2010 Sydney Swans Drafting Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Right well here is my take on the draftees since I have been on a red for the past week:

Jed Lamb
Quite happy with this selection and he wasbest available according to the recruiters so there isn't much else you would want with a low first round pick. The coaches and Horse obviously wants him to play him in a midfield role and rotating through the forward line or even a Steve Johnson role. So overall a good player with good skills and a bit of x factor.

Luke Parker
A bit of inside grunt to replace, Kirky. May be a little slow but was a deadset steal at Pick 40. If Bird and Parker come on well it could release Kieren to play an outside role while JPK, Parker and Birdy are feeding it to him and Mitchell! (I can dream)

Alex Johnson
Bit of a surprise and to be honest I hadn't heard of him until they read his name out. Seems a nice type and hopefully can hold down a Key Position down back with Reg. I hope he is a good kick, as all KPP need to be solid kicks. No more days of Dunkley and etc. kicking out from Fullback.

Matt Spangher
The less said the better.:eek:

Right well here is my take on the draftees since I have been on a red for the past week:

Jed Lamb
Quite happy with this selection and he wasbest available according to the recruiters so there isn't much else you would want with a low first round pick. The coaches and Horse obviously wants him to play him in a midfield role and rotating through the forward line or even a Steve Johnson role. So overall a good player with good skills and a bit of x factor.

Luke Parker
A bit of inside grunt to replace, Kirky. May be a little slow but was a deadset steal at Pick 40. If Bird and Parker come on well it could release Kieren to play an outside role while JPK, Parker and Birdy are feeding it to him and Mitchell! (I can dream)

Alex Johnson
Bit of a surprise and to be honest I hadn't heard of him until they read his name out. Seems a nice type and hopefully can hold down a Key Position down back with Reg. I hope he is a good kick, as all KPP need to be solid kicks. No more days of Dunkley and etc. kicking out from Fullback.

Matt Spangher
The less said the better.:eek:

Isnt Tommy Mitchell made for the inside?

Does anyone have any other videos of the draftees apart from the official afl highlights?
Sorry, no - but if we draft the WA player we are rumoured to be looking at I have plenty of footage of him.

I know you follow Swan Districts and I was thinking Isiah but now you got me interested, hmm, plenty of footage huh, Hansen maybe?

Any footage of Tom Mitchell and Stephen Coniglio??
I probably won't have good footage of Mitchell until next season, but will definitely keep everyone posted about him. Check your inbox re: Coniglio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spangher? :eek: Will give him a chance to prove himself at the club, after all the Swans seem to do really well with recycled players. But i have to say, i seen nothing to impress me in the slightest when he was at the weagles. :eek:

Moss could be a really, really good pickup if we get him. Has potential to really cement a spot in the 22, if not will add great depth to the team.

So can any of the draftees be ready for round 1?
I have a feeling Luke Parker will slot right in if bird, Kennedy, etc is injured
Parker is ready made so I wouldn't be surprised to see him pushng for Round 1 selection. Lamb will be played sparingly and given opportunity to develop in Canberra. Spangher is depth and Johnson needs a few years to develop.

Can anyone tell me who our Number 11 before Stuey was?

Source http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/alltime/swans.html

In 1988 David Cordner wore the jumper for just 5 games with the Swans and won only one of those
1989 Paul Holdsworth wore the number 11 for 6 games but he won 4 of those
1990-1991 - The jumper appears to have been out of circulation
1992-95 Darren Kappler wore the number 11 - played 187 games for Fitzroy, Swans & Hawks. His stats suggest he was a Jonah with a twice as many losses as wins for Fitzroy and Hawks and 3 times as many losses as wins for the Swans.

Stuey Maxfield won more then he lost but his successor "the Cheese" lost more than he won.

Conclusion : The number 11 jumper is due for a run of luck

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Sydney Swans Drafting Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back