2010 - Rounds 17-22 Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 20 trades

Can I get peoples opinion on pods job security? He was pretty bad on Saturday, however he was the only one out of the big three ( pods Hawkins and mooney) to score a goal! Can't see them getting rid of mooney, and hawkins' rucking ability might keep him in the team

Pods should be ok. While his form has dropped it's still far ahead of Hawkins form, so while Blake stays out of favour he doesn't have much to worry about. Doesn't stop "resting" though (same goes for most of our players I spose).

I have a week off, so I don't need to trade this week, but for my Prelim next week I'm thinking Gumby -> Pavlich and put Higgins on the bench as cover.

Or should I upgrade Higgins to an expensive forward and take the risk of no bench cover?

Mate Gumby is a gun keep him! Easily in the bombers best few players :) Higgins to Kyle Reimers i reckon, you can never have too many dons in your team....

I've still got Barlow on my bench for my last trade. I can get anyone except the big 2 :(

Do I go for Didak now in case he goes way up, or do I save it and hope Selwood drops or Didak doesn't move in price?

I'm into the Prelims in all my important leagues, if that helps. :(

I've still got Barlow on my bench for my last trade. I can get anyone except the big 2 :(

Do I go for Didak now in case he goes way up, or do I save it and hope Selwood drops or Didak doesn't move in price?

I'm into the Prelims in all my important leagues, if that helps. :(

Don't delay a trade for the sake of delaying a trade if it means you miss the player you want. You want your best team in a prelim final even if it means you have to move a week early.

Need some opinions on my dilema.

I have one trade left and have planned for a long time to use it to upgrade Hunt.
I have $143,200 and am considering going for Newman. I'm in the prelim in all 3 leagues but if I don't do it this week I'm afraid he might go out of my budget if he has another decent week. Rest of my DEF is Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Gilbee, Gilbert, Waite.
But then I thought that might only get me an extra 20 points average. can I get more elsewhere?
Then looked at Rockliff. He has done a fantastic job so far, but I have enough to bring in Didak who is getting 30-50 more per game at the moment, 80 more on the weekend. Rest of my FWD are Chapman, Goodes, ROK, Pavlich, Reiwoldt, Rioli.
For that trade I have about $25k buffer to resist price changes this week and save it for the prelim. Although Didak's BE is only 73, while Rockliffs is 101.
Looking at that now, I'm not sure $25k will be enough to hold off a week. Might have to do that this week also.
I have reasonable cover on all lines if I do use up my last trade this week.

So..
Hunt to Newman?
or
Rockliff to Didak?

into the prelim and have 2 trades + $180k. Want to upgrade Pods to Riewoldt and may to do it this week as Roo is going up again and Pods might go down. Does anyone see St.Kilda playing against Crows in Adelaide Rd. 22 as a question mark i.e. could be a tough match for them? I already have 3 saints players.

Hi guys, would love some help with my decision.

All bets are off as i lost my first final in all three of my leagues. Going to use my last two trades this week and hope for the best.

Am most likely going to trade out Hunt and Rioli. This will give me $1,081,000 to play with.

I'm choosing between either Lake and Harvey or Boughton and Didak. What's the best combo out of them?

Don't have any trades so I will ask another question.

Who to start out of these donkeys?

B- Goddard, Hodge, Enright, H.Shaw - last 3 spots to be chosen from -

Strijk
Waters
Gilbee
Malcheski

Don't laugh cause I'm seriously thinking of starting Strijk after his 117 over Gilbee who has done nothing but p1ss me off since I bought him a few weeks ago. No scores over 100 whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Franklin, Brown, Chapman, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Goodes - last spot to be chosen from -

Podsliady
Hitchy

Pods playing Bulldogs and out of form while Hitchy has been doing ok in recent weeks and is at home to West Coast.

Opponent has both Gilbee and Pods so I am trying to look for an edge. :eek:

Strijk
Waters
Gilbee
Malcheski

Don't laugh cause I'm seriously thinking of starting Strijk after his 117 over Gilbee who has done nothing but p1ss me off since I bought him a few weeks ago. No scores over 100 whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Franklin, Brown, Chapman, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Goodes - last spot to be chosen from -

Podsliady
Hitchy

Pods playing Bulldogs and out of form while Hitchy has been doing ok in recent weeks and is at home to West Coast.

in defence i would go with malceski, waters and gilbee based on there yearly averages as they are more likely to pull out bigger scores. Up forward i would go with Hitchy cos pods looks out of sorts against the higher teams and struggles to make an impact.

Hi guys, would love some help with my decision.

All bets are off as i lost my first final in all three of my leagues. Going to use my last two trades this week and hope for the best.

Am most likely going to trade out Hunt and Rioli. This will give me $1,081,000 to play with.

I'm choosing between either Lake and Harvey or Boughton and Didak. What's the best combo out of them?
Lake and Harvey have a higher ppg average then the other two, however not as many teams have broughton and didak which could differentiate your team and help you potential move up in the overall rankings. I'd go with broughton and didak because they are consistent and not as many teams have them selected.

Or you could lend me some of that $1 mil for my last 2 trades. ;)

Hey guys. I'm playing the fav in out league this week, we only have 4 players dif. He has lake, swan, nicnat/warnock and chappy, I have shaw, selwood, jolly and pods. I will need a lot of luck. I have 3 trades, I'm thinking pods to hicks, mpp him to midfield and use 441k to get someone there. That would leave me 1 trade and cover in all positions. Just not sure who to get. I'm a bit wary of trading pods out cuz he might have a blinder grand final week.

Strijk
Waters
Gilbee
Malcheski

Podsliady
Hitchy

Just trade in Blair...it will fix all your problems :D:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no trades, destined for a showdown with minimal bench cover - it could be ugly.

in melbourne currently a nasty chest cold going around (ive got it now) that lasts a full week - a number of bulldogs players have it - can we expect wholesale changes to their team this week ?

maybe other teams will be struck down too - could make it fun - NOT.

leave all trades til after 5pm friday folks - and even then you might get hit.

Need some opinions on my dilema.

I have one trade left and have planned for a long time to use it to upgrade Hunt.
I have $143,200 and am considering going for Newman. I'm in the prelim in all 3 leagues but if I don't do it this week I'm afraid he might go out of my budget if he has another decent week. Rest of my DEF is Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Gilbee, Gilbert, Waite.
But then I thought that might only get me an extra 20 points average. can I get more elsewhere?
Then looked at Rockliff. He has done a fantastic job so far, but I have enough to bring in Didak who is getting 30-50 more per game at the moment, 80 more on the weekend. Rest of my FWD are Chapman, Goodes, ROK, Pavlich, Reiwoldt, Rioli.
For that trade I have about $25k buffer to resist price changes this week and save it for the prelim. Although Didak's BE is only 73, while Rockliffs is 101.
Looking at that now, I'm not sure $25k will be enough to hold off a week. Might have to do that this week also.
I have reasonable cover on all lines if I do use up my last trade this week.

So..
Hunt to Newman?
or
Rockliff to Didak?

So any opinions? I'm starting to lean towards Didak..

I am in deep sh*t! It looks like cooney could be out (along with a bunch of wb players of which I have 4) with a virus and brown is in doubt. Its a must win game for me and I'm playing against my Dad!

I have two trades left and $81 600, I was planning on using them on one last downgrade/upgrade of hall or brown...but I may have to use both on straight swaps now...

My opinion is wait as late as you can before making trades 5-6pm Friday, if you have decent backup on the bench you may not have to worry too much, but remember its knock out from here on in & you don't want to get beaten with trades left over thinking what if...

Cooney, Murphy, Morris, Gilbee & Moles didn't train and Eade said 2 or 3 of those will be fine to play which 2? who knows?

I'm playing against my Dad!
if you have all of the above however this will be the preview of your game

spanking-kidsjpg-e8ceb7b4d2b86d0e_large1262878793.jpg

if you have all of the above however this will be the preview of your game

spanking-kidsjpg-e8ceb7b4d2b86d0e_large1262878793.jpg

LOL, thanks! Very comforting. I have cooney and gilbee, I also have hargrave who is also apparently pretty sick. Good advice though, I'll wait til the last minute and use the trades if I have to. At least I wont die wondering.

Im wondering what player is best to get for Harbrow in DEF and ive got bout 20 grand in the bank.

Should i trade Luke Ball for Lenny Hayes or NDS?

It'd be Hayes for me. I still have nightmares about a final last year when NDS scored 46 in round 21 last year to cost me my league game. Hayes is as reliable as the day is long, NDS can't handle a tag occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back