Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

A Goddard possession is a contested mark in the back half and a pinpoint 60 metre kick that sets us off at a genuine attack at goal. Three out of four Ablett possessions are uncontested handballs around the back flank. I know what I would take.

35 touches from Ablett rarely changes whether Geelong win or not. 35 touches from Goddard and St Kilda always wins.

again any movement that is fast and clean is almost always good. goddard does not kick the ball 60 metres to a pin point pass that many times and 3/4 of abletts touches are not handballs around the flanks.

perhaps goddard can have more influence but thats because hes playing in a side that isnt as good and dosent have as many A grade players.melbourne rely on Aaron davey so much not because hes a chmapion but because he plays for a bad side.

Not that much between them at all.

ablett lays more tackles and has much more ability to chase and run a player down so he can apply more defensive pressure

the stats say it all about who can better win their own footy.

unless st kilda have got a side on the rebound goddard has no ability to take the opposition on and his lack of pace makes him stop and prop and hold on to the ball.how much skills do you need to bang the ball long to a contested situation like goodard does all the time ? even shannon byrnes can do that

Stats barely mean anything anymore. Looking at the stats for last night you would think Ablett was awesome.

Was at the game last night... Ablett was easily the best player in the first 5 or 10 minutes clearances, I50's and long kicks. Absolutely tore us apart...

Didn't sight him though for the next 3 quarters. Just getting little 1-2 handpasses and wasn't nearly as damaging imo.

Was at the game last night... Ablett was easily the best player in the first 5 or 10 minutes clearances, I50's and long kicks. Absolutely tore us apart...

Didn't sight him though for the next 3 quarters. Just getting little 1-2 handpasses and wasn't nearly as damaging imo.

ablett had 11 contested possesions last night , what game were u watching ?

ablett had 11 contested possesions last night , what game were u watching ?

Watson had 12 contested possessions. Doesn't mean he is better than Ablett or Goddard.

They give a contested possession for a handball within 1 or 2 m's of an opponent I believe.. So he can be firing little handpasses in the back pocket and rack up the contested possessions. Just saying...

Watson had 12 contested possessions. Doesn't mean he is better than Ablett or Goddard.

They give a contested possession for a handball within 1 or 2 m's of an opponent I believe.. So he can be firing little handpasses in the back pocket and rack up the contested possessions. Just saying...

watson is a poor user of the ball, i trust the experts to judge what a contested footy is.

again as a geelong supporter i know what it takes to be a great side and play great footy, how often do you see geelong full stop kick the ball long ? fast pin point passing by hand or foot is the way to go.

too many supporters of ordinay sides are stuck in ysterdays game style of the long bomb

ablett09, seriously please get your hands out of Gaz's pants. We all know he's good. Very good. One of the 2-3 best players in the comp (with everyone fit and playing) and has been for about 3.5 years now.

Just because AG's rankings don't have him at no.1 RIGHT NOW, doesn't mean you need to get your panties in a bunch over one person's rankings not having your precious little Gary at number 1.

watson is a poor user of the ball, i trust the experts to judge what a contested footy is.

again as a geelong supporter i know what it takes to be a great side and play great footy, how often do you see geelong full stop kick the ball long ? fast pin point passing by hand or foot is the way to go.

too many supporters of ordinay sides are stuck in ysterdays game style of the long bomb

:rolleyes:

As an Essendon supporter that witnessed the 2000 premiership I know what it takes to be a great side. I had no direct affiliation with that side, did not see the inner workings of something that took thousands of hours of hard work to achieve, but I saw them from a distance for a few hours every few weeks. I am now an expert on football.

Goddard was good again so Ablett will stay in 3rd.

ablett is at number 1, hes number 1 accroding to most of the general public,most of the media,most of the players and most of the coaches including your coach

by the way aussie gun arent you going to take points of goddard for getting cheap possessionas as a lose man in defense

:rolleyes:

As an Essendon supporter that witnessed the 2000 premiership I know what it takes to be a great side. I had no direct affiliation with that side, did not see the inner workings of something that took thousands of hours of hard work to achieve, but I saw them from a distance for a few hours every few weeks. I am now an expert on football.

the game has changed alot since than

ablett09, seriously please get your hands out of Gaz's pants. We all know he's good. Very good. One of the 2-3 best players in the comp (with everyone fit and playing) and has been for about 3.5 years now.

Just because AG's rankings don't have him at no.1 RIGHT NOW, doesn't mean you need to get your panties in a bunch over one person's rankings not having your precious little Gary at number 1.

LOL , i dont expect that 100% of people who watch AFL will have ablett as number 1 , that will never happen with any player not even if its ablett snr,carey and mathews rolled into 1 .

its just as a passionate geelong supporter I am more qualified than most to judge who should be the best player in the comp , because i know what is required to play a high standard of footy that will win a flag.

the OP is a very good poster, but he does have a history of being pro stkilda and anti geelong .I can prmise you know that ablett will not be number 1 on his list come the end of the year and thats fine as i said , he wont be judged the best by everyone for a number of reasons.The bottom line he is the best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the OP is a very good poster, but he does have a history of being pro stkilda and anti geelong.
Is this the new method of arguing now. In another thread I thought Riewoldt is better than Franklin and I had Hawks posters telling me I have always hated Hawthorn.

Kelly will probably come in to the top 50 this week so that makes it 8 Geelong and 5 St Kilda, so clearly I'm not anti Geelong, pro St Kilda.

Is this the new method of arguing now. In another thread I thought Riewoldt is better than Franklin and I had Hawks posters telling me I have always hated Hawthorn.

Kelly will probably come in to the top 50 this week so that makes it 8 Geelong and 5 St Kilda, so clearly I'm not anti Geelong, pro St Kilda.

dont think you have much choice except to have 8 geelong players in since they are playing by far the best footy in the comp.Who did you say was the best side and best player in the comp last year ?

unless i hane you confused with another swans supporter i thoght you said the saints were a class above the rest of the comp last year and riewoldt was by far the best player .

ablett lays more tackles and has much more ability to chase and run a player down so he can apply more defensive pressure

the stats say it all about who can better win their own footy.

unless st kilda have got a side on the rebound goddard has no ability to take the opposition on and his lack of pace makes him stop and prop and hold on to the ball.how much skills do you need to bang the ball long to a contested situation like goodard does all the time ? even shannon byrnes can do that

I usually hate using SC points... but in the case Supercoach points prove AussieGuns point here the best I think.

Ablett 34 touches 97 SC points.

Goddard 33 touches 142 SC points.

He didn't play loose. He had 14 contested possessions and was all over the place tonight. Ablett only had 11 didn't he?

i wouldnt take points of goddard myself because i thought he played well.But you along with a few others on this site like to stick the boots into ablett for getting cheapies with no evidence to support your claims so how about you do the same for goddard ?

some consistancy please would be good

They were undefeated for ages so I'm sure it was a reasonable comment.

but it sill turned out to be wrong as they were not the best side last year.any neutural supporter would of said that geelong had the better list which was proven in the end. to say the saints are class ahead of geelong was just silly which you are not so it must mean you are pro stkilda and anti geelong

but it sill turned out to be wrong as they were not the best side last year.any neutural supporter would of said that geelong had the better list which was proven in the end. to say the saints are class ahead of geelong was just silly which you are not so it must mean you are pro stkilda and anti geelong

Are you really doing this? Really?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back