2010 Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

A virtual first year goal sneak? Can someone explain that to me?

23scg2r.jpg

You must be blown away by Todd Banfield then. 21 goals as a real first year goal sneak, not a "virtual" one.

Not really, it is not always about the numbers.

I am sure Yarran would better that if he was number 1 small forward, instead he is behind Betts and has Garlett to help too so the 19 is more impressive.

Not really, it is not always about the numbers.

It certainly seemed to be in your previous post.

I am sure Yarran would better that if he was number 1 small forward, instead he is behind Betts and has Garlett to help too so the 19 is more impressive.

I don't even think the extreme bias and perennial award fixing by Robert Walls will get Yarran into the top 5 this year.

another close to BOG last night would have to see Hurley coming home with a wet sail

was no where near best on ground, was one of essendons best but there were many carlton players ahead of him, Waite, Garlett, Judd, Carazzo to name a few... anyway a good performance and one that will see his odds close i think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fairly uninspiring game from Hannebery.

Had virtually no impact until the 4th quarter in junk time when he got a few possessions.

Good use of the ball when he did get it though, but given his recent form he hasn't done enough to be a clear winner of the award; he's in a pack with Scully, Trengove, Rockliff.

another close to BOG last night would have to see Hurley coming home with a wet sail

Not even close.

Trengove's back this week and a good last 3 games could see him win it. Hannebury has dropped off a bit recently and with Trengove out, this has let Scully catch up. Young Tom was superb against Brisbane.

Three horse race now with Bastinac probably the only strong outside chance.

The 5 contenders are

Hannaberry
Stratton
Scully
Trengove
Yarran - 19 goals for a virtually first year goal sneak is very impressive.

The award always goes to a midfielder, still puzzled how Palmer beat Rioli and Kreuzer in 2008.

Lol dumbest comment I have read in a while. The only reason he didnt play games last year unlike the rest of his draft class was because he was not good enough. 19 goals is not impressive.....he is not even top 10 for the rising star

It’s a disgrace the best player is ineligible for a love tap that didn’t even get him more than 100pts.

The rules must be changed. If you’re eligible for the Brownlow then you should be eligible for the Rising Star.

Try being ineligable after winning the Rising Star AND the Brownlow in seperate years; for similar type incidents like Corey McKernan.

Trengove and Hannebery had fairly similar out puts with Scully certainly having a better game than them so I would have it like this at this stage:

1 - Daniel Hannebery - 85/100
2 - Jack Trengove - 83/100

3 - Tom Scully - 79/100

4 - Ryan Bastinac 75/100

5 - Tom Rockliff 72/100

6 - Ben Reid 65/100

The Rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back