Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Good work again AG. Still think players are being punished too harshly for missing 1 game though. From what I have seen this year I feel Barlow is ahead of the likes of Bartel, Enright, Swan, Watson. Not sure he should drop 10 places on the back of missing one game.

not sure about you but I go on bf to talk about football not big not myself. Bottom line is ablett is considerd by most to be the best player int he land and continues to win just about all the individual awards
Please stop posting on here.

AG is probably the most unbiased poster on Big footy & his knowledge and opinion on all teams players is probably better than anyones.

As far as Ablett goes, he has been in the top few players this year no doubt, but before this week he had 2 games in a row that were very average by his standards and he had everyright to be dropped a couple of spots.

I can see Hill slipping off this list soon, still playing well but not to the consistency of earlier this year (more flashing in and out).

Sandilands should probably also be dropping a bit more, average in the last 2 games and not dominating around the ground like he was early.

Mundy getting the recognition he deserves and Keplar in the team of the week :eek:, who would have thought it.

Great work.

Great work as always.
Did you consider Leroy Jetta in the Forward Pocket for the team of the week. 2nd great game in a row with 25 possessions and 2 goals.

Thought he was better last week, still awesome but this week he had heavy competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About 80ish players of rankings then I just use my head to fill in the other spots.

I think I have found a system I am happy with for games missed. I give players a rough mark out of 10 each week to help with the rankings. So when they miss I'll just give them a 5, rather than their average. If I use their average I'm just assuming they will play well, which they might not.

I think you should give players that dont play a 0 imo instead of their average. If you dont play a game you really have no impact at all just like a player that does nothing on the field and gets zero's for all key stat indicators. Also in the Brownlow and Best and Fairest rankings they dont give out your average ranking/votes for games you missed.

No big deal but i just think they current system may imbalance things a fair bit, it also rewards players that actually make it out on the field and prove their consistency week in and week out.

top50.png

totwr11.png

Watched STK v RIC, CAR v MEL, flicked between the Saturday night games, SYD v ESS and the second half of COL v WBD.

I think you should give players that dont play a 0 imo instead of their average.
That's what I did at first but Judd wouldn't be in the top 50 if I kept using that method.

If I use the players average of when they have played then that isn't fair because it's just assuming they will be good in games missed. Judd would be 1st if I did that.

So giving them 5 out of 10 seems fair imo. Judd just inside the top 10 seems about right and he is the guide for what system I use. Players can miss up to 5 games (SJ rule) and get 5 but if the miss more than 5 games they get 0 for the rest.

The ratings are just a rough guide and I'll move players regardless of the ratings sometimes. My ratings have Didak below Selwood but I think Didak has been better than Selwood this year, so I put him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back