2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nasty and dangerous slewfoot by Marchand on Niskanen last night. Surely worth a look from Brendan the Buffoon...

Amusing to see Marchand wear a couple of fists for his troubles as well. Jack Edwards once again with some comedy gold on the one-sided commentary.

Conferences are:

I: Van, Cal, Edm, LA, SJ, Ana, Col, Phoe
II: Win, Det, Chi, StL, Nas, Clb, Dal, Min
III: Tor, Mon, Ott, Bos, Buf, Fla, TB
IV: Pit, Phi, NYR, NYI, NJ, Car, Wash

It's a little bit of back to the future, but just with more teams now.

1v4, 2v3 per conference, then the winners play each other. Conference winners will then playoff.
Still debating whether there will be re-seeding for the conference rounds or not or some sort of pre set fixture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should just be seeded on who has more points. I don't really see the need for a West v East type of system, otherwise it might as well be 2 conferences, 4 divisions instead of 4 separate conferences. Should in the end be two of the best teams facing off against each other no matter where they come from.

went in to todays game (well, the game highlights on nhl.com) with a good feeling.

had some bad flashbacks with the early scores only for the kings to come back but it turned out well in the end...for once.

Sharks.. man we suck the last 5 games. 1-0-4.. with the only win coming in the shootout against the Canadiens. I know teams go up and down, but this has been against only ok opposition, not exactly the greatest sides. Dan Boyles level of sucking knows no bounds.

Next agenda: expansion.

2 more teams will come in, 4 groups of 8 teams

A few years ago they were looking at new teams in Las Vegas and Kansas. If they thought that again, they'd need to re- shuffle the groups but that's easy enough.

Havent heard of any other states looking to bring a new NHL team in.

Sharks.. man we suck the last 5 games. 1-0-4.. with the only win coming in the shootout against the Canadiens. I know teams go up and down, but this has been against only ok opposition, not exactly the greatest sides. Dan Boyles level of sucking knows no bounds.
You just need to play us, that'll get you back in form. :rolleyes: :(

don't like the new conference system at all, particularly the fact that the final four teams are decided by the winner of each conference. there is way too much potential for lobsided conferences and weak team making it through to the final four.

don't like the new conference system at all, particularly the fact that the final four teams are decided by the winner of each conference. there is way too much potential for lobsided conferences and weak team making it through to the final four.

Yes because lopsided conference finals are a very rare occurrence with the current system.

2011: 4-1 & 4-3
2010: 4-1 & 4-0
2009: 4-0 & 4-1
2008: 4-1 & 4-2
2007: 4-1 & 4-2
2006: 4-1 & 4-3

I like the fact that first and second round playoff series are almost always guaranteed to be against a fierce rival. Should make for some very entertaining series.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back