2010 Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeff Garlett anyone?

30 goals in 16 games this season is a fantastic effort.

Does not get anywhere near the outside recognition that some of the other nominees have been getting but he has had an outstanding season.

Probably won't win the award but it would not surprise me to see him finish in the top few.

Key week this week, if one of Hannebery, Trengove or Scully can stand out from the others they may just get a lead which could give them the crown.

Go Hanners!

30 goals in 16 games this season is a fantastic effort.

Does not get anywhere near the outside recognition that some of the other nominees have been getting but he has had an outstanding season.

Probably won't win the award but it would not surprise me to see him finish in the top few.
Ben McKinley kicked 42 in 18 when he was eligible in 2006. Didn't even come close to winning.

Although it was a pretty competitive field that year with Palmer, Rioli, Cotchin, Kreuzer etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious? Scully, Trengove, Martin and Hanners will all be better than Palmer. There are plenty more too.

Talking more about the competition... that year there was also Rioli, Jack, Cotchin, Tippett, Kreuzer, Riewoldt... guess we know bugger all so far though..

I don't think they can catch Hannaberry now folks.

The rest are fighting for silver and bronze.

Yep, agree with that.

You can't hold a second or third year winner in the same esteem as a first year winner.
He has the same amount of pre seasons as Scully, Trengove etc. He just played games last year because we were shit.

I don't think they can catch Hannaberry now folks.

The rest are fighting for silver and bronze.

Yep, agree with that.

You can't hold a second or third year winner in the same esteem as a first year winner.
Which is why Scully's finish to the season is so much more impressive.

Don't forget had his wisdom teeth out out after the mid season break but has really bounced back.

Great game from Hannebery but as mentioned he butchered it a fair bit - Scully may not rack them up as much but he has much more hurt factor - surely that has to count for something instead of just accumulating possessions.

He has the same amount of pre seasons as Scully, Trengove etc. He just played games last year because we were shit.
He has had an extra pre season compared to those 2

Drafted a year earlier.

I'm not sure how you can possibly come to the conclusion that he's had the same number of pre seasons.

Just looking at the stats he had just 1 inside 50 and 1 assist!

Clearly the Dockers weren't concerned about his effectiveness.

I'm not sure how you can possibly come to the conclusion that he's had the same number of pre seasons.
Missed most of it with injury.

ffs why does everyone have to try and put him down after a good performance for a youngster. All these back handed compliments.

I love it how once he has a high possession game he all of sudden becomes an average accumulator yet has averaged less disposals than the other contenders. He is going to be a class player, not an accumulator. Go and watch the Hawthorn game from earlier in the year. He has more class than guys like Palmer did.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back