2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Desperate move from a desperate man.

The powerplay is the major problem where there have been plenty of opportunities to finish off teams and 7 OT/Circus time loses has been costly.

Gauthier and Martin spouting out rubbish about Kaberle being instrumental in Boston's success last season is insulting everyone's intelligence.

"He played very well for Boston; they won the Stanley Cup," Gauthier said. "And if you look at his statistics, it's actually encouraging that when he joined a good club he performed in his role. He was able to adapt relatively quickly."

The Bruins brought him in hoping he would be the missing piece to their own power-play struggles. It didn't work out that way in Boston as the Bruins power play continued to fizzle with Kaberle on the point both in the regular season (10.6 percent in 24 games) and in the playoffs (11.4 percent in 25 games).

Kaberle did not top 20 minutes in ice time once after Game 5 of the first round against the Canadiens -- a series that the Bruins won without scoring a single power-play goal.

He's best mates with Plekanec so maybe that might fire him up...

He's best mates with Plekanec so maybe that might fire him up...

Yeah me and my brother were talking about this. Maybe some revenge on Toronto for giving his best years and then being told he was never part of the picture at the end. If he can go back to his good days of quarterbacking a PP (which I haven't seen in a good 5 years) then he could actually do pretty well for Montreal. But again, for 4.25 mill, it's quite a risk.

Also, I'm so glad Ron Wilson is so highly touted a special teams guru. I guess that's why the penalty kill is almost dead last in the league, and tonight they allowed 4 goals on 5 powerplays (the fifth being the remnant 20 seconds of a 5 on 3.)

But what about the powerplay you ask? It's 2nd in the league! Don't worry, Ron's not on that one either. The assistant coach took over that responsibility.

Thank God for James Neal. I was a bit worried that we had given up a decent prospect for a has been, but once he has got going this season he has been excellent value. I can see why Catters told me he was a streaky scorer and to be patient with him.

Hopefully with all of our injury worries that this streak is a long one.

You've got them.. pegged ;)

I still can't work out Elliot. His best year so far is a 2.5 and .909 SV% a few years ago, last year he was 3.8 and .87.. now he's 1.5 and .95! Ridiculous, and that was while Hitchcock wasn't the coach as well.

Awesome NHL debut (well first start anyway) for Richard Bachman.

Backstops Dallas to a gritty 2-1 win in LA. makes 27 saves on 28 shots.

Only goal he gave up was a shorty that was a 2 on 0 breakaway for LA after a bad turn over.

Love beating dirty LA in LA.

Decent Habs debut for Kaberle. Instrumental in both goals, looked good on the power play. A bit of a pylon on too many occasions in defence though...

Becomes only the third player since 67 expansion to play for the Leafs, Boo-ins and Habs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up and down? He's only lost one game. Ray Emery is 6-1-2. Not much up and down about that. The only down was that Oilers debacle and he's got a GAA of 1.50 since that game.

Elliott's number one now. Has started six of the past nine and form/injury permitting that will only increase. 12-2-0.

And of the last 6 games, Elliot has started 3, Halak has started 3....

Do you even do any research?

Yes, stating six of the past nine starts might imply that fact, and different to you I also use my eyes and mind. I analyse more than just numbers.

Halak is now getting the Peter Budaj games (Ducks, Nordiques, Kings, Laughs, Oilers)

Elliott is now getting the Carey Price games (Charks, Wings, Hawks, Pitt, Canucks)

Hitchcock has a big game he's putting in Elliott. Elliott is your number one.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back