Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011 Jumper Discussion

What is with all the yellow? One team wears a predominantly yellow guernsey in the league this year, so for next year you are proposing a third of the league wears yellow?

Adelaide, the yellow away just does not look good at all. Why is there a Brisbane style yoke? Adelaide has never used a yoke before, so it just seems a bit random. The placing of the Crow does it no favours either.

Brisbane, on the home I don't like the oval around the old lion. The clash, what's wrong with Fitzroy red? If you don't consider that 'light' then the colour combo you have chosen is the next best thing.

Carlton/Collingwood, perfect.

Essendon, you should get rid of the side panels, not needed and takes away from the sash.

Bulldogs, I like the dog on the home jumper, it's not in your face and a perfect little modern addition. Away, I like the idea of having an old school Bulldog, but the styling around it looks fairly bad.

Fremantle and Geelong are both good.

Hawthorn, I fail to understand how removing three stripes on the back of the guernsey fixes any clash. Hawthorns home guernsey is not dark, it is light, and using it completely destroys everything you are trying to achieve here. You are saying whoever wears dark, the opponent must wear light, so when Hawthorn play Brisbane, Adelaide, West Coast and Richmond, according to your rules, the will wear their light guernsey. Hawthorn will wear yellow with brown stripes and shorts, but the guernsey is still majority yellow, which clashes with every other light team.Their home guernsey needs to be changed to dark.

I like the Melbourne combo, but not sure about the silver, it is a failed experiment. But it does look nice on the computer, how it translates to on the field would be a big question.

North, Port, Richmond, and especially the Saints, are all perfect.

Your new Sydney is very nice.

West Coasts are a good idea, but keep the white and the old logo or work on your idea a little more.

Good job overall, just have a think about how much yellow you have chosen to use. And definitely rethink Hawthorns 'dark' as is it makes the whole thread pointless as it undermines your own set of rules. You can't use the same guernsey as light and dark. You have emphasized the fact that yellow isn't dark with the amount of light yellow guernseys you have designed, I like the all brown with yellow V the Hawks had a couple of seasons ago for a heritage round.

Alrite will do that and upload it here :)
Thanks Willo. Does that include my new rules and everything??

Yeah,pretty much. I like the concept, although I think forfeiting the match is a bit harsh, I guess it would never happen though, teams would be too cautious.

You're asking the AFL to apply some common-sense. That's the problem. It'll take the AFL probably another 5 years before they finally understand the concept of skins v shirts, and apply it. It took the AFL about that many years to originally try to bring in the clash concept and still bequeth to clubs' individual complaints and resistance. And they still got it wrong allowing teams to wear different designs/colors front and back of jumper (eg, St Kilda, Swans), or allowing teams to wear jumpers made up of too many equal color components (eg, Cwood 50-50 stripes both home/clash, etc).

The whole light color = clash is not gonna work given that some team's 'light' color is another team's 'dark' color. Predominantly white vs colored is the best skins-shirts concept.

West Coast Eagles 2011

I think West Coast need to be consistent with their colours, ie choose a shade of blue: navy or royal. I went with navy. Even though it is more widely used by other teams (Adelaide, Carlton, Geelong, Melbourne versus Brisbane, Bulldogs and North Melbourne), it just looks better. Looking at Melbourne's jumpers over the years, they changed to royal blue with the introduction of colour TV but since have returned to navy.

All of the jumpers include the iconic "wings" of West Coast's first AFL jumper.

Even though there are more clash jumpers than necessary, it just shows a variety of options.

Any comments? More teams to come...

They all look great man, can not complain about any but I am a little worried on the Hawks away, would not clash with any but it seems to similar to home. Not that it matters but yeah, quite similar.
Great job mate

Get rid of the Brisbane-style curve above the numbers (unnecessary IMO) and it's a keeper. Well done :thumbsu:

Yes, the back/shoulders panel doesn't work. And the gold/white mix at the end just feels wrong. Personally I'd like to see us keep both navy and royal blue... they both work in their own way.

why couldnt the eagles just have this
wce.png
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9168/wce.png
and if needed they could also wear royal guernsey and shorts at home and at grand finals where it looks better. but i think they need a darker guernsey playing at home, or the afl will make them anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why couldnt the eagles just have this

and if needed they could also wear royal guernsey and shorts at home and at grand finals where it looks better. but i think they need a darker guernsey playing at home, or the afl will make them anyway.

royal blue isnt dark?

why dont we just have the jumper everyone likes as home, and the yellow as away

oh and i agree with gibbsy about no brisbane style shoulder thig

Get rid of the Brisbane-style curve above the numbers (unnecessary IMO) and it's a keeper. Well done :thumbsu:

I was trying to modernise the design a bit and provide some continuity between the front and the back. But I can see where you're coming from; Freo got rid of the red and green on the shoulders of their jumpers this year. Anyway...

Sydney Swans 2011

I got rid of the red back on the home jumper, making it more like Sydney's jumper from 1987-91 - the first with the Opera House. The main difference is the red side panels.

A clash jumper may be unnecessary with this design, but I made one regardless. The jumper is the Swans' first predominantly red jumper (since the only other one in 1921-2) and also incorporates a horizontal stripe, which is reminiscent of the first South Melbourne hooped jumper from 1987-1904.

swans clash will need to have close to no red, as GC are the only team they will clash with

Like I said, the red clash jumper is essentially unnecessary. And I assume the home jumper would be worn against a red Gold Coast jumper. But if the home jumper is too red, how about this?

swans clash will need to have close to no red, as GC are the only team they will clash with

Gold Coast's design hasn't been finalised yet. And besides, Sydney could always wear the regular/home design against GC.

WTF did you do to Hawthorn, you terrible man

Those are some good designs pie_machine. I like your red Sydney clash.

What do you mean HSSB, you cant just come here and say shit like that with out backing it up with specific gripes with the jumper(s). I know taking three stripes off the back and re-colouring the cuffs does not really constitue a clash jumper, I should really made more of an effort with it, but Ive decided to use the light clash jumper with brown cuffs as the light home and Ive made a a version of their gold vee on brown as their dark clash.

I will compess that down into two words for ya HSSB "Constructive Criticism"

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back