2010 - Rounds 17-22 Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 19 trades

hey guys i've got 1 trade left and gotta get Hurn out of my team. Im in the finals and was thinking of bringinng in Harry O'Brien. What do you all think? Who would you bring in for Hurn? Trading Hurn gives me $341,600. Cheers

Lol. Turn the power off! :eek:

Although, iirc you were thinking of bringing in Roo and that's pretty tempting. But imo if your going for a league win and your bench cover isn't solid in all areas then maybe keep the trade for a LTI.

However if your playing in a must win elim final this week then your better off just throwing everying you've got at it and making an upgrade to Roo.

bomber - yeah it was gonna be roo or JB, but ive now discovered sylvia, replacing pods. my game is a QF. my problem - whether my rival was gonna beat me anyway, so its the last trade wasted, or i was gonna win with pods anyway, so again a wasted trade. i beat him last time, but he has traded 10+ times since, to my 4.

vastly different line up im facing this time.

Ok need some last minute help.. What do y'all think is the better of these..

Either Gilbert, Waters or Kennelly traded for either Lake or Kelly in defence?

or

Either Betts or ROK to Didak down forward?

Can only do one trade this week, leaving me with a couple.

Cheers.

Round 19 -

Trades used: 2
Trades left: 0

lol no guts, no glory...no brains perhaps.

In: Broughton, Jolly
Out: Goodwin, Sandi

My thinking is if Sandi misses next week i'll be no better off for not trading him (ie. 2 donuts i can't cover). Logical, illogical, eh, this season's a write off anyway.

SC gods shine down on thee :D

bomber - yeah it was gonna be roo or JB, but ive now discovered sylvia, replacing pods. my game is a QF. my problem - whether my rival was gonna beat me anyway, so its the last trade wasted, or i was gonna win with pods anyway, so again a wasted trade. i beat him last time, but he has traded 10+ times since, to my 4.

vastly different line up im facing this time.

and after all the BS, all the to & fro, he's done his final trade.

OUT PODS, IN B.HARVEY. even easier draw, especially this week vs a depleted freo.

lets roll that dice.

Hello everyone

Ive moved my team around using MPP to try and utilise my bench more effectively and I also traded Dangerfield to Riewoldt.

Here is my team:

Hodge Goddard Malceski Enright Fisher Waters Shaw (Webberly & Davis)
Swan Ablett Montagna Cooney Judd ROK (Martin & Gysberts)
Hille Warnock (Sandilands & Lobbe)
Pavlich Goodes Franklin Pods Brown Tippett Riewoldt (Rohan & Gumbleton)

Just wanted some feedback on weather or not I should

• Put ROK in forward line, Tippett in ruck and have martin on field (no mid or fwd cover)
  • Bench Pods (regardless of what Kelly said on TFS) and put ROK forward
  • Trade Gumbleton to TDL or some other cheapie and make that person an emerg.
:eek:
I think Martin is more likely to outscore Warnock so i'd run with that. Pods imo is still a likely out, regardless of what was said last night.

Think i'll just sit on my final trade this week.

Very tempted to trade Neon Leon into my mids for Gysberts as cover. But I don't think any of my mids will be a late withdrawal, so i'll just hold off for now. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week I traded Pods for Roo, very happy with this. I've got 1 trade left with $130k left over, very handy to make a final upgrade.

Round 20 - Trades

May as well start this thread now.

5 trades remaining I will probably:

Downgrade Gumbleton to someone like Hicks (indecisive this week)
Trade Waters to a premium (most likely Lake)

Depending on who is named what trades will you make?

Re: Round 20 trades

Can you sacrifice dead bench players for trades?
NO
Awwwww no trades then

Can you sacrifice dead bench players for trades?
NO
Awwwww no trades then

You have dead players on your bench? Why'd you pick Troy Broadbridge then? :cool:

(Too soon?)

Too Soon?
I ment Gumby, Playfair, Jizzberts and Heath there all dead to me

Bit of depressing mood boys... All this talk of dead players. How bout we talk about Trent Dennis Lane? Or Ellard? Some pretty good downgrades I would have thought. Not that many people have the trades to do so.

With 2 trades and $158200 left it'll all depends on if I get the week off or not. Here's my team...

DEF: Hodge, Goddard, Malceski, Duffield, Enright, Gilbert, Kennelly (Webberly, Roberton)
MID: Swan, Ablett, Selwood, Montagna, Simpson, Judd (Martin, JKT)
RUC: Sandi, Cox (Skipper, Grimley)
FWD: Pavlich, Roo, Goodes, ROK, Brown, PODs, Rockliff (Rioli, Fyfe)

Anyone have any ideas if: a) I get the week off or b)I have to play??

My initial thinking is something like:

Week off: this or next week upgrade a DEF & FWD
Play next week: If Sandi & skipper don't play then trade Skipper to someone playing as cover. Then an upgrade somewhere??? :confused:

Not a bad question GtG
A) Would upgrade Kennelly or Pods
B) Would upgrade Skipper if not named

With A it doesnt matter if Sandi or Skipper dont play as you dont need to make up a winning score and it gives sandi two weeks to get back

If Neither Sandi or Skipper are not named and you need to win upgrade Skipper to the best possible player with as little cash as possible. I think Mishy McIntosh is cheap

Cheers Russea, I ended up winning so have the week off (*Phew).

Yeah, like your thinking there mate... Pods is basically hopeless away so reckon he'd be the priority trade bait. Am now thinking (as Rioli will be back) just to sit tight and see how my eventual opponents go & then I'm able to compare teams. Plus trades could be pretty handy come the GF I reckon.

Using my last couple trades this week. Didnt do Pods to Roo last week and it cost me my final, so now gotta do it the long way.

OUT: Pods & Byrnes
IN: Riewoldt & Chappy

DEF: Hodge, Goddard, Lake, Enright, Malceski, Broughton, Carazzo

MID: Ablett, Selwood, Judd, Cooney, M.Murphy, Mitchell

RUC: Sandi, Warnock

FWD: Pavlich, Roo, Goodes, ROK, Brown, PODs, Gia

Only 2 trades left $178 K in the kitty.

Here is my conumdrum. I've just lost my 1st final so have to front up next week. My initial plan was to use remaining trades on Carrots and POD but I have concluded the only way I could lose next week is the Swan factor. My opponent has him and will be skipper next week against Essendon. This will mean he will score huge. I have him covered in all other areas but this worries me.

It is stupid to burn a trade on say Selwood > Swan just to assure myself of progressing or should I take a punt on my skipper getting close enough to Swan?

It will be ultra tight but I could probably manage Selwood > Swan & POD > Didak. Swan and Didak will both tear it up next week. Chappy the other obvious option.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back