2010 Dream Team & Super Coach dicussion & Question Thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

What's going to be Xavier Ellis' role this year? Thought he should have won the Norm in 08, great user of the footy and good awareness. Could be a breakout year but was disappointing tonight, then again I couldn't really get a sense of where he was fitting in. Will he ever put on a kg?

Also a bit unsure on Ellis. Had him as a lock but he has been disappointing in both NAB games so far. Can you guys see him as just not being a big accumulator of the footy?

Couple questions for you guys:

- How is Bateman looking? Obviously didn't play tonight but will he be ready to fire come Round 1? Many of you predicting big things from him this year?

- What are your thoughts on Carl Peterson? Played pretty well tonight but will he get much game time?

Cheers.

Bateman should be named for NAB challenge next week. Just an injury niggle, nothing to worry about but i wouldn't pick him in DT.

Carl Peterson is an interesting one. He was always going to be flashy but you'd have to say a few others are infront of him for a spot. That said, if he has repeat performance in the coming weeks he could grab a spot.

Hawks will have 3 rookie spots (Two nominated and One for Max Bailey on the LTI list) Moss and JKT will get one and two. Peterson could get the 3rd spot but it will depend on the ruck situation.

Also a bit unsure on Ellis. Had him as a lock but he has been disappointing in both NAB games so far. Can you guys see him as just not being a big accumulator of the footy?

I think Hawthorn have been suffering they same problem as last year. Lack of outside run. It's just coincedence that most of our outside mids haven't been playing. Once Burgoyne, Rioli and Young come back in everyone will get more of the ball.

Ellis could easy rack up 30 disposals in a winning side once we have a complete team but i'm not sold. He's a good choice in your team but your probably better off upgrading to someone else.

Hey guys, quick question is Xavier Ellis a lock in your 22? I still want to pick him regardless of his average form of late, just was concerned about job security?

Whitecross

Hey guys.
Could someone tell me whats happened to one B Whitecross.
He looked the goods I thought but hasn't played a game yet this year. I've got him in my initial supercoach team. Is he gonna be in the best 22?
Cheers,

is Clinton Young Woth gettig in DreamTeam..? when will he play round 1 ?
{Hawkinspired}No. Due to be back around round 3 but don't be surprised if it's pushed back. Especially with the game JKT had.

Expect JTK to play first few rounds & depending on form could cement a spot.

Probably an obvious one here, but how often has anyone ever setup a team entirely based on Hawthorn players? And how has it performed. I've set one up as a 2nd team and am definitely struggling for a forward line!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably an obvious one here, but how often has anyone ever setup a team entirely based on Hawthorn players? And how has it performed. I've set one up as a 2nd team and am definitely struggling for a forward line!
No a few mates who set one up last year all Hawks he diidnt do well...;)

Rioli progress update?
Depending on how his injury pulls up when he increases his training loads..

Re: Whitecross

Hey guys.
Could someone tell me whats happened to one B Whitecross.
He looked the goods I thought but hasn't played a game yet this year. I've got him in my initial supercoach team. Is he gonna be in the best 22?
Cheers,

WhiteX was up in Darwin with Big Max and Buckets a few weeks ago. He is out with a hip problem, looking to be ready by about round 3. I doubt he'll get too many games unless injuries to others gives him more opportunities.

This is my first year as a super coach and I'm a bit confused... why are rookies eligible to be in a dream team when they can't selected to play? For example, I've got Skipper in as a reserve ruckman (because he's dirt cheap and might pick a few more stats around the ground), but he'll need to be promoted off the rookie list before he gets any games.

Re: Whitecross

WhiteX was up in Darwin with Big Max and Buckets a few weeks ago. He is out with a hip problem, looking to be ready by about round 3. I doubt he'll get too many games unless injuries to others gives him more opportunities.

This is my first year as a super coach and I'm a bit confused... why are rookies eligible to be in a dream team when they can't selected to play? For example, I've got Skipper in as a reserve ruckman (because he's dirt cheap and might pick a few more stats around the ground), but he'll need to be promoted off the rookie list before he gets any games.
That's the big call mate of being able to pick up a cheap as Rookie with the outlook that you'll think he'll be upgraded to the senior list!

Is Matt Suckling likely to get a game early this year? Have been impressed with him in the NAB cup.
Yes with Doubts on Junior Dasher & Burgoyne & Bateman out suspended Suckers & JTK are the likely replacements for the early Rounds depending on form whether they can hold there spot

Yeah, I wouldn't do it for a primary SC team. But have set a league up for teams based on club lists. Bit of interest so far.
so every Coach has a team list to choose from you should go well then some great scorers on the Hawks list this would be my Back 6

Goo Birchall Laddo X-man Hodge Gibbo

Is Matt Suckling likely to get a game early this year? Have been impressed with him in the NAB cup.

I think Matt Sucking will be given every chance to slot into our defence for season proper. One thing that you need to know about him is that he was a late starter to AFL etc. Word is that his body is much better prepared this year for the rigours of AFL.

How did Schoenmakers go in your praccy yesterday??

Is he likely to play 22? Any different role this season that may see his scoring improve?

This is for SC btw

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Dream Team & Super Coach dicussion & Question Thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back