medal predictions

Obviously not a Collingwood player.

Swan BOG in 1 match all season, how much footy does he have to get 60 touches?????

He will never win a brownlow, Pendlebury might umpires seem to like him

i think it was 2 games where he polled the 3...either way that really doesnt stack up

His best season by a mile and i think he's taken a massive step forward

He may not be leaving with Charlie but he's clearly our champion

FWIW

C. Judd - 30
K. Simpson - 9 second highest carlton player

D. Swan - 24
S. Pendles - 21
A. Didak - 11

Maybe sums it up a bit better

Lol all the Carlton fans think everyone's jealous.. No, we just want to see a deserving winner..

I know you guys have bigger fish, but Swan should have won that as we all know.. Ablett even should have won it.. Hayes, Pendlebury.. You could go on..

Yeah, teh sux when your team mates take your votes. Same thing happened to Juddy last year. Gibbs and Murphy finished top ten. Poor juddy was left in second place behind gaz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More than Judd over Swan, just start enjoying the collywobbles set in!

Look how many bottom lips at the pies are starting to quiver! What god forbid will happen to their bottom lip on grand final day!

Sooo much to lose!

As for the dumbass comments about in-club competition for points, history proves that it is a bonus for players as they share ten times the possessions/efficiency than weak clubs! Or Deledio would have won 3 brownlows!

Yeah, teh sux when your team mates take your votes. Same thing happened to Juddy last year. Gibbs and Murphy finished top ten. Poor juddy was left in second place behind gaz.

i dont expect you to understand what its like to support an actual team considering youve only ever had individuals in the past decade to barely drag you over the line.

what your basically saying is either the coaches, players, journo's, newspapers, generally the best footy minds in the country and the AA selectors (who put Judd on the bench this year) all got it wrong compared to the superior minds of the umpires? Spare me

Enjoy the post season :thumbsu:

Meh, just means he doesn't have to spend the week doing photo shoots and interviews for an individual award, he'll have his mind solely focused on the thing that matters.
The Brownlow clearly doesn't signify the best player for the year, everyone knows it, hell, even Judd knew it tonight.

I've never really understood why people put so much stock in it. We continually berate umpires for their lack of knowledge, yet everyone gets up in arms when they **** up like this... I just expect it personally and save myself the let down.
The votes should be awarded by an independent panel who watch the game, not bloody participate in it. How can you expect the umpires can get it right, they are rightfully focusing on adjudicating the game (their actual job), they shoudn't be tasked with determining the best players on the field. Especially when you consider football knowledge isn't necessarily a prerequisite of being an umpire, they may not have ever even played the game themselves, it's the equivalent of having Caroline Wilson award the votes for the most prestigious award our game has.

Like I said in the Bay though, I'll remain more than happy to continue to see Chris Judd take out individual awards and embarrass his single vote getting team mates while they carrying on failing to even win one final a decade.
I don't even want to fathom the position Carlton would be in if it wasn't continually given the number 1 draft pick and didn't get handed all of Dick Pratt's money. Their best player would be Kade Simpson ffs.

All the while we'll just chug along with our pick 53 AFL MVP award winner and quietly slip into our third GF for the decade.
:)

The annoying part for me was not the fact our guys took points off one another, it was more so the fact we would smash sides and THEY steal points off us. Boyd, Rodan and Judd get 3 in massive losses, seriously! Its even more annoying when we seem to be only club getting points stolen off us in BIG wins.

Honestly I wouldnt have minded if anyone else but the love child got it. I mean how do u get 3 votes for games with a kicking efficency less then 50%...?

The annoying part for me was not the fact our guys took points off one another, it was more so the fact we would smash sides and THEY steal points off us. Boyd, Rodan and Judd get 3 in massive losses, seriously! Its even more annoying when we seem to be only club getting points stolen off us in BIG wins.

Honestly I wouldnt have minded if anyone else but the love child got it. I mean how do u get 3 votes for games with a kicking efficency less then 50%...?

Yeah agree with this. I don't have the time nor the patience but it would be interesting to see how many other players won BOG in 40+ point losses against other sides.

what a pathetic outcome ,just goes to show u the umpires have no idea ,im so pissed off comon pies win that flag boys and stick it right up em

Really couldn't give a **** who wins the umpire's awards, as long as the umps are predictable and can net me some $$$ via the TAB.

And that they did.

Suspense; pre-count;19088431 said:
really couldn't give a crap who wins. :)
"and not a single **** was given that day."

i genuinely couldn't give a shit about any collingwood player [singular] winning any sort of individual award in a team sport; past, present or future.

ppl who get worked up over the results of this sort of wank really do it to themselves. :D

More than Judd over Swan, just start enjoying the collywobbles set in!

Look how many bottom lips at the pies are starting to quiver! What god forbid will happen to their bottom lip on grand final day!

Sooo much to lose!

As for the dumbass comments about in-club competition for points, history proves that it is a bonus for players as they share ten times the possessions/efficiency than weak clubs! Or Deledio would have won 3 brownlows!

Pretty sure this flog should be carded mods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back