2011 Dreamteam Supercoach Questions - Post here

Remove this Banner Ad

Any questions discussions relating to either comp please post here.

We don't want random stuff popping up in threads all over the board.

So here's the place to ask them questions.

Sign-up threads are up now and we'll let you know where the ongoing ladders etc will live soon.

Dreamteam sign-up and expressions of interest here

Well, its back but with a few quirky changes this year. Byes, more players and more trades!

Again, we plan to run 3 Divisions numbers permitting.

Just bump this thread if you are interested. Also, your overall ranking would be a great help too.

Good luck everyone

Confirmed Entrants...

Henry Jr - Ranking: 2,428 Score: 46,206 (Div 1)
ACTion Hawks - Ranking: ? Score: 34,666
JohnHawk04 - Ranking: 1,304 Score: ?
Shepp - Ranking: 2,000s Score: ?
Smitchell - Ranking: 5,000 Score: 45,742
Fluro Boots - Ranking: ? Score: ? (Div 3)
HolyRioli - Ranking: 5,000-8,000 Score: (Div 3)
Cyril Grip - Ranking:14,935 Score: 44,668
Charlie Mitchell - Ranking: 4,695 Score: 45,770
Tommyk72 - Ranking: ? Score: ?
RedDevils99 - Ranking: ? Score: ?
Spikers - Ranking: 45, 794 Score: 42,689 (Div 3)
1ciggieleft - Ranking: 16,218 Score: 44,565 (Div 1)
Hodgey09 - Ranking: 3,147 Score: 46,053 (Div 1)
Pharoah - Ranking 20,563 Score: 44,231
Skyfire - Ranking: 2,926 Score: 46,096 (Div 1)

Bradway - Ranking: 7,000 Score: ?
Hawkinspired - Ranking: 3,624 Score: 45,956
BigLance - Ranking: 10,154 Score: 45,093
Destruktor - (Div 1)
Great 2008 - (Div 1)
Rabbitpig - Ranking: 2,644 Score: 46,156
Hodginator - Ranking: ? Score: 43,480
Maijar - Ranking: 24,910 Score: ? (Div 2)
TNTre - Ranking: 7,242 Score: 45,412
quelt - Ranking: 37,000 Score: 43,000
falcons2 - Ranking: 43,934 Score: 24,875
Slawk - Ranking: 5,829 Score: 45,597
ChunkyDuckling (DIV 1)
OneEyedHawk - Ranking: 4454 (DIV 1)
Hawkforce - Ranking: 18,463 Score: 44,389
Pegman - Ranking: 16,095 Score: 44,574 (DIV 1)

HalfBackDasher - Ranking: Piss Poor Score: ?
Whittman10 - Ranking: 1,414 Score:46,501
charliecodpiece - (DIV 3)
dp_ramas - Ranking: 459 Score:46,991 (DIV 1)
dogsfooty
PeeRod - Ranking: 70,515 Score: 41,370
Pudd
neenie21 - Ranking: 25,680 Score: 43,880
hawker39 - Ranking: 30,926 Score: 43,543

Supercoach sign-up and expressions of interest here.

Re: Dreamteam Supercoach Questions - Post here

I'll get the ball rolling.

Who is going to pick Max Bailey? With the new interchange rule it is unlikely that either ruckman will have much time on the pine, instead spending time in the forward line. As Max has played AFL games he won't be rookie priced, but likely to be somewhere between $100'000 and $125'000.

Pro's:

- Could be a massive cash cow. An average of even 70 pts could put him up $150'000-200'000.
- Will be reliable cover for the byes.

Con's:

- Injury Prone
- Likely to be more expensive than rookie ruckman

Will he be in your side??

I am thinking of Big Max as an investment for SC only in this post when I say that it makes sense to see how he goes in the NAB prior to selecting him. If he plays most games then he would be a great value pick-up as he will definitely score more than his value suggests.

Popeye & Smith offer great value IMO.

I agree, Smith might be good for SC.

I think he is not as appealing for DT as it's more for midfielders and high possession ball getters not flashy players that could turn a game with one or two plays.

i am in again i put the last years scores up for me in other thread was that right

Yep, the other threads are the go. This thread's about who's doing who and the like.

Some hawks players that I think will have big seasons in SuperCoach are;

Birchall - Ave 90+ (80 last year)
Really think Birch has the capabilities to be a Josh Drummond sort of player for us, he possesses the same booming left foot, he is very efficient & he can also find more of the ball.

Burgoyne - Ave 115 (100 last year)
Silk will tear the clearances up this season. He will be resting up forward as well kicking goals. I can just see him being the sort gathering 26 possessions a game along with a couple of goals. Big year ahead for him.

Franklin - Ave 125 (107 last year)
Buddy will be used through the midfield at times this season and I can see him averaging 20+ posis a game, kicking bags of 6+ goals on many occasions, he will become the new "MUST HAVE". Will take Gaz juniors mantle. Also with maturity I can also see his free kick against tally sliding downwards.

Will Hodge be purely a MID this year........or DEF/MID?

Massive dilemmas in picking the midfield this year if he is a mid. Goddard (will be a MID this year I believe), Swan, Selwood, Ablett et al will take some squeezing in.

Will probably look at Lake to replace Goddard in the backline. Had Hodge and Goddard in my starting backline last year. Will be big holes if they both become MIDS.

I recommend that none of you pick more than two players from every side. This is due to the bye, and having more than two players out of your side for a week can ruin your season.

Also, try focus on getting players that can play in multiple positions.

I say we all post our sides once it's out and discuss them.

I recommend that none of you pick more than two players from every side. This is due to the bye, and having more than two players out of your side for a week can ruin your season.

i got to trey to do that first year i played [09] i had nearly the whole hawks team , that was a huge mistake in 09 yet some how did get to the minor GF did not win sadly by then i was very depleted

Will be taking Pup, Smith and Bailey as my hawks players with a maybe for Franklin because I see N Riewoldt having a very bad year after all this nude photo stuff. Will try and have a well rounded team with no more than three or four players from each team, though I may end up with five GC players.

Who will be picking K Hunt? I think he will be good for the bench as he will be playing games, has a mature body and knows what it's like to play in front of large crowds.

Cmon guys, sign up for the Supercoach Hawthorn BF league on the other thread if you already haven't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can pick more than two in your squad of 33... it's just not wise to pick more than two players from the same team in each position.

However, if you're just going for the league win it may be an advantage to load up on freo/lions/sydney/melbourne players as these teams have both byes on the weeks where there are no league games played. This essentially means that you will have players from those teams available for every league match (cannot be said for the other 13 teams).

Hawks that are in my current team (over on the fanfooty.com.au fan planner); pup (defender, should get games and get a bit of it), bails (pretty much basement price) and buddy (it's buddy...).

I'm considering getting rid of bailey for a 4th ruckman who is cheap and is both a ruck and a forward, so I can have petrie in my forward line who should be able to swap with ruck #4 come an emergency.

is anyone else adopting this strategy?

You can pick more than two in your squad of 33... it's just not wise to pick more than two players from the same team in each position.

However, if you're just going for the league win it may be an advantage to load up on freo/lions/sydney/melbourne players as these teams have both byes on the weeks where there are no league games played. This essentially means that you will have players from those teams available for every league match (cannot be said for the other 13 teams).

Hawks that are in my current team (over on the fanfooty.com.au fan planner); pup (defender, should get games and get a bit of it), bails (pretty much basement price) and buddy (it's buddy...).

I'm considering getting rid of bailey for a 4th ruckman who is cheap and is both a ruck and a forward, so I can have petrie in my forward line who should be able to swap with ruck #4 come an emergency.

is anyone else adopting this strategy?

Yes i will most likley be going down that path. Duel positioning, combined with smart player choice will be mandatory this year. I really don't think many people have much idea at all about how different DT & SC will be this year.

According to Championn Data both Brendan Goddard & Luke Hodge are listed as Mids. Not sure which way VS will go, but CD is usually a good indication.

Should be interesting. Head to Head starts round 1. Sub rule means more strategy needed. Lowered value to fit in extra players. Did they mention extra trades? Choose wisely at the start and you could have a dream run home with extra trades.

Yep. No more waiting to see if premiums are gonna have slow starts this year. Either pick em or waste a trade at the start of the season and regret it at the end.

Hey guys,

Hope this is the right place to ask this...........

Heard on the grapevine that Sewell is having a ripper preseason. Also with Bateman fit and Bruce in the team is it possible that he will be reileved for some of the tagging he did last year and get back that 09 form?

The type of player that only needs to get 20 touches to crack 100 as he gets so many tackles.

Cheers in advance,

Mez

This is precisely the place to ask questions like that. Yes, I hear, that Sewell is going very well. Someone else might be able to shed more light though.

Hey guys, have heard conflicting things about Cyril for 2011. Is the consensus that he will see more time in the mids, or does he not have the tank for it, or is the midfield full already? So many Hawks I want in my team, cutting them will be the hardest part. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, have heard conflicting things about Cyril for 2011. Is the consensus that he will see more time in the mids, or does he not have the tank for it, or is the midfield full already? So many Hawks I want in my team, cutting them will be the hardest part. Thanks in advance.

This is all just my opinion mate but here is how I see it.

Cyril will play mainly as a forward. I don't think that it is simply a 'tank not big enough issue' as there may be other things such as game plan & not having any other crumming forwards that also must be considered.

However, he will definitely play some time in the middle - too good not to. To put this conversation into SC / DT terms - he will get possies in the middle & goals / tackles up forward; but won't play huge minutes in the middle to rack them up like a Swan etc..

Looking for bargins will be interesting.

Hale for the minutes he will play and the opportunity to go forward as he has spent the majority of last year in the VFL should be well priced.

Buddy because his best is bloody good and on an off day he still see plenty o the ball.

Burgs with a full pre season and a strong mid field will have a huge year.

Hodge if he is in the backline but tough if he is classes as a mid because there are others out there how rack up big points

Bench players like pup & Smith will be interesting plus shields as a back up mid.

Is Whitecross likely to be a regular this season, or perhaps he might be too risky due to being a candidate for being a sub?

Is Whitecross likely to be a regular this season, or perhaps he might be too risky due to being a candidate for being a sub?

I'd suspect he's not in the best 22. Doubt he is sub material either.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Dreamteam Supercoach Questions - Post here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back