2010 Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be one of the most even awards since its inception (overrated movie). It looks like it will be a Scully, Trengove and Hannebery top 3 but in what order? I'm not sure. Having Trengove out the last two games doesn't help.

Interesting to see a strong lack of non-Collingwood supporters voting for Ben Reid ;)

No need to talk up Skulls game tonight. 27 possessions says it all. Run, run and carry. Yeah!

Watts and Jordie McKenzie deserve nominations tonight. How do you split them?

OK with all the main contenders having played this weekned this my current leaderboard:

1 - Daniel Hannebery - 85/100
2 - Jack Trengove - 82/100

3 - Tom Scully - 75/100

= 4 - Ryan Bastinac - 68/100
= 4 - Tom Rockliff - 68/100

6 - Ben Reid - 60/100

The Rest

Im the only person who thinks this but trengrove's shit. Martins way better woulda picked him if i was melb. dont know why im so biased against that kid just feel like he's got no x/hurt factor. it would be martin easy (ben cousins all over again) but as we know ineligible.
Hanneberry's possible but not quite talented enough in my opinion.
Rockliff huge possibility and should be.
Scully my favourite absolute gun best no 1 pick in my opinion since riewoldt loved the kid before the draft love him now. (was so pissed eagles didnt get the spoon)

Nic nat dark horse. people have completely forgotten about him coz he's bin quiet lately. was $2 favourite halfway through the year dominates every bounce. Less likely coz of his position and inconsistency. also played every game this year.

My moneys on Brad Sheppard Though yet to be nominated only played half the year but he's pick no.7 need i say more?

OK with all the main contenders having played this weekned this my current leaderboard:

1 - Daniel Hannebery - 85/100
2 - Jack Trengove - 80/100

3 - Tom Scully - 72/100

= 4 - Ryan Bastinac - 65/100
= 4 - Tom Rockliff - 65/100

6 - Ben Reid - 60/100

The Rest

I think that's a pretty good summation. Scully is perhaps a little higher.

Im the only person who thinks this but trengrove's shit.

You're obviously a troll or worse dimwitted.

Trengove has no weaknesses. He's the best mark of all the mids coming through, a fantastic kick off both feet, has superb balance, makes great decisions, is hard at it, and has elite endurance. I also see him as a goal kicking mid.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im the only person who thinks this but trengrove's shit. Martins way better woulda picked him if i was melb. dont know why im so biased against that kid just feel like he's got no x/hurt factor. it would be martin easy (ben cousins all over again) but as we know ineligible.
Hanneberry's possible but not quite talented enough in my opinion.
Rockliff huge possibility and should be.
Scully my favourite absolute gun best no 1 pick in my opinion since riewoldt loved the kid before the draft love him now. (was so pissed eagles didnt get the spoon)

Nic nat dark horse. people have completely forgotten about him coz he's bin quiet lately. was $2 favourite halfway through the year dominates every bounce. Less likely coz of his position and inconsistency. also played every game this year.

My moneys on Brad Sheppard Though yet to be nominated only played half the year but he's pick no.7 need i say more?

BOLD = FAIL

shipment.jpg

Thomas the Tank Engine will "choo choo" home to win it imo.

Also, McKenzie and Watts have given the AFL the perfect opportunity to not chose Hurley for the nom this week. I don't think they want him as a contender at all...

The 5 contenders are

Hannaberry
Stratton
Scully
Trengove
Yarran - 19 goals for a virtually first year goal sneak is very impressive.

The award always goes to a midfielder, still puzzled how Palmer beat Rioli and Kreuzer in 2008.

Another vanilla game from Hannebery on the weekend. His performances haven't exactly been deserving of the award, especially considering he's a second year player and Scully/Trengove have both come in with no pre seasons.

Scully's finish to the season so far has been exceptional - he is no vanilla midfielder.

At this stage:

Scully > Rockliff > Trengove > Hannebery.

Typically because Rockliff doesn't play in Melbourne he gets no attention, but he's proven his fool of a coach wrong with his performances so far. DT'ers watched as the idiot left him out of the side while other hacks continued to get games.

Another vanilla game from Hannebery on the weekend. His performances haven't exactly been deserving of the award, especially considering he's a second year player and Scully/Trengove have both come in with no pre seasons.

Scully's finish to the season so far has been exceptional - he is no vanilla midfielder.

At this stage:

Scully > Rockliff > Trengove > Hannebery.

Typically because Rockliff doesn't play in Melbourne he gets no attention, but he's proven his fool of a coach wrong with his performances so far. DT'ers watched as the idiot left him out of the side while other hacks continued to get games.
:mad:

The 5 contenders are

Hannaberry
Stratton
Scully
Trengove
Yarran - 19 goals for a virtually first year goal sneak is very impressive.

You must be blown away by Todd Banfield then. 21 goals as a real first year goal sneak, not a "virtual" one.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back