NCAA 2011/12 Regular Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

With my interest in the current season going quite low at the moment, with Boise's dream dead, and the fact that they'll destroy Utah State, and Toledo (again :rolleyes:) (c'mon, we'll be in the Boise Bowl game, while Nevada will be in the other one so dont act like I dont know who we're playing, we'll have MAC #3, and Toledo is the 7-1 team not in the MAC Championship game) means I wont really care about this season anymore

I just hope Oregon lose, preferrably to TCU, but I dont mind.

But well, next year is looking great as a Boise fan

get the upgrade into the MWC, and we've got a few nice matchups

MWC home games: Air Force, New Mexico, San Diego State, Wyoming
MWC road games: Colorado State, TCU, UNLV

and then ontop of that

@ Toledo (yeah yeah, who cares, I'm getting to the big ones)
@ Fresno State
vs Tulsa
vs Nevada - finally, we can get our revenge, 1st of October, already marked down
but the big 1, after begging for about a year and a half, and no big schools taking the challenge, we finally got a decent school on our schedule, in the 1st ever non SEC vs ACC Chick-fil A College Kickoff match, we are pleasured, with tradional SEC powerhouse Georgia Bulldogs

and we'll be heading back to the Chick-fil A College Kickoff game in Atlanta in 2014 to take on Ole Miss :thumbsu:

if you want to check out your schedule and see who your team might be playing

go here: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/2011-college-football-schedules.php

schools who are staying put will be where they're supposed to be, but of those changing, they may not have made the change yet (Colorado still under Big 12)
they may have moved like they're supposed to (Utah, BYU, Boise State, Nebraska, and maybe a few others that didnt stand out)
or, they might of changed it for the 2011 season, when they might not change for later on (Nevada and Fresno State are under the MWC title)

So, lets start discussing the future, if you failed to reach your teams goals for last season, it's time to move on to a brighter future, be that Boise, Akron or Texas. Lets enjoy the 2011-12 season, and lets make it 1 for the ages (especially with it likely there will be a NFL lockout to start off the season)

Re: 2011-2012 College football season

We won't get picked for the Humanitarian Bowl (again). Most people project us going to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl playing either Miami (FL) or Boston College (both 7-5 teams, which is a step up from playing Toledo again).

Next years schedule is barely stronger than the current years one. People won't put us in a NCG with that schedule, unless a minor miracle happens again and all the SEC, Big-12, Big 10 & Pac 10 schools have 1 loss.

@TCU = '10 @V Tech
vs Nevada = '10 @Nevada
@Georgia Tech = '10 vs Oregon State.

Best 3 games are still about the same strength.

One positive is that we'll keep getting into BCS bowls as there are no other real quality non-AQ teams to stop us any longer (2012 onwards).

Sorry, my bad. Georgia the 8th best team in the SEC? It's not really a marquee game tbh.

No, but just being from the SEC might move them above Oregon State.

Still I can't see the season turning out any differently for Boise next year, if they run the table, a BCS bowl probably otherwise nothing.

We won't get picked for the Humanitarian Bowl (again). Most people project us going to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl playing either Miami (FL) or Boston College (both 7-5 teams, which is a step up from playing Toledo again).
I like that. I like that alot

hopefully Miami (Fl)

lets see what's happening for WAC teams

New Mexico Bowl - WAC vs BYU
Humanitarian Bowl - WAC vs MAC #3 (Toledo)
Kraft hunger Bowl - Pac10 #6 vs WAC
Hawai'i Bowl - Hawai'i vs C-USA #2-6

well, the Pac-10 wont be able to field that team (well, unless Oregon State, Washington and Arizona State all win) so it'll go to someone else, their backup plan is for an ACC team, but the ACC has already got 8 slots for themselves, so you'd think it would be the ACC #9

ACC has 9 teams qualified.

If I had to rate who'd come over, the 4 I think would be a change would be, and in order
Georgia Tech (6-6, 4-4)
Clemson (6-6, 4-4)
Boston College (7-5, 4-4)
North Carolina (7-5, 4-4)

but still, I'd like Miami (Fl), but I think it'll be one of those 4 going to the Kraft Hunger Bowl (unless Oregon State, Washington and Arizona State all win)

Thing is though, Miami are going to be getting a new coach. Bowls generally don't like end of season changes, so they could well fall back to the bottom of the ACC pecking order.

So it's really either the least favourite of the ACC teams (Boston) or new Coach ACC (Miami)

Thing is though, Miami are going to be getting a new coach. Bowls generally don't like end of season changes, so they could well fall back to the bottom of the ACC pecking order.

So it's really either the least favourite of the ACC teams (Boston) or new Coach ACC (Miami)
hopefully Miami, I'd rather beat up on a team I have no feelings for, then one of the teams I kinda like (Ryan + mircale in miami)

Re: 2011-2012 College Football Discussion

for those who don't know
there are a few changes next year

Utah (MWC) is going to the Pac 12
Colorado (Big 12) is going to the Pac 12
Nebraska (Big 12) is going to the Big 10
BYU (MWC) is becoming an independant
and Boise State (WAC) is moving to the MAC

it will also be the last year of TCU in the MWC, and Nevada, Hawai'i and Fresno State in the WAC

UT-San Antonio, Texas State and Denver (as non-football) are all moving to the WAC as replacements. in 2012 the WAC is going to be:

Denver (non-football)
Idaho
Louisiana Tech
New Mexico State
San Jose State
Utah State
UT-San Antonio
Texas State

pretty poor. UT-San Antonio doesn't even begin play as a football program until 2011.

UT-San Antonio, Texas State and Denver (as non-football) are all moving to the WAC as replacements. in 2012 the WAC is going to be:

Denver (non-football)
Idaho
Louisiana Tech
New Mexico State
San Jose State
Utah State
UT-San Antonio
Texas State

pretty poor. UT-San Antonio doesn't even begin play as a football program until 2011.
trust me, it's not over, well, it's not over for the WAC

at the moment 2012 is going to be (for the WAC in football)
Idaho
Louisiana Tech
New Mexico State
San Jose State
Utah State
UTSA
Texas State

that's 6 conferance games each, not enough, they'll add another 1 or 2 (and if Utah State gets to the MWC like they want now [after they turned down the offer initially :rolleyes:] 3) teams, which would obviouslycome from FCS ranks

Lamar and Montana have both been linked to the WAC so far (and Seattle, but who cares about non-football :p)

though, Montana have come out and said they're remaining in FCS football

But I still think the WAC will try and expand from FCS ranks

meaning Lamar might be in, and I think with them in the FCS Championship game, the WAC will try and get Eastern Washington in as well, (which I'd like to see, bring the Red Turf into the FBS!!! :p)

at the moment, after the current announcements are made, FBS football will look like

ACC - 12 teams
Big 12 - 10 teams
Big East - 9 teams
Big 10 - 12 teams
CUSA - 12 teams
Independants - 4 teams
MAC - 13 teams
MWC - 10 teams
Pac 10 -12 teams
SEC - 12 teams
SBC - 9 teams
WAC - 7 teams

I think the Big East will go for 10 teams, 6 teams have already been linked to them, I think Villanova have turned it down, so I think they'll go for Temple and get them over from the MAC

Then I think Louisiana Tech will finally get out of the WAC, and be able to get into CUSA

also, hurting the WAC even more, I think the MWC will try and get a conferance championship game, so will offer spots to UTEP, Houston and Utah State, now that the WAC is shit, Utah State would jump at the offer (already rumours, that they're askign to be in even though they declined intially), and I think Houston would be the one from CUSA who gets in

that would leave it as
ACC - 12 teams
Big 12 - 10 teams
Big East - 10 teams
Big 10 - 12 teams
CUSA - 12 teams
Independants - 4 teams
MAC - 12 teams
MWC - 12 teams
Pac 10 -12 teams
SEC - 12 teams
SBC - 9 teams
WAC - 5 teams

then the WAC, would desperatly go around running through FCS to drag in a few more schools, I'd guess

I think they'd get another 4-5 teams up. If I was them, I'd do 1 of 2 things

1) just do it the easy way and merge with the Great West Conferance, that would bring over, Sourthern Utah, UC Davis, Cal Poly, Sourthern Dakota, Northern Dakota

or

2) try and get a random compilation of schools, like, bring in Idaho State to be a rival with Idaho, and maybe Eastern Washington to allow a little 3 way war in the top end with those 3. Get Lamar because they've already been linked, and there is nothing from Lamar saying no, so maybe they'd join, and maybe Portland State and/or UC Davis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston's been linked to the Big East with TCU ... which makes a lot of sense for the Big East. it's another Texas-based team so it's not weird looking geographically, but it is also access to a big TV market. Houston is the fourth biggest city in the entire country after all.

I think both belong in the Big 12 personally. just rename it the Southwest Conference and get it over with.

Houston's been linked to the Big East with TCU ... which makes a lot of sense for the Big East. it's another Texas-based team so it's not weird looking geographically, but it is also access to a big TV market. Houston is the fourth biggest city in the entire country after all.

I think both belong in the Big 12 personally. just rename it the Southwest Conference and get it over with.
agreed. That is the smary thing
but what I said above is how I think it might pan out

Pryor, Herron, Posey and Adams all suspended for 5 games to start the year for Ohio State

They'd miss Akron, Toledo, at Miami (Fl), Colorado and Michigan State

will cost them 1 game, and maybe another 2. Might still win the Big 10, but they will not win the BCS Championship now

all for selling awards and school gear, now they have to donate the same amount of money they made back to a charity. and 4 of the 5 players are starters and the 5th is a back up and all the backups are seniors, to this will likely cost them the season in terms of a BCS bid.

to this will likely cost them the season in terms of a BCS bid.
I disagree, they only miss 1 conferance game
and even then they'll probably get the suspension reduced

they'll lose to Miami and maybe Colorado, then with this fire in their belly, they would probably run the Big 10. I'd make Ohio State a favourite to be in the Rose Bowl

but hell no to BSC Championship game

2 losses there and it will cost them, but even if they have 1 loss in the first 5 they still have to win the rest to make it to a BCS game, and the big10 could have an undefeated team next season which could knock them out of a bid for a BCS game . and there is talk of some of the suspended thinking of going to the NFL to avoid the suspension.

speaking of next season's Big Ten ...

does anyone else think Nebraska comes in and wins it first year? they are in the easier division and while Michigan State and Iowa are pretty damn good, they're not better than Nebraska. Michigan, Northwestern and Minnesota won't trouble the Huskers either IMO.

if I were going to make a prediction on the first Big Ten Championship Game, I say it's Nebraska vs. Ohio State. Buckeyes' suspensions will hurt their BCS hopes but they can still win their division and go for the Rose Bowl.

I disagree, they only miss 1 conferance game
and even then they'll probably get the suspension reduced

they'll lose to Miami and maybe Colorado, then with this fire in their belly, they would probably run the Big 10. I'd make Ohio State a favourite to be in the Rose Bowl

but hell no to BSC Championship game

I disagree again. I reckon it will cost them the whole season as some of them will jump to the pros.

Why come back for half a season of games when you can jump to the pros and make money at the next level and 'look after there families' as they were trying to do.

I think Pryor will jump if he has a big bowl game in front of everybody.

there will be NFL next year, the Commish wants the CBA done by the superbowl and has said that it could be done by than, but at least there will be a shortened season, because as soon as the owners start loosing big money they will agree with the PA. but i will be shocked if it ever comes to that point, i think ti will be done before the draft.

If Pryor has a big game in the Sugar Bowl, it'd be worth nominating for the NFL Draft now. No point playing 7-8 games next season, especially if his stocks rise more.

They'll be lucky to win the Big Ten now for mine.

I'm still new to college ball, so can someone explain to me: can someone nominate for the NFL Draft, not get picked up and then decide to go back to the college system? Or is it a case of once you've nominated, you're classed as pro and can't go back?

Remove this Banner Ad

NCAA 2011/12 Regular Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back