2010 Soccer World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

My bets for tonight;

1. NZ/Paraguay - DRAW @ 4.10
2. Slovakia/Italy - DRAW @ 4.00
3. Cameroon/Netherlands - DRAW @ 3.55
4. Denmark - WIN @ 2.20

I can see NZ pushing Paraguay all the way here, with a draw enough for Paraguay to qualify, and maybe even top the group.
Italy have been woeful, and if they run into a good ref, they may be screwed out of a win, and they are too short for the win.
The Dutch only need a draw to secure top place, and the African teams have been competitive in the last few games, so the draw seems value.

Denmark are my "special", I just think they possess a little too much class for the Japanese.

2 collects = a profit.:thumbsu:

Got Japan to Qualify in 2 multis.

First:
$50
Sam Stosur def Baltacha ($1.27)
Germany/Ghana Quinella ($1.33)
Switzerland/Spain Quinella ($2.00)
Netherlands/Japan Quinella ($1.90)
Paying $6

Second:
$50
Queensland def NSW
Chile/Spain Quinella
Netherlands/Japan Quinella
Paying $5

Not to confident with Japan, although they only need a draw..

Hedged with Denmark anyway:

$10
Henin def Pettkovic ($1.18)
Cameroon - Eliminated Group Stage ($1.13)
Japan - Eliminated Group Stage ($1.85)
Mexico - Eliminated 2nd Round ($1.45 against Argentina)
Greece - Eliminated Group Stage ($1.17)
Pays $45

Argentina will surely beat Mexico in the 2nd Round.

$10
Exacta - Germany 1st/Ghana 2nd ($1.70)
Brisbane +24.5 vs Richmond ($1.10)
Exacta - Netherlands 1st/Denmark 2nd ($2.25)
North/Port Adelaide Either Team Under 60 ($1.14)
Exacta - Uruguay 1st/Mexico 2nd ($1.33)
Payout: $65

$25
Murray
Soderling
New Zealand/Paraguay Under 2.5
Denmark
Spain
Payout $150

If Japan Qualify: $320 or $250 (Profit = $105 or $175)
If Denmark Qualify: $110 (Profit = $10, possibly another $150)

Would rather Japan Qualify as I get a bigger payout

Edit:
Also got
$10
Argentina 1st - South Korea 2nd

Brazil 1st - Portugal 2nd
Spain 1st - Chile 2nd
Japan Qualify
Payout: $240.78

can someone explain to me why USA finished above England in their group. both teams had the same point and goal difference (+1). i had england to win the group in a multi, and its the only leg i missed so i need a bit of closure. thanks.

can someone explain to me why USA finished above England in their group. both teams had the same point and goal difference (+1). i had england to win the group in a multi, and its the only leg i missed so i need a bit of closure. thanks.

USA 5 points, Goals scored: 4, Goals conceded: 3

England 5 points, Goals scored: 2, Goals conceded: 1

in the events of a tie: points, goal difference, goals scored

My multi tonight: New Zealand/Slovakia LAY @ $1.23

Would be an amazing result if my multi falls over: NZ qualifies and/or Italy fails to qualify.

ps. Bet is with Betfair. The same bet with bookies like Sportsbet is only @ $1.12. :mad:

Germ
Paraguay win (v NZ)
Geel
Eng
Collin -7.5
USA
at $15.17
------------------------
Holland (v Cameroon)
Italy/Slovakia - under 2.5
at $2.89
------------------------
Slovakia/Switz/Algeria not to qualify
at $2.73
---------
a bit riding on tonights games... paraguay/dutch double would be nice and a draw for italy thanks

I had a good night last night. Had a tenner on Cahill @$8 for first goal scorer and another 10 on England/USA/Germany/Australia which earned me about $150.

I only bet small but try and go for some value. that Cahill bet is the fourth "1st goalscorer" bet I've won this WC. I'm batting about 4/7. I have no idea how I'm doing it.:eek:

I had a good night last night. Had a tenner on Cahill @$8 for first goal scorer and another 10 on England/USA/Germany/Australia which earned me about $150.

I only bet small but try and go for some value. that Cahill bet is the fourth "1st goalscorer" bet I've won this WC. I'm batting about 4/7. I have no idea how I'm doing it.:eek:
wat are ur first goal scorer bets for tonight?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting a bit on ITALY/PARAGUAY @ 2s. Hoping Italy don't let me down again. Also have a small bet on ITALY/PARAGUAY/NETHERLANDS/DENMARK @ 8s as well as DENMARK outright. Will wait for teams later to bet on the Dutch but if they name a full lineup then I will probably get on them too.

wat are ur first goal scorer bets for tonight?
I probably wont do all four of these (possibly two) but these are my 1st goalscorer specials.

Italy v Slovakia - Marek Hamsik $15

Paraguay v NZ - Roque Santa Cruz $5 (Put a dollar on Antolin Alcaraz at $34. Is a defender but kills at corners)

Cameroon V Holland - Pierre Webo $10 (I think Cameroon will come out hard over a rejigged Holland)

Denmark v Japan - Nicklas Bendtner $6.50

Definitely will be getting on Hamsik, maybe a whim bet on Alcaraz.

Stinger, I've gone with 3 out of the 4 you have selected.

Santa Cruz vs New Zealand @ $6
Hamik vs Italy @ $15
Bendtner vs Japan @ $6
Elano vs Portugal @ $8

Stinger, I've gone with 3 out of the 4 you have selected.

Santa Cruz vs New Zealand @ $6
Hamik vs Italy @ $15
Bendtner vs Japan @ $6
Elano vs Portugal @ $8
I'm not sure Elano will play against Portugal. He copped a nice old whack in the leg against CIV and his calf is screwed at the moment. He is hoping to play but they might give him a seat to let it heal properly.

Leading with

Italy WIN
Paraguay WIN
@ 2.20

And smaller bets on

Paraguay -1
Draw/Italy HT/FT
@ 9.60

Paraguay 2-0
Italy 1-0
@ 27.50

Wow, Italy is trouble, I would like them to score for my draw bet.

I'm not too confident about the NZ match ending in a draw now, NZ have to score to stay in the tournamnet now, so they can't sit back, which will open it up for Paraguay.

I'd say a 1-1 scoreline for the Italy match is likely, while 1-0 to Paraguay would be my guess now.

Italy looking like absolute mugs.
Serves me right for not giving enough weight to their form over the last 2 matches and just assuming that an Italian side would do enough to get through. They don't even look like it at the moment.

Italy looking like absolute mugs.
Serves me right for not giving enough weight to their form over the last 2 matches and just assuming that an Italian side would do enough to get through. They don't even look like it at the moment.

Screwed me big time too. Teach me to trust an out of form team :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Soccer World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back