2010 - Captain Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 17 Captain

Here's who I believe are the most likely candiates (in order):

1. Nick Dal Santo - since the start of 2005, has scored 158, 155, 67, 121 & 146 vs. the Hawks (Ave. 129)
The 26 year old has produced some exceptional performances against the Hawks over the years, and despite missing last week with back tightness, I'm more than prepared to label him your best choice for captain for Round 17.

2. Chris Judd - since the start of 2008, has scored 142, 110 & 112 vs. the Eagles (Ave. 121)
The Blues' skipper loves playing his old side, as his scores will confirm. Will be looking to bounce back after his side's poor showing against Sydney last week.

3. Brent Harvey - since the start of 2005, has scored 169, 142, 97, 111 & 111 vs. the Bombers (Ave. 128)
THE BAD; The Kangas beat Richmond last week. THE GOOD; Boomer luurrves playing the Bombers, including an epic 169 the last time the two sides met, where he registered 33 touches, seven marks, six inside 50s and three goals. The only thing preventing me from putting him at #1, is that he plays for the Kangaroos, and he's playing the Bombers, who may finally bounce back this week.

4. Gary Ablett - since the start of 2006, has scored 102, 149, 99, 142 & 146 vs the Lions (Ave. 128)
I know he's been in a bit of a rut, averaging a mere 102 over the past five weeks, however, his record against the Lions can not be ignored. Other things going for him include; you can be sure the cats will want to atone for their loss against the Crows last week and oh yeah, and he averages 148 at Skilled this year . Could easily be at the top of this list.

5. Marc Murphy - since the start of 2008, has scored 135, 143 & 85 vs. the Eagles (Ave. 121)
Wow. I swear when this kid finishes his career, he'll be as highly regarded as your Abletts, Dal Santos and Judds when it comes to SuperCoach consistency. Since the start of 2008, the number one draft pick averages 107 SC points per game during the H&A season. In serious contention for the captain of my team this week.

6. Jimmy Bartel - since the start of 2006, has scored 122, 61, 139, 129, 142, 120 & 158 vs. the Lions (Ave. 124)
Another cat who likes playing the Lions, Gentleman Jim would be another excellent choice should you decide to place the 'C' next to his name. My only concern is his record at the Cats' hoe ground this year, which includes scores of 113, 101, 76, 77 & 79.

Rounding out my top ten nominees...

7. Lenny Hayes - since the start of 2005, has scored 126, 158 & 101 vs. the Hakws (Ave. 128)
8. Paul Chapman - since the start of 2006, has scored 117, 152, 95, 104, 105, 100, 104 & 154 vs. Lions (Ave. 116)
9. Bryce Gibbs* - since the start of 2008, has scored 192, 95 & 106 vs. the Eagles (Ave. 131)
10. Matthew Pavlich - since the start of 2005, has scored 126, 64, 92, 110, 82 & 141 vs. the Bulldogs (Ave. 103)

Going alright myself, nominated Hodge (153) & Selwood (145) as my top two choices last week.

Went out on a limb I know! :D

I've gone with Selwood.

I'd advise anyone else who has him change him right now.

I'm certainly no Supercoach this season........ :)

Even if I take it off Gazza, it's not easy.

I could give it to Chappy-advantage being he's super consistent so there's little risk

Selwood-will probably kill it, but then again if Gazza goes back to the midfield maybe not so much

Bartel-will probably score 150 if he plays forward, but will he play forward?

Swan-gun, but could just as easily score 70 as 160.

And that's not even talking about Montagna, Goddard, Hodge etc, geez it's tough.

the boot studder at geelong will pull 100+ this week.

who got the points in the cats 500+ possession game recently ?

might be a good guide to who of the on ballers to pick. maybe chappy.

pods is the query - he could very well star, kicking 10 in addition to his normal 80 point game.

despite being a huge hodge/goddard fan all year, im picking one of my cats crew.

having the ability to take a few risks helps this week, and so taking on chappy for the 1st time.

Could gaz turn it around this week and punish those that dare to remove him of the captaincy?

Could gaz turn it around this week and punish those that dare to remove him of the captaincy?

A comment from spud_jjj's Round 17 Preview, Scores & In-Game Discussion:
So tempted to give Boomer or NIcky Dal the captiancy but will stay loyal to Ablett for one more week. With Stevie J back in gaz should play more in the midfield, and score big.

Having similar thoughts...

Gaz, Swan, Goddard, Hodge or someone else:eek::confused:

it's so tempting to switch from Ablett but he will most likely gun it this week.

Goddard, Hodge, Swan, Montagna, Bartel. Still contending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boomer (c)

Actually did it..now I'm regretting it...

Nah I think it's a smart move. His record against the Bombers is awsome. :eek:

Thanks...

While I love the Bombers, we are cr@p this year..

If Le Cras was able to kick 12 goals, then Boomer will kick 3+ goals with 30+ possies...

However, I feel I should of gone Super Swan..the Cyborg...

Made a last minute change to Montagna. Very happy with that decision.

Me thinks you aren't so happy now

Unlucky he slipped on the ice rink tonight

I think based on IDIG's time of post that IDIG was being sarcastic......

Let's go Boomer (c) as I chose you over Ablett, Swan, Hodge, Monty, Dal...I want Boomer to run riot but Bombers to win..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back