Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011 Jumper Discussion

West Coast should drop Navy Blue and the St.Kilda style Jumper.
westcoasthome2011.png

Home

westcoastclashv2.png

Clash

My changes for 2011 (although I don't think many will happen).

Adelaide
Clash
Adelaide3-1.png

Based on SA jumper worn for heritage round but with some changes to make it different.

Brisbane
To have an updated version of their old lion
Brisbane1.png

Brisbane2-2.png

Brisbane3-1.png

The clash gets dramatically changed to be based off of the original Bears jumper. (the back of the yoke can stay, it looks nice)

Collingwood
Clash
Collingwood2.png

Get rid of unnecessary black bits.

Clash 2
For North/Geelong
Collingwood3-1.png

Essendon
Clash
Essendon3.png

Idea stolen from InCase

Footscray
As has been mentioned, the arrival of Western Sydney is a good time to go back to being Footscray instead of having 3 Wests
Home
Footscray1-1.png

The old Footscray jumper to return.

Away
Footscray2.png

The other old Footscray jumper to be used for away games.

Clash
Footscray3.png

The very successful VFA jumper to be used as a clash.

Fremantle
Pre-Season
Fremantle0-1.png

They should bring this back for Pre-season games (they wont though)

Away
Fremantle2-1.png

Purple haze to be upgraded to away jumper for Geelong, Sydney, Hawthorn and North Melbourne (if not their home).

Hawthorn
Home
Hawthorn1.png

Should go back to the plain yellow back, it looked better and eliminated all clashes.

Away
Hawthorn3-1.png

If they feel it's necessary to keep wearing this they should take the brown back off it so it stands out more.

North Melbourne
Clash
NorthMelbourne3-2.png

As has been said, they should go back to the V

Port Adelaide
Pre-Season
PortAdelaide0.png

This jumper was awesome and should make a return.
Clash
PortAdelaide3.png

Personally I don't like the white jumper but many people do so I don't expect it to change. Although I think this one was a lot better.

Richmond
Clash
Richmond3-1.png

Should use their training jumper/reverse pre season as a clash jumper

St.Kilda
Away/Pre-season
StKilda2-2.png

Their current clash jumper is VERY bland. This would do the job for most clashes but for the times it doesn't...
StKilda3-2.png

This should be used.

West Coast
Home
WestCoast1.png

I like their current home jumper but like many others I agree that this is far more "West Coast" and should be upgraded to their home jumper
Clash
WestCoast3.png

And this should be their clash
(although I'm still eager to see Smeagle's version of this idea)

PS: Sorry for the length, I haven't posted much lately though.

Fremantle have no changes, they probably have one of the best kits in the AFL.

fremantlehomev2.png

Home

fremantleclash.png

Away/Clash

I've quickly whipped one up for Footscray:

Home guernsey is just based on the Footscray home

Clash is the same as home but inverted colours

Why does everyone want to change the Bulldogs' jumpers? They're perfect IMO.

As for St Kilda, I would like to see the candy stripe make a return. One of the best jumpers we have ever worn.

The triple sash could also work.

As much as I like Ports new jumper I think this is closer to the old SANFL club.

portadelaidehomev2.png

Home

portadelaideclash.png

Clash

I love the home jumper but Eddie would have multiple conniption-induced brain anurisms over it!!!

Our new one is a modern day classic though and should never be changed. I like the symbolism of the Crows having the state colours and us having the state jumper design.

Adelaide Clash: Sort of has a German soccer team feel about it

2mgtx0z.png

Collingwood Clash: Wouldn't happen in a million years but I like the gold with the white (Roger Federer at Wimbledon style)

wcgzv6.png

Essendon Clash: Simple colour inversion and no sash on the back

xmkfo5.png

Melbourne Clash: Simple colour inversion

ie4106.png

Essendon have been told by the AFL they need to drop Red & Black and have a lighter coour as the main colour of their Clash jumper.
I'm predicting something like this, given adidas seem to make the clubs follow their existing templates. (See recent Collingwood and Adelaide jumpers)
Essendon-Clash-Concept.gif

The main 'Titanium' colour is the same as the colour of the plane in the logo.

Melbourne Demons 2011

In my opinion, the Melbourne jumper is one of the best in the league at the moment. The biggest thing wrong with it is the sponsors logo, particularly the Hankook one in the white box. The above jumper integrates the logos into the design more.

The current clash jumpers aren't the worst in the league, but I think they'd look better without the demon that looks like Batman.

The white jumper embraces the "Invincible Whites" nickname from before 1872 when the club wore all white.

The red clash jumper is simply a reversal of colours from the home jumper, but may not be necessary with the white jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne 2011
Home:

Clash:

So as you can see, Melbourne have made no changes to their home jumper as it is one of the best. For their clash, they have made their yoke blue and the rest of the jumper white. I'm pretty sure Gibbsy did a guernsey like this in one of the KOTW so apologies if it is exactly the same.

Adelaide 2011:
Home:

Clash:

Note:
The clash guernsey is the work of Crow Throw so I just copied it from the other thread and pasted it here. I only did the socks.

The home jumper I would've got rid of the Side Panels but I don't think thats possible because of the manufacturer. The clash is recoloured yellow

Brisbane 2011
Home:

Away:

Clash:

So as you can see, the fans wanted the "paddlepop" lion to be disposed of so they did and brought back the old lion. The home and away jumpers are the same as they were in '09 and the Clash jumper is now predominately white using the same style as the home and away

Melbourne before their famous red and blue were originally known as the "Invincible Whites" as they were very hard to beat:

Drawing on this I wanted to use this fascinating piece of history in a design. Obviously all white is just too plain, so I added a little bit of modern Dees to the guernsey, with a navy "V", and red occupying the space above it.
I also used the Redlegs as it is what Melbourne have become synonymous with.

2wq7w21.jpg

Melbourne Demons 2011

The white jumper embraces the "Invincible Whites" nickname from before 1872 when the club wore all white.

Clash:

So as you can see, Melbourne have made no changes to their home jumper as it is one of the best. For their clash, they have made their yoke blue and the rest of the jumper white. I'm pretty sure Gibbsy did a guernsey like this in one of the KOTW so apologies if it is exactly the same.

Looks like great minds think alike, good work fellas :thumbsu:

Essendon have been told by the AFL they need to drop Red & Black and have a lighter coour as the main colour of their Clash jumper.
I'm predicting something like this, given adidas seem to make the clubs follow their existing templates. (See recent Collingwood and Adelaide jumpers)
Essendon-Clash-Concept.gif

The main 'Titanium' colour is the same as the colour of the plane in the logo.

If it's going to be a silver jumper, it'll be something like this
EssendonClash1.png

The club wouldn't accept something like what you just posted.

Essendon Clash: I'm not big on logos being on jumpers but I think the Essendon logo is a bit of an exception because of its "V" design. I tried to make it look a bit 3D aswell by using the two shades of silver that are in the logo (the light and shadow) and continue them up the top and over the back like last years Dockers jumper. I think it works pretty well as a clash top.

24y757c.png

Looks like great minds think alike, good work fellas :thumbsu:

You're exactly right. None of these designs are revolutionary, and I don't think anyone is claiming that they are. But most of all, I think this shows that they don't need to be revolutionary; just simple designs that work.

Hawthorn Hawks 2011

I don't mind Hawthorn's current home jumper. It tends to get some criticism about the colours and the white number panel, but I'm not really opposed to either. But I think if the Hawks wish to continue using the current clash jumper, the back should be white instead of brown (which has already been suggested). However, I there are better options for clash jumpers for Hawthorn.

The brown jumper with the yellow vee is based on Hawthorn's jumper from 1934-49. A similar jumper was also worn as a Heritage Round jumper in 2003-4 and in the preseason in 2004-6.

The yellow jumper with the brown simply reverses the colours, and also is based on Hawthorn's jumper in 1933.

The white jumper follows the same pattern and provides another option for clashes, but would most likely be unnecessary.

Personally, I would like to see the brown with yellow vee jumper as Hawthorn's home jumper with the yellow as a clash jumper, but Hawthorn fans may be opposed to getting rid of the stripes.

Another option is to follow Collingwood's style of home and away jumpers: getting rid of the white panel and having striped designs with the home jumper predominantly one colour and the clash jumper predominantly the other:​

Any comments? More teams to follow...​

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back