2011 Emirates Melbourne Cup......nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

So what do we take from the CC runs going forward?

Green Moon:wide all the way & very brave,not sure he has the dash to win at Flemington & still a mile down the OOE?

Tullamore:good effort,has to be in the picture

Manighar:another solid run but thats him,doesnt have the change of gear for me

Lucas Cranach:ran as well as he could although worried about the fact he's pulled up slightly lame

Unusual Suspect:ran out of his skin & strong on the line,if he was a few years younger Id have him right there

Drunken Sailor: had to go back from the barrier & ran on ok

Macedonian:came from absolute last & wide to be beaten 4.5 lengths,doubt he has the class but clearly looking for the trip

Not keen on the rest

seth

Unusual Suspect was the one I like going into the Melbourne Cup from the weekend. Looked to be winding up nicely for further while a few others seemed like they may have run their Grand Final.

Tullamore the second pick of the race and Lucas Cranach was slightly underdone so a huge effort and no real surprise to pull up lame (which won't be a problem). Can only improve.

Green Moon was huge but I agree it might find the Flemington straight tough to hold out.

Really keen to see the Geelong Cup for the internationals though as it's been a terrific indicator in the past when they've done well here.

I heard they want some cushion in the track so prefer MV.
Forecast is mid 20's then 28 for Geelong Cup,track will be a road.

seth

What about Dunaden, he beat Americain 1st up in April :eek:
Dunaden is not only my Geelong Cup horse, he's my Melbourne Cup horse.

Dived on the 40's that were on Betfair, just stupid odds for a horse that has better form then Americain had going into this race last year.

The tight track might be the only negative for Dunaden at Geelong, other wise I can't see him losing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a look at the Godolphin horses,Modun is the biggest horse Ive ever seen.
An absolute monster,LITM is a striking horse but is dwarfed by Modun

seth

ATM I have Booming at number 24 taking out the non runners.
Obviously a few can jump up but it leaves Tullamore out & Green Moon's only hope is to win the Lexus

seth

Got a look at the Godolphin horses,Modun is the biggest horse Ive ever seen.
An absolute monster,LITM is a striking horse but is dwarfed by Modun

seth

Hey mate, l know this is a different code but is he bigger than David "The Monster" Moss?

Hey mate, l know this is a different code but is he bigger than David "The Monster" Moss?

Thats a blast from the past.
Only saw him in the flesh once,hard comparing standies to thoroughbreds.
Reckon the Monster was taller,Modun is a huge package

Thought Illo & Lion Tamer worked ok at MV this morning of the Cup horses

seth

Have spent all morning watching race vision on all the internationals and reading race reports, breeding etc.

One horse ticks every box and just jumps off the screen at me.

Will give you a hint....he's already copped a weight penalty and is inside the top 24 on the ballot.

Watch some replays and see what you think!

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Emirates Melbourne Cup......nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back