Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

lol, Pigdog has a point though. I gave Cooney votes for the game and for some reason I didn't put him up. I'll bump him up a bit. Not sure why McDonald can't be ahead of him though.

sydney, freo and melbourne jumpers are all mixed up, unless it is ladder positions than that is just freaky lol

So this week I'm guessing:

Significant Ups: Hodge and Pavlich (ahead of Chapman), Lake, Cooney, Hayes, Mundy

Significant Downs: J. Brown, O'Keefe
Down: Stephen Hill. Only 7 possessions for the game.:(

Pavlich got maximum 10 points from coaches and is leading AFLCA at the moment with Sandilands coming 2nd. Hopefully Pavlich is going to get into the top 4 on this list.

Hayes was inspirational to say the least. Player of the week IMO. I am impatiently looking forward to this weeks list. :)

top50p.png

Watched COL v GEE, SYD v FRE, MEL v PTA, CAR v HAW. Tried to watch a few of the other matches on replay but lost interest. So there might be a few obvious errors due to me being away over the weekend.

Thought I had Gilbert too high so he went down regardless of his performance.

Hodge? Really? Over Pav, Sandi and Ablett...

Good to see Jobe and Fletch rising up the ranks :D

hodge has been amazing this year, would be no.1 in my book too.

For this list id have Pav above ablett but that is all.

Hodge has been carrying the Hawks. Absolutely bleeds and cries for them. Will do anything to get them up. I can understand why people would question his #1 ranking but if he's not in the top 5 something would be seriously wrong.

Hodge has been carrying the Hawks. Absolutely bleeds and cries for them. Will do anything to get them up. I can understand why people would question his #1 ranking but if he's not in the top 5 something would be seriously wrong.

He is definetly top 5. Lenny Hayes bleeds and cries for the Saints, doesn't make him #1, and if Hodge is carrying the Hawks he has only carried them to 3 wins... Each to their own though I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ablett is and has been the best player in the AFL for the past 4 seasons by that big a gap its not even on comparable terms.

there are alot of members on here who try and be contrary to the obvious above.

no ablett at number 1= no credibility.

ablett is and has been the best player in the AFL for the past 4 seasons by that big a gap its not even on comparable terms.

Seriously... questioning AG's credibility isn't going to get you any points. Easily one of the most knowledgeable and unbiased posters on this site. He makes his list based on who has the most influence, not some group think 'who is the best' ranking.

Nick Riewoldt is better than Ablett. My team regularly gets ripped up by both Ablett and Riewoldt, both are awesome players, but Riewoldt's the best. Riewoldt has the ability to single handedly carry a fairly average team. I don't think Ablett has that ability. But we'll see next year if Ablett can carry a crap team as well as he can shine in an awesome one.

This is purely based on this season. If I did a list on who the best players in the AFL are overall then Ablett or Riewoldt would be no.1. He has missed a game and been a bit down over the last two weeks. Hodge and Sandilands have been influential in more matches this year.

Dare to suggest that Ablett is not the best player or Scarlett is not the best full back and along come the Geelong mob to howl you down.

I think I have found a system I am happy with for games missed. I give players a rough mark out of 10 each week to help with the rankings. So when they miss I'll just give them a 5, rather than their average. If I use their average I'm just assuming they will play well, which they might not.

Using that method: Judd goes to 9th. Griffen goes to 13th. Boyd goes to 24th. Plus Beams would make the top 50 now. Franklin would be just outside the top 50.

Does that sound better?

EDIT: Podsiadly would be in the top 50. He has been very good when he has played, so that probably makes sense.

Good to see Hodge at No1.
I mentioned to you AG before the season started that this was his first ever full pre season and that hopefully we'd see the best from him.
If we could start to string a few together hopefully he'll be even more effective going forward.

This is purely based on this season. If I did a list on who the best players in the AFL are overall then Ablett or Riewoldt would be no.1. He has missed a game and been a bit down over the last two weeks. Hodge and Sandilands have been influential in more matches this year.

when judging players on how much influence they have you tend to favour players from middle of the road sides becaus their better players tend to carry the side.where as geelong dont win games based on the perofrmance of a few players .

for example goodes has more influence on sydneys performance than ablett does on geelongs performance , not becuase goodes is better than ablett but becuase he dosent have a chapman,bartell,selwwod,scarlett,johnson etc in his side that can also win games of their own boot as well.

and you simply cant have a bloke who plays four a side thats won 4/10 games as number 1.

Nick Riewoldt is better than Ablett. My team regularly gets ripped up by both Ablett and Riewoldt, both are awesome players, but Riewoldt's the best. Riewoldt has the ability to single handedly carry a fairly average team. I don't think Ablett has that ability. But we'll see next year if Ablett can carry a crap team as well as he can shine in an awesome one.

LOL ,you couch dosent seem to agree with you.Mike sheehan "if a fairy god mother came to you and said you can have any player in the compettion play for sydney from the 15 other sides who would it be ?'' paul roos " Gary ablett" .Sheehan " thats it ? roos "yehp gary ablett "

their is just no camparison betweent he 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back