Golf 2010 PGA Tour Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Monkey off the back in a way for Westwood. He still needs to breakthrough in a major but getting his first win in a long time on US soil will give him loads of confidence for next week.

US Open tee times.

Scott, Ogilvy and Allenby are in a group together. Westwood, Els and Woods the heavyweight group.

Allenby the leading Aussie at +6, and 1 of only 2 to make the cut, and he couldn't even swing a club from a fishing injury the day before the tournament. Sometimes you wonder why they even bother turning up.

Allenby the leading Aussie at +6, and 1 of only 2 to make the cut, and he couldn't even swing a club from a fishing injury the day before the tournament. Sometimes you wonder why they even bother turning up.

I know, it's shocking how quickly Australian golfers on the world stage have fallen away.

I remember it was only a year or two ago when we had multiple winners and players in the top 20, now we are back to the 2 "bys" Allenby and Appleby holding our heads up.

Badderly started with an 80 for ****s sake, he has to soon make a decision between his church and his career, because his career his going down the drain.

And as for Adam Scott, well let's not go there.

I'm on Ernie all the way, got him in the fantasy comp and got him at $26 before the tournament.

I'll be happy if anyone beats "Fake Phil" though, can't stand the guy.

How about that shot on 18, was stunning by Tiger, although he missed the Eagle putt.

Pressure is on Johnson and McDowell now, you would want a 3-4 shot lead going into tomorrow, and you also do not want to be in the final group with Tiger.

Ernie still going well, but great to see Fake Phil double bogey.

I'm going for Ernie from here as well. Love the Big Easy.

Tiger looks awesome though and I wouldn't be part of the angry mob if he won. Golf this season has still been good while he was gone but Tiger up and about is great to watch.

Johnson's tournament to win or lose now.

Has a 5 shot lead over Tiger, and I just can't see Tiger shooting any lower then 3 or 4 under on the final day.

If DJ shoots even par or better, he wins IMO.

As much as I'd like to see Tiger win, the only 2 other players in contention I have any time for are DJ and Ernie, so a Johnson win would be fine with me.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Johnson will hold on. He's won twice at Pebble Beach before, but it's interesting to look at his performances in those tournaments.

In 2010:
64-68-64-74
Came into the last round in the lead after shooting 3 great rounds and only just held on with a 74.

In 2009:
65-69-67
Won because the final round was cancelled.

In 2008:
73-68-68-73
Came into the final round in a good position but shot a 73 to finish 7th.

With Tiger lurking on the leaderboard, I can't see Johnson holding on.

Putting it mildly AG (hindsight call i know).

This is shaping up to be an awesome last day, Phil needs to make the most of his opportunities though to feature.

Good to see Davis Love turning back the clock too.

Great call matt. I saw those final round scores when they flashed it up yesterday too and didn't hold much hope. Didn't think it would go so pear shaped so early though. :eek:

Mickelson's putter really costing him. Mind you, that eagle putt on 4 was dead set horrendous, downhill putt running it 6 feet by :rolleyes:

Woods continuing his streak of never coming from behind to win a major it would seem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf 2010 PGA Tour Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back