NCAA 2011/12 Regular Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011-2012 College Football Discussion

the hate for such a small school is so weird :confused:

most likely because a certain poster would become even more insuffrably annoying than usual. ;)

fwiw: Alabama def Oklahoma is my ludicrously early BCS game prediction.

of all time?
no, heck, this team (Boise 2010) last year (in 2009) would of been lucky to be in the top 5 (Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma (with Bradford) and Texas were all better)

the only reason I beleive they're the best this year (besides Auburn), is this is the worst college year I've ever seen, seriously, this years Auburn, Boise State and TCU teams (and maybe Alabama and Stanford) are the only ones who would of been competitive with those 4 named above from last year, but none would of beaten them.

This years talent is the lowest I've seen. This is the worst Pac-10, Big-12, ACC, SEC, Big East, MAC and SBC conferances I've ever seen. (and if it wasn't for Boise and TCU, it would be the worst WAC and MWC too).

This year Boise and TCU only got close to the BCS National Championship game because the whole competition is that even, that everyone beat each other and gave us a chance, that wont happen again in the short term future, college football will be back to the norm soon enough, and we'll be seeing 5-6 undefeated teams going into the bowls

most likely because a certain poster would become even more insuffrably annoying than usual. ;)

fwiw: Alabama def Oklahoma is my ludicrously early BCS game prediction.
I talk more after losses, I know to keep my mouth shut when winning, dont want to get too far ahead of myself. You know I'm going to explode here once Atlanta losses ;)

Ummmm, yeah, way too early for next year, I wont even have a lock at it untill after the draft (so I know who's remaining at college)

I support an AFC team, so, you know ... whatever :p

lol my early predictions are always wrong. I've basically ruined the seasons for Alabama and Oklahoma already. I mean for this years BCS game I predicted Alabama vs. Ohio State. :eek:

lets make it truly ridiculous and say it's going to be Florida State vs. Nebraska.

I wouldn't be too shocked with Nebraska
I need to wait for schedules and rosters before I check everything

but just pot shots now, my predictions
National Championship - Oklahoma (1) D Cal (2)
Rose Bowl - Boise State (highest non-AQ) D Ohio State (Big 12)
Orange Bowl - Alabama (at large) D Miami Fl (ACC)
Fiesta Bowl - Nebraska (at large) D West Virginia (Big East)
Sugar Bowl - Florida (SEC) D Notre Dame (at large)

the SEC will have a team playing in Louisiana for the bcs title again next year. that's an absolute given at the moment
it will come down the schedule
if the dominate team has to travel to the really strong teams (ala Alabama @ LSU and South Carolina) then it could cost them the shot, but if they (or other) dominant team hosts the majority of their games (like Auburn) they could run the table and get that shot

Obviously the SEC is the best conferance going around, but losses could hit teams here and there and cost them the shot at all the glory

you know schedules are already out for alot of teams right? :p

Alabama goes to Florida, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Auburn + non-conference game at Penn State. they get Arkansas and LSU in Tuscaloosa and they're not even playing South Carolina next year.

MWC isn't, and about half of the non conferance games have been finalised

It's about breaks and all that shit
Ill focus on it in a month or two when all that is finalised (country wide)

Oklahoma vs LSU - BCS National Championship Game :D
Boise State vs Ohio State - Rose Bowl :cool:
Nebraska vs Notre Dame - Sugar Bowl :p
Just a few early predictions ;)

Oklahoma vs LSU - BCS National Championship Game :D
Boise State vs Ohio State - Rose Bowl :cool:
Nebraska vs Notre Dame - Sugar Bowl :p
Just a few early predictions ;)
:D over your rivals in the big game?
geeze, I thought you'd have a :( with Oklahoma getting that far

you should only have a :D on 3 conditions with Oklahoma

1) They go 0-12
2) They go 11-1 in the regular season, losing to Texas, costing them a shot at the conferance
3) choke in a bowl game

you're no Longhorns fan, pick someone which would be a nice story, maybe, UTSA Roadrunners?
join them on their rise to FBS football!!! :)

:D over your rivals in the big game?
geeze, I thought you'd have a :( with Oklahoma getting that far

you should only have a :D on 3 conditions with Oklahoma

1) They go 0-12
2) They go 11-1 in the regular season, losing to Texas, costing them a shot at the conferance
3) choke in a bowl game

you're no Longhorns fan, pick someone which would be a nice story, maybe, UTSA Roadrunners?
join them on their rise to FBS football!!! :)

Maybe i should support Boise? Oh wait I want to see my team participate in the BCS National Championship Game :p

With TCU and Utah moving on from the MWC, we'd probably have better chances then most teams, we should run the table year in year out, while teams like you would probably be beaten somewhere on your schedule

;)
Seriously, from next year onwards, our standards will be one of the highest in the country, and anything short of a BCS Bowl game should result in the coach being fired

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With TCU and Utah moving on from the MWC, we'd probably have better chances then most teams, we should run the table year in year out, while teams like you would probably be beaten somewhere on your schedule

;)
Seriously, from next year onwards, our standards will be one of the highest in the country, and anything short of a BCS Bowl game should result in the coach being fired

Haha I agree with everything you say there :thumbsu:

This year Boise and TCU only got close to the BCS National Championship game because the whole competition is that even, that everyone beat each other and gave us a chance, that wont happen again in the short term future, college football will be back to the norm soon enough, and we'll be seeing 5-6 undefeated teams going into the bowls

hmmm? Other than in 09 where teams ran the SEC, Big-12 and Big East (as well as 2 mid majors doing so in Boise & TCU) as well as their OOC schedule, I can't remember another year where this has happened...[last time, I've just checked was in 04]

As for Boise going to the Rose Bowl... it aint going to happen (remember people, it's still a Pac-10 vs Big 10 game...). Boise hopefully will make the Sugar Bowl and play a SEC team

Anyone see Terrelle Pryor after the OS v Arkansas game the other day? Man, I hope that was the painkillers talking, otherwise that kid is in trouble.

Journo: So will you be coming back Terrelle? Or going to the NFL?

Pryor: Uh... huh?

Anyone see Terrelle Pryor after the OS v Arkansas game the other day? Man, I hope that was the painkillers talking, otherwise that kid is in trouble.

*No definitely not..
5 Minutes Later
Terrelle Pryor has entered the draft ;)

*No definitely not..
5 Minutes Later
Terrelle Pryor has entered the draft ;)
are you serious?
what an idiot

#1) Running from a sinking shit, great attitude there, You'd hope the Vikings get him, anyother team will be shit and Pryor will run, or a QB is already in place, and Pryor will walk because he's on the bench

#2) He got a NCAA suspension for next year, if he losses the appeal, he's avoided the suspension by jumping to the NFL, the NCAA will have no other choice but to strip the Sugar Bowl win from the Buckeyes, like they stripped USC the 2005 national championship

Pryor's sttitude will certainly come into question, and IF he losses an appeal after going to the NFL, then I'd be willing to bet that the Sugar Bowl is going to be stripped (both as a message to stand by the rules, and if you break them, dont take the cowards way out)

are you serious?
what an idiot

#1) Running from a sinking shit, great attitude there, You'd hope the Vikings get him, anyother team will be shit and Pryor will run, or a QB is already in place, and Pryor will walk because he's on the bench

#2) He got a NCAA suspension for next year, if he losses the appeal, he's avoided the suspension by jumping to the NFL, the NCAA will have no other choice but to strip the Sugar Bowl win from the Buckeyes, like they stripped USC the 2005 national championship

Pryor's sttitude will certainly come into question, and IF he losses an appeal after going to the NFL, then I'd be willing to bet that the Sugar Bowl is going to be stripped (both as a message to stand by the rules, and if you break them, dont take the cowards way out)
He keeps talking about the Buckeye Nation as if it means something to him...lets see if he's all talk or not.

Not only that, but a couple of hours after the game this was posted on twitter by another journo

Pryor: "We not only did it for all the seniors, but all us juniors who are going to declare tomorrow for the draft!"
http://twitter.com/JayChristensen/st...26127717224448

Im not aware of any OSU Jrs having declared yesterday or today though

I've had a few hours now to digest the loss but right now I'm feeling utter pain.

Pain that I know all too well from St. Kilda losing two Grand Finals in a row.

To think that we had done the hard yards to force the fumble from Newton and then not only get the TD but then convert the 2pts as well to tie it at 19-19, the momentum was our way. We had made plenty of stops that 4th Quarter as well. We limited Cam Newton probably about as well as you can but just some key plays really did cost us today.

Probably the biggest momentum swing of the game was when we were 11-7 up and the safety that then meant Auburn getting the ball back and Newton was really starting to crank it up at that point. To go into HT 16-11 down and knowing Auburn were starting with the ball, especially when up 11-7 and having the ball yourselves with less than four minutes to go in the half, that really, really, really hurt. Then there was that pass from Thomas to Tuinei and he came so close to getting a TD. We then failed to convert anything on those next four plays. Yes credit to the Auburn defense, but I'm not too sure why we continued to try and run it. The 2pt conversion in the 2nd Q and the LaMichael James TD showed the weakness of the Auburn defensive line was on the wings. Still, I thought Thomas apart from his start where he threw 2 INT's, had a good game. He'll only get better in 2011/12.

Credit to the defensive line of Auburn though, they completely took our running game out of it today. Nick Fairley was simply unbelievable. Made so many crucial tackles. Surely he'll nominate for the NFL Draft and be a top 2-3 pick. He reminds me and a lot of other people of Ndamukong Suh.

On the bright side though, a lot of people thought Auburn would whip our butts today. That was certainly not the case and I'm very proud of what this Oregon team has done this season. It's been an absolute joy not only following them this season, but the previous three seasons before that. With Thomas, James, Barner and most of the core group returning next season, we should again feature prominently in the National Championship discussion.

Go Ducks.

EDIT: No idea why the current thread was locked. What a numpty.

I've had a few hours now to digest the loss but right now I'm feeling utter pain.

Pain that I know all too well from St. Kilda losing two Grand Finals in a row.

was over the post limit, so GG had to close it, just did it now to let the season end

oh, 21-11 in my bowl tips in the end :) (or was it 21-12? I just know I had 21)

oh, and you didn't lose two grand finals in a row there was a game inbetween which you didn't lose

was over the post limit, so GG had to close it, just did it now to let the season end

oh, 21-11 in my bowl tips in the end :) (or was it 21-12? I just know I had 21)

oh, and you didn't lose two grand finals in a row there was a game inbetween which you didn't lose

Fair enough then.

I think I got 20 in my Pick Ems'.

And yeah obviously there was the draw, but still, two years in a row. Worst thing is, I was at all three Grand Finals. Worst feeling ever. Worse than today. :thumbsdown:

.....but I'm not too sure why we continued to try and run it. ....

I agree. The passing game was moving the chains. The 4 RUN plays on the Auburn Goal line doorstep were wasted !! :thumbsdown:

Credit to the defensive line of Auburn though, they completely took our running game out of it today. Nick Fairley was simply unbelievable. Made so many crucial tackles. Surely he'll nominate for the NFL Draft and be a top 2-3 pick. He reminds me and a lot of other people of Ndamukong Suh.

Fairley is a junior btw.

GG said that once it reached it's quota of 1400 posts that he'd LOCK it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

NCAA 2011/12 Regular Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back