2010 Reports, Articles, Injuries and Suspensions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Riewoldt is such a pussy for tearing his hamstring off his bone.

Harden the **** up Crywoldt.

/sarcasm

After Bomber's comments in the paper regarding Ablett not having a good game last week, even though most would say he was B.O.G, and now this 'hamstring tightness', I smell something fishy.

Geelong were relatively terrible last week and even though they play Richmond at home, they are now dropping their best player.

The Gold Coast Effect?

Thats the feeling i get as well. I dunno why and even tho i know it probably is 99% chance its due to hamstring tightness i got this wierd feeling theres somthing more to it

As much as it pains us to see Ablett and Chapman killing it every week, this is EXACTLY why we can't buy them...
Bit quick on the trigger with Chappy there. If he's a late withdrawl then you have a case but so far he's played every game and scored well.

Having said that, if I was Bomber I'd be resting a few stars this week with the bye.

Bit quick on the trigger with Chappy there. If he's a late withdrawl then you have a case but so far he's played every game and scored well.

Having said that, if I was Bomber I'd be resting a few stars this week with the bye.

You could also argue the opposite, that you are a bit quick on the trigger on questioning his call, if you get me. Its only Round 6, and its not uncommon for Chapman to play the first 6 or so because breaking down to some degree.

But this is the view held by a jealous non-Chapman owner :p

You could also argue the opposite, that you are a bit quick on the trigger on questioning his call, if you get me. Its only Round 6, and its not uncommon for Chapman to play the first 6 or so because breaking down to some degree.
I know, I lived through it last year. Didn't stop me taking him again this year though as I had the coverage to help alleviate the pain which still made it worthwhile. Bit of a different story this year though with the forward line carnage.

Anyway, enough on Chappy. I just heard there is apparently another bald star from the Cats out this week, details are light at this stage but I don't think it's David Johnson.

This statement is outrageous!

Have a look at Geelong's opponent this week. If Ablett even had the slightest tightness in his hammy i would rest him too.

Well outrageous is probably a bit extreme mate. i didnt get up and say 'OMG ABLETT IS MISSING BECAUSE HIS GOING TO THE GOLD COAST OMG'
Like i said im 99% sure its just a hamstring related injury. Just saying i got a wierd 1% feeling inside it might be somthing more.

Barly call that an outrageous statement...

Agreed
this is the exact reason i never touch either of them!

That is such a dumb idea.

For the one week they get rested, their season average will more than make up for it. Besides which, everyone has Ablett anyway so a one week absence is hardly going to cost you.

I bought both Ablett and Swan (and Chapman) this year and I can tell you which one I'm disappointed with.

Buying Ablett and Chapman is only a risk if you're not sensible enough to structure your squad in such a way that you have decent bench cover. If you don't do that, it's hardly their fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well outrageous is probably a bit extreme mate. i didnt get up and say 'OMG ABLETT IS MISSING BECAUSE HIS GOING TO THE GOLD COAST OMG'
Like i said im 99% sure its just a hamstring related injury. Just saying i got a wierd 1% feeling inside it might be somthing more.

Barly call that an outrageous statement...

Fair call. I am a passionate Geelong supporter, all this media hype is getting to me.

Apologies

Buying Ablett and Chapman is only a risk if you're not sensible enough to structure your squad in such a way that you have decent bench cover. If you don't do that, it's hardly their fault.
Correct. And Chappy was even less of risk this year with his DP status, given that there are now more than just 2 players in my squad who can cover for him.

I J Selwood carrying an injury. 68% Game time av this year and well down on DT cost, dropped a fair bit.... Cheers.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear he is carrying something, as all his numbers seem to be down on last year - it could of course also be the delayed onset of "2nd year blues" as he burst onto the scene and hasn't had a bad year to date...

While it could be absolutely irrelevant, IIRC he injured an ankle or knee in the final NAB Cup match against Freo, but very little was made of it at the time :footy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back