2010 - Rounds 19-22 Preview, Scores & In-Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2008
This post
AFL Club
Richmond
Okay people, this is it!! SuperCoach finals are upon us, and whether you're top of the table, happily sitting in a top four spot or just scraped in to the eight, hopefully this week's chock-a-block Preview can help you win on the weekend.

Now, given that I've ceased with the Reviews, I've decided to throw a couple of extra sections such as the 'Captain's Corner Review' & 'Who's in form?' into the Preview.

• Fixture & Teams
  • Key INs & OUTs
  • Captain's Corner (R18 Review & R19 Predicitons)
  • Who's In Form?
  • Op Shop
  • New Kids on the Block
  • Talking Points
  • Video of the Week
So let's get into it!! :D

FIXTURE

Friday August 6
Essendon v Carlton (MCG) @ 7:40pm

Saturday August 7
Sydney v Hawthorn (SCG) @ 2:10pm
Kangaroos v Fremantle (Etihad) @ 2:10pm
Geelong v Collingwood (MCG) @ 7:10pm
West Coast v Brisbane (Subiaco) @ 5:40pm

Sunday August 8
St Kilda v Port Adelaide (Etihad) @ 1:10pm
Melbourne v Richmond (MCG) @ 2:10pm
Adelaide v Bulldogs (AAMI) @ 4:10pm

TEAMS

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/99696/default.aspx

News:

'Carlton coach Brett Ratten declares Chris Judd a certainty to play Bombers'

Hurn return possible: Worsfold

Sandilands ruled out for Dockers

Bartel and Shaw in, but no Pods

KEY INs & OUTs

INs: Winderlich, Dennis-Lane, Grima, Bradley, Roberton, Bartel, Shaw & Maguire
OUTs: Gumby, Skipper, Rioli, Sandilands, Ballantyne, Blair, MACkenzie :)p) & Fev.
New: Davies (CARL)

Sunday Games

INs: Trengove, Johncock
OUTs: Dangerfield

CAPTAIN'S CORNER

Round 18 Review

Reasonably happy with my selections from last week (bar Sandi), as always, I try and look after you blokes :D I ended up going Swan (c) and Goddard (vc) so pretty happy.

1. Brendan Goddard - 133
2. Dane Swan - 152
3. Brian Lake - 114
4. Gary Ablett - 135
5. Aaron Sandilands - 58
Smokie: Brad Green - 100

Round 19 Prediction

Now on to this week.....

0,5001,6572583,00.jpg

1. Dane Swan
Average vs Geelong since start of 2008: 110
Average over the last five rounds (2010): 155
Average at MCG (2010): 131

I know he's playing Geelong this week. I know it'll be the Pies' biggest test of the year, I know the winner will go on to win the GF ;). But I just can't go past him. I've had him as skipper the last two weeks and he's rewarded me, with 190 & 152. His last three scores against the Cats in the Home and Away season have been 106, 116 & 109, which isn't mind-blowing, but you can't deny the man with the coloured arms is in form, averagining 155 over the past five weeks, and 131 at the MCG this year. You'd think the only thing between Swan and a 130+ score is the red-hed in the photo above, but the Great Dane has been untaggable this year.

goodesyrdcol246a.jpg

2. Adam Goodes
Average vs opponent since start of 2008: 148
Average over the last five rounds (2010): 125
Average at SCG (2010): 101

Talk about a guy who's in form!!! :eek: A month ago, I wouldn't have put the dual Brownlow medalist anywhere near this section of the Preview, but you can't ignore his last month where he's scored 120, 141, 121 & 173. Add to that, the man has posted some massive scores against the Hawks in recent times including a 166 & 183 last year and a 135 in 2008. In form and likes playing against the Hawks, which puts him at #2 in this list.

GALL_GEEL_SS10_wideweb__470x330,0.jpg

3. Gary Ablett
Average vs opponent since start of 2008: 129
Average over the last five rounds (2010): 108
Average at MCG (2010): 128

Regaining SC form at the right end of the year. Absolutely crazy to think that he's dropped over $200,000 since the start of the year, but still averages 129. Loves playing at the home of footy, loves playing against the Pies and perhaps most importantly, loves the big stage. If you're asking me, champion players are champions because they perform when it matters, and I reckon you can slot this game into that category.

691250-leigh-montagna.jpg

4. Leigh Montagna
Average vs opponent since start of 2008: 117
Average over the last five rounds (2010): 111
Average at Etihad (2010): 115

Has been a little 'off' the last couple weeks (102 & 49), but has a great record against the Power, with no sub-100 scores against Matty Primus' men since the start of 2008, including a 140 against them in Round 5 this year. Has shown us this year that he doesn't have two quiet games in a row :confused: so surely set for a big one.

492439-daniel-cross.jpg

5. Daniel Cross
Average vs opponent since start of 2008: 110
Average over the last five rounds (2010): 115
Average at AAMI (2010): Has not played at AAMI in 2010

The Dogs are in form, and so is this man. Had him last year and was happy with his 85-110 performances, but this year he's taken it to a new level, with eight scores over 120. His previous performances against the Crows include 110, 117 & 122.

and to round out the top 9 (plus two smokies):

6. Paul Chapman
Average vs opponent since start of 2008: 137
Average over the last five rounds (2010): 106
Average at MCG (2010): 113

7. Scott Pendlebury
Average vs opponent since start of 2008: 111
Average over the last five rounds (2010): 119
Average at Venue (2010): 109

8. Andrew Swallow
Average vs opponent since start of 2008: 108
Average over the last five rounds (2010): 112
Average at Venue (2010): 116

9. Brendan Goddard
Average vs opponent since start of 2008: 84
Average over the last five rounds (2010): 117
Average at Venue (2010): 132

Smokie #1
Brett Deledio
Average vs opponent since start of 2008: 112
Average over the last five rounds (2010): 107
Average at Venue (2010): 101

Smokie #2
Colin Syliva
(playing his 100th game)
Average vs opponent since start of 2008: 94
Average over the last five rounds (2010): 106
Average at Venue (2010): 91

WHO'S IN-FORM?

Defenders
Brian Lake - 2010 Ave: 111, 5RA: 133 (Last five scores: 114, 118, 114, 162 & 156)
James Kelly - 2010 Ave: 102, 6RA: 124 (Last six scores: 130, 130, 109, 113, 109 & 151)
Darren Milburn - 2010 Ave: 96, 3RA: 126 (Last three scores: 140, 145 & 93)
Scott Stevens - 2010 Ave: 75, 4RA: 109 (Last four scores: 112, 106, 111 & 106)
Michael Johnson - 2010 Ave: 76, 3RA: 121 (Last three scores: 113, 95 & 151)

Midfielders
Dane Swan - 2010 Ave: 129, 5RA: 155 (Last five scores: 152, 190, 145, 127 & 163)
Joel Selwood - 2010 Ave: 118, 6RA: 135 (Last six scores: 102, 175, 144, 144, 118 & 129)
Scott Pendlebury - 2010 Ave: 111, 5RA: 119 (Last five scores 139, 84, 106, 125 & 139)
Daniel Cross - 2010 Ave: 114, 3RA: 125 (Last three scores: 126, 111 & 138)
Matthew Boyd - 2010 Ave: 112, 5RA: 121 (Last five scores: 110, 93, 130, 140 & 134)
Brad Sewell - 2010 Ave: 95, 3RA: 129 (Last three scores: 128, 127 & 132)

Forwards
Adam Goodes - 2010 Ave: 94, 4RA: 139 (Last four scores: 120, 141, 121 & 173)
Alan Didak - 2010 Ave: 104, 3RA: 127 (Last three scores: 136, 141 & 104)
Colin Sylvia - 2010 Ave: 89, 4RA: 114 (Last four scores: 133, 117, 80 & 125)
Justin Westhoff - 2010 Ave: 76, 2RA: 131 (Last two scores: 133 & 128)

OP SHOP

Defenders
The usual suspects are all here (feel like I'm repeating myself :eek:):

Corey Enright - $346,300 (B/E 80)
Hardly an impressive month by his standards with 38, 45, 59 & 73, but has copped a forward tag for the last few weeks. He's in a third of SC teams, so a lot are going through this dip. Can he turn it around?

Greg Broughton - $459,100 (B/E 73)
Looking for a unique final unpgrade to your backline? The man I dubbed the 'Marc Murphy of the backline' last week is only in 1.53% of teams. I've sung his praises a lot on this forum, and although he's missed a few games this year, very rarely does he put in a poor game. If you've got the trades, GET HIM IN!!

Paul Duffield - $455,300 (B/E 104)
Has probably popped up the most in this section, but I just love this Freo bloke for value. Averaging 94.39 at that price?!! Another good pick.

Midfielders

Gary Ablett - $538,100 (B/E 50)
Has been this affordable since I don't know when. With such an achieveable breakeven, now could be the time to jump on (Although if you haven't had him all year, you've been kidding yourself).

Chris Judd - $529,200 (B/E 129)
Will drop more if he doesn't meet his BE, but would be a great last midfield upgrade if you're looking for one. His record speaks for itself.

Jimmy Bartel - $502,700 (B/E 163)
Could probably afford to wait a week, with such a high breakeven, but if you're happy to assume he had his 'rest' last week, he could fire against the Pies, and for the rest of the year, when others get rested.

Brad Sewell - $498,200 (B/E 50)
Low breakeven CHECK, plays for an in-form team CHECK, affordable CHECK, reacted well after his near-dropping scare to average 129 over the past three weeks CHECK, Proven SC form CHECK. Smells like a great 6th mid option :D

Rucks

Patrick Ryder - $390,000 (B/E 57)
Coming off back-to-back scores of 90+, Sandi missing this week (maybe more), could be a masterstroke. Personally, I'll be waiting to Sandi.

Forwards

Steve Johnson - $436,900 (B/E 48)
In-form with six straight against the Swans last week. Erratic, but could be the difference between winning and losing you a GF.

Nick Riewoldt - $438,000 (B/E 56)
Many jumped on last week, but it's still not too late if you want to this week, if you're convinced that is...

Matthew Pavlich - $426,800 (B/E 69)
Record speaks for itself, plays the Kangas this week. Sorry, that's all I've got for you...I've been typing for a while....

NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK

Midfielders
Ryan Harwood (BRIS) - $94,200 (Ave. 76)
Jesse Crichton (FREO) - $94,200 (Ave. 71)
Kyle Hardingham (ESS) - $104,200 (Ave. 63)
Jamie MacMillian (KANG) - $94,200 (Ave. 36)

Forwards
David Ellard (CARL) - $94,200 (Ave. 52)
Trent Dennis-Lane (SYD) - $94,200 (Ave. 41)

VIDEO OF THE WEEK

In light of Alan Didak's effort against the Blues on the weekend:

[youtube]cU5eqii59qg[/youtube]

I thought the 'Torpedo Punt' should get a go this week, so here are some of the better ones on YouTube:

[youtube]2OMxe-_fstk[/youtube]

[youtube]Jme9aV6A-eA[/youtube]

[youtube]R0Ct1eNANdQ[/youtube]

[youtube]1uFZWBb2uh4[/youtube]

[youtube]E1vU567O1I8[/youtube]

[youtube]BU2zKYgYwgM[/youtube]

Ben Graham's attempt (20 seconds in - brilliant commentary by BT)
[youtube]mDKh4qAilmw[/youtube]

This one's not to bad either:

[youtube]z41y00Hd7yE[/youtube]

LET'S BRING IT BACK PEOPLE!!! :D

Good luck to everyone in their finals matches this week!

Re: Round 19 Preview, Scores & In-Game Discussion

Stokesy's Snorters Round 19 Team (read from left to right with the last guy in each line on the bench)

B: Luke Hodge, Brendon Goddard (C), Nick Malceski
HB: Corey Enright, Sam Fisher, Beau Waters
C: Joel Selwood, Leigh Montagna, Nick Dal Santo
HF: Matthew Pavlich, Adam Goodes, Ryan O'Keefe
F: Barry Hall, James Podsiadly, Robert Murphy
R: Dean Cox, Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan (VC)
INT: Heath Shaw, Kade Simpson, Robert Warnock, Nick Riewoldt

EMG: Jeromey Webberley, Jack Watts, Jordan Gysberts

In: Heath Shaw, Robert Warnock, James Podsaidly, Nick Riewoldt
Out: Jeromey Webberley, Aaron Sandilands (foot), Jack Watts, Cyril Rioli (suspended/traded)

New: Robert Warnock (Carlton)

Four changes have been made to the Stokesy's Snorters team that scored 2,142 last week. Heath Shaw, after a full recovery from a back injury, has come back into the side at the expense of youngster Jeromey Webberley, whose modest score of 56 was not enough to keep his spot in the side. Aaron Sandilands, best on ground in Fremantle's match against West Coast last week, has come down with a foot injury with in form Carlton ruckman Robert Warnock coming in for his first game for the season. Robert Warnock, formerly from Fremantle, has had bad luck at Carlton this year but his run of good form has coincided with Sandiland's injury meaning that Warnock, during Supercoach crunch time, has been given the chance to prove his worth in the Stokesy's Snorters squad.

James Podsiadly, despite not being named in the starting 22 for Geelong, has been named in the side over Jack Watts who scored 81 last week. Watts has been put on notice as a emergency and is expecting to play but Podsiadly may get a lucky break late in the match if Geelong decide to make a late change. In the final change of the week, Cyril Rioli has been traded out for Nick Riewoldt after Rioli recieved a two week suspension for striking. Riewoldt, a former member of the Stokesy's Snorters team, has been in good form in the AFL in the last two weeks with this week being Riewoldt's lucky break to come back into the side. While Riewoldt has not been given the captaincy after scoring 25 and getting injured the last time he wore it, his presence in the team will be more than helpful in the first week of finals.

Brendon Goddard, despite having a less than stellar record against Port Adelaide, has retained the captaincy after a good effort last week. Dane Swan, being the form player of the league, has been given the vice captaincy.

tl:dr? I understand, I was just bored, nothing better to do so I thought this would be fun. Enjoy!

Thought he would, too good a player to leave out, but you never, ever know with these sorts of things. I'm tipping Chapman or Lonergan will go out for him.

The thing is, who do I bench/emg out of

Pav, Didak, Riewoldt, Buddy, Rockliff, ROK, Brown, jPOD & Watts ? :confused::(

At the moment I'm think Brown, despite his reasonable record vs West Coast, and Watts.

Is anyone worried about having too many Cats/Pies players in this game? There is only so many points to share around. Tops sides could have any of Ablett, Selwood, Enright, Chappy, PODS, Kelly, Swan, Jolly, Shaw, Pendles, Didak.........

I've got 5 in Ablett, Selwood, Enright, Shaw & Jolly.

Who's got the most?

The thing is, who do I bench/emg out of

Pav, Didak, Riewoldt, Buddy, Rockliff, ROK, Brown, jPOD & Watts ? :confused::(

At the moment I'm think Brown, despite his reasonable record vs West Coast, and Watts.

Surely Watts would be first. Second... I'd probably opt for Pods. Brown's up against WCE with no defenders and ROK isn't against the Pies.

Is anyone worried about having too many Cats/Pies players in this game? There is only so many points to share around. Tops sides could have any of Ablett, Selwood, Enright, Chappy, PODS, Kelly, Swan, Jolly, Shaw, Pendles, Didak.........

I've got 5 in Ablett, Selwood, Enright, Shaw & Jolly.

Who's got the most?

8 - pendlebury shaw bartel selwood kelly hunt chapman podsiadly.
i will add ablett today makes it 9.
probably sack pods today - but contemplating saving that trade.

9 too many ? LOL

only so many points to share around, but you are talking about 2 sides that generally are quality disposes of the ball, great tacklers, and the cats shared 500+ only a few weeks ago.

if its a close game, dont be surprised to see some hiogh scoring goals thru individual efforts from both sides.

anyone know the record for highest points from a game from the 2 teams combined ? im assuming its one of those low scoring affairs with the saints at etihad ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only so many points to share around, but you are talking about 2 sides that generally are quality disposes of the ball, great tacklers, and the cats shared 500+ only a few weeks ago.

if its a close game, dont be surprised to see some hiogh scoring goals thru individual efforts from both sides.

anyone know the record for highest points from a game from the 2 teams combined ? im assuming its one of those low scoring affairs with the saints at etihad ?

I'd say it's around 3300 ;)

I only have 5.

Bloody nora there is no point in trading this week.
I can't draw a line through the form of my opponent.

Although I have been scoring more than him(just) we only have 5 players the same :eek:

Have used my last trade up. Pulled up the stumps.

Whatever will be will be

Still can't decide who to start out of Fyfe and Johnno Brown..decisions decisions..

Still can't decide who to start out of Fyfe and Johnno Brown..decisions decisions..

Brisbane has fewer avenues to goal with Fev out

Fyfe may play closer to goal with Balla out, although I give North a chance now , Freos outs this week are biggies so to speak

Brisbane has fewer avenues to goal with Fev out

Fyfe may play closer to goal with Balla out, although I give North a chance now , Freos outs this week are biggies so to speak

So does that mean Brown is going to get tripled teamed? Fyfe named in the middle but yeah, I agree, he'll probably play in the forward line thanks to Balla out.

Still doesn't help me decide though :p Toss a coin maybe? :confused:

So does that mean Brown is going to get tripled teamed? Fyfe named in the middle but yeah, I agree, he'll probably play in the forward line thanks to Balla out.

Still doesn't help me decide though :p Toss a coin maybe? :confused:
sorry to confuse you more:confused:

wce backs are not the quality of glass

good luck:p

Tonight:
Murphy
Watson
Warnock

Hoping for around 300 there. Will take anything over 270.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back