2010 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

White should be developed into a lead up FF.
Could not hurt,alternatively there is a young bloke (21 yo) running around in the Bendigo league by the name of Grant Weeks 145 H&A Goals,lightning lead,accurate kick,former Bendigo Pioneer surprisingly overlooked in the 2006 Draft that would make a ideal rookie.

Thoughts on Kyle Hartigan? Liked him last year but he didn't get drafted.

He had a reasonable year in the VFL playing as a KPD by all reports and did well.

I would like to give a big thank you to GC football club...

1. They didn't touch any of our players

2. They ripped of a few of our top 8 potential rival teams (dogs, cats and crows)

3. They pick up players other teams would've picked up and sold them back to them at premium price (North, port, freo, pies)

4. They traded for their compensation picks... meaning they will use them in the future... meaning our pick 33 will atleast be pick 30 this year... and pick 76 will be pick 73 (plus a few passes.... eg Eagles and Bombers... that pick becomes 66)... so we really got pick 30 + 66 for Jacobs...

5. They took the only player that can be viewed better than Judd and placed him in a shit midfield... meaning Judd will win everything next year

Thanks GCFC...

4. They traded for their compensation picks... meaning they will use them in the future... meaning our pick 33 will atleast be pick 30 this year... and pick 76 will be pick 73 (plus a few passes.... eg Eagles and Bombers... that pick becomes 66)... so we really got pick 30 + 66 for Jacobs...

No, pick 33 is still pick 33, it just means it could be worse if someone uses a compensation pick that falls in front of it.

Nah GC has most of the concessions, the tigers won't use theirs and North probably won't either
Why wouldn't Richmond and North use their... I think they might... if it's true that this draft runs deep...
I think Brisbane might keep one of their up their sleeves... and doubt Geelong will use theirs..

So I think it might be... Richmond, North and 1 off Brisbane's will be used...

That reduces our pick to pick 36... my god that's shithouse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as I think Watson and McCarthy will be gone by our first pick and I have a feeling we will pick mainly talls, I know hughes goes best available but I just have a feeling :D These are a few players who sound allright

Lucas Cook
Pat Karnezis
Luke Mitchell
Reece Conca

Does anyone think that Mitch Hallahan could slip to pick 33? :D

Good mail is he won't get past St Kilda's 1st pick. 25 or so i think?

I would really like a tough, genuine midfielder with good leadership like Hallihan, but if Hughes doesn't go CHB/CHF this year he will prolly get strung up lol

Hughes will get us a good CHB/FF. It doesn't have to be with the first pick

Fair enough.

I actually think (as most do) we have the 2 outstanding needs. Toughness/solidness and lack of a KPP.

A genuine , tough, young leader like Hallihan would be great, as long as Hughes has a near definite KPP in mind at 33 or 41.

As always, draft week will be interesting.

I don't want to listen to anyone during pre-draft periods... i read people's ratings... and the phantom drafts and shit... and i get my heart set on the players that we are "set" to draft... and we either just miss out or completely ignore...

I got really excited by the prospects of Daniel hanneberry 2 years ago. He was well rated here on bigfooty and i went and watched him at oakleigh where i was further impressed. At the time he was a year younger than all other draftees so he would be a steal because if went for the draft the next year he would have gone in the top 10. Unfortunately the swans picked him up with 30 but that is the way it goes GORDANBLUE.

Clubs are better waiting till after GWS. The draft picks will be higher

Not necessarily. .. By waiting the pick goes up ~9-10 places but then you miss out on 2-3 years of development. .. Team just starting or early in a rebuild could possibly wait but those that need the players sooner may not want to. ..

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back