2010 Soccer World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Am really liking Argentina to win outright.. they look like they enjoy playing as a side and have a real good chemistry... ether that or a real easy group :D

yep agree with ya adii, its been full of surprises this world cup, too bad australia hasnt provided anything yet, but argentina watching them the other night v nigeria, they are crazy messi couldve had 10 alredy if hed been accurate

I'm bored as shit and the g/f is in bed so i'm going to chuck the last $324 i have in my sportingbet accopunt on Brazil. At least it'll keep me entertained for the next couple of hours.

Go Brazil :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

brave man ron.

should of put it all on south africa @ 3's .. france didn't train .

What happens if in Group F Italy and Slovakia draw say 1-1 and New Zealand and Paraguay draw 1-1 as well. Would leave the final standings as:

Paraguay: 5 points
Italy: 3 points
New Zealand: 3 points
Slovakia: 2 points

Who would go through out of Italy and New Zealand given they would have exactly the same goal difference(1-1 in all their 3 games)?

Yeh I've always wondered wat happens if every game in the group ends up 1-1 draws... Would leave the ladder with all teams on exact same pts n exact goal diff ect

if all teams have the exact same points, it then goes to goal difference. if that is equal, it then goes to goals scored for ... and then the result between the two individual teams. if it is still equal, it is literally drawn out of a hat.

i.e. if Australia win 2-0, and Germany beat Ghana 4-1 ... it will come down to the toss of a coin whether we qualify or not

Yeh I've always wondered wat happens if every game in the group ends up 1-1 draws... Would leave the ladder with all teams on exact same pts n exact goal diff ect

Would be interesting wouldn't it?
I reckon it might be sorted by:
Playing extra time in the last match of the group meetings, until 2 eventual winners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After some great success last night (thankyou Brazil and Paraguay) I can only see the one standout bet for tonight, and that is Chile.

Chile, are a similar side to Paraguay, in that they move the ball around so well, and I can see the Swiss going defensive here, which will play into Chile's game style.

The 2.30 on offer looks massive value for me.

Chile - WIN @ 2.30.:)

Would be interesting wouldn't it?
I reckon it might be sorted by:
Playing extra time in the last match of the group meetings, until 2 eventual winners.
We were laughing about this possibility at the pub on friday night. The answer is that they will draw lots!

How would you like your World Cup fortunes decided by, effectively, the toss of a coin? Makes penalty shoot-outs look good. :eek:

Wow corners??? Interesting, doubt it would ever happen but it would make things interesting... I'm still waiting for the day where we get every team on the afl ladder to finish 11 wins 11 losses for the year lol

not corners, like i said - it is drawn from a lot

After some great success last night (thankyou Brazil and Paraguay) I can only see the one standout bet for tonight, and that is Chile.

Chile, are a similar side to Paraguay, in that they move the ball around so well, and I can see the Swiss going defensive here, which will play into Chile's game style.

The 2.30 on offer looks massive value for me.

Chile - WIN @ 2.30.:)

Keep it to small stakes. Spain have more firepower than Chile and they couldn't get past the Swiss. Your theory about the Swiss defending might be right given they have the vital win on the board already. I feel the draw is the likeliest outcome.

Spain to beat Honduras by at least 2 goals looks good to me. Honduras are dreadful and will be taken apart like a BBQ chicken.

I'm thinking I'll have a multi of Switzerland LAY/Spain WIN at around $1.50.

Keep it to small stakes. Spain have more firepower than Chile and they couldn't get past the Swiss. Your theory about the Swiss defending might be right given they have the vital win on the board already. I feel the draw is the likeliest outcome.

Mate, Spain were there own worst enemy against Switzerland, they had 24 shots compared to Switzerlands 8. They were rusty and lucky not to have score at least 3 goals.
I expect a 2-0/3-0 victory for Spain tonight. I reckon Chile will beat Swiss 1-0, if not a draw. Can't see Switzerland getting lucky again.

Mate, Spain were there own worst enemy against Switzerland, they had 24 shots compared to Switzerlands 8. They were rusty and lucky not to have score at least 3 goals.
I expect a 2-0/3-0 victory for Spain tonight. I reckon Chile will beat Swiss 1-0, if not a draw. Can't see Switzerland getting lucky again.
Absolutely. Agree with all of that.

I'm taking a multi of Switzerland LAY/Spain WIN @ $1.52 on Betfair. Minus the 5% commission that works out to odds of just over $1.49, compared to the miserly $1.43 on Sportsbet.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Soccer World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back