Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011 Jumper Discussion

What I would do:

Adelaide: Home - Same. Clash - It's horrible but clash does the job.
Brisbane: Home - Same. Clash - Same as home but with white.
Carlton: Home - Same. Clash - Same.
Collingwood: Home - Same. Clash - Same.
Essendon: Home - Same. Clash - Black sash on red.
Fremantle: Home - Same. Clash - Same.
Geelong: Home - Same. Clash - Same.
Hawthorn: Home - Same. Clash - Needs to be either mostly white or mostly brown. White front with a brown back as it is now complicates things.
Melbourne: Home - Same. Clash - Red with filled blue V.
North Melbourne: Home - Same. Clash - Blue with white V.
Port Adelaide: Home - Same. Clash - Same.
Richmond: Home - Same. Clash - Inverted black sash on yellow.
St Kilda: Home - Same. Clash - Same (I'd like to see the red and black go round to the back though).
Sydney: Home - Same but with white back. Clash - Same but red and white swapped.
West Coast: Home - Royal Blue with yellow wings. Clash - Yellow with royal wings.
Bulldogs: Home - Same. Clash - Same.

This would solve all clashes.

They should be making the bloody Gold Coast style their jumpers to fit in with the existing teams!! Stuff em ;)

Having said that, some really good ideas.
On that sydney clash one, couldnt GC go majority yellow or blue so the reds of both teams wouldnt clash? And maybe keep the red banding around arms and neck, that wouldnt clash with the swans ones, especially if GC was yellow.

royal blue isnt dark?

why dont we just have the jumper everyone likes as home, and the yellow as away

oh and i agree with gibbsy about no brisbane style shoulder thig

true and i know the public would love it, but the afl might not

What I would like to see next year is Fremantle to bring back the three v's heritage design they have used. Use that design with a purple base and white v's as a home jumper and the inverse for a clash jumper. Like their training jumpers for this year. It gets rid of the anchor and the unneccesary green and red.

What I would like to see next year is Fremantle to bring back the three v's heritage design they have used. Use that design with a purple base and white v's as a home jumper and the inverse for a clash jumper. Like their training jumpers for this year. It gets rid of the anchor and the unneccesary green and red.
The anchor has become synonymous with Freo and to see it go would be a step back IMO.

2011 - should be Purple Haze as the home, and the white strip as the away/clash :thumbsu:

hawthornagin.png

What I see as a perfect alternative for the Hawks.
EDIT:Obviously an edit of Mero's kit so kudos to him.

The anchor has become synonymous with Freo and to see it go would be a step back IMO.

2011 - should be Purple Haze as the home, and the white strip as the away/clash :thumbsu:
Yep I agree with on the anchor issue. As much as Id prefer the tradional triple vee over the anchor, Ive gotten used to the anchor running out week after week.

Id say the same thing about the colours aswell. I wouldnt like to see Freo drop the red and green, they do look better in the purple haze but not enough better IMO to warrant going to just two colours. The odd mismatch of colours is something I would also like to see Freo sick with as home colours.

St Kilda Saints 2011

The current St Kilda home jumper has been criticised for the disparity between the front and back. The current clash jumper, while generally appreciated as a clash jumper, is quite bland.

The first jumper above is a compromise between the current two designs.

The second jumper creates a more symmetrical design with a mirrored version of the current home jumper.

The third jumper is another possible clash jumper.

@Alex3549: Come on man! They’ll look like jokers in it … lolx it should have rather been in some mixture of colors, what do you say?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond Tigers 2011

The first design is relatively the same as the current Richmond jumper.

An inverted clash design (yellow with a black sash) sounds good in theory, but ends up looking like a WA State of Origin jumper. Instead, the second design has a single vertical stripe. This design may seem reminiscent of Carlton's 1998 pre-season jumper, but it does have some elements of Richmond history. The first Richmond jumper from 1908-9 had vertical stripes; this was followed from 1910 to 1913 by jumpers with a single stripe. Both of these elements are represented in the predominantly yellow jumper.

The third jumper is predominantly white, but features the sash of the first jumper.

Any comments? More teams to come...

Away jumper, no way would Richmond ever get that past the supporters - my first thought too was that it's based on a Carlton jumper! Wouldn't mind seeing a horizontal bar though, like the 1910 jumper, but of course black bar on yellow.

Clash jumper isn't too bad. Definitely a design the club should look at.

Do think any clubs care what fans think about what jumpers they wear.

In the case of Richmond, yes! The two proposed clash jumper designs were put to a vote of members (conducted online).

I'm pretty sure Essendon would consult their members too, given that their club's constitution defines the jumper... Collingwood would be loath to change their design radically without consulting the fans.

Do think any clubs care what fans think about what jumpers they wear. Take Adelaide's clash for example nobody likes that and Brisbane's new designs everybody hates those aswell.

I think majority of the time it comes down to sponsors - especially with the interstate teams that dont have the heritage of the jumpers that the victorian teams do - oh and North Melbourne...;)

In the case of Richmond, yes! The two proposed clash jumper designs were put to a vote of members (conducted online).

I'm pretty sure Essendon would consult their members too, given that their club's constitution defines the jumper... Collingwood would be loath to change their design radically without consulting the fans.
Its not like anyone is going to change their tradional home designs, except Collingwood, they might add a few sponsor template lines to wrech their jumper even more. Away/clash designs are more a cash grab and to draw in the young kids, that is only going to be used for 3 years max, then they can design a new jumper to get more people to buy it.

I think majority of the time it comes down to sponsors - especially with the interstate teams that dont have the heritage of the jumpers that the victorian teams do - oh and North Melbourne...;)
Im guessing you dont count over 30 years of the Fizroy/Brisbane lion as a logo and over 10 years of this logo on a jumper as heritage then. Its good to clear that up then.

As much as I like Ports new jumper I think this is closer to the old SANFL club.

portadelaidehomev2.png

Home

portadelaideclash.png

Clash

North Melbourne Kangaroos 2011

North's home jumper is great and the current clash jumper is definitely not one of worst clash jumpers in the league at the moment. However, I think it would be better to return to a jumper similar to the clash jumper of 2007-8, which was based on North Melbourne's original jumper in the VFL. Not only does it maintain the royal blue, it better deals with clashes with other teams with stripes (Collingwood, Geelong). The white jumper with the blue vee provides a light clash option.

The anchor is WAY more unique than 3 V's. It's not as if Freo are in any sort of membership crisis like Port and Brisbane so they have no reason to make any drastic changes to their jumper. I prefer the purple haze to their home jumper but a lot of their supporters feel strongly about it so I'd leave it to them to decide.

The V's definitely shouldn't b used though as the Fremantle team that wore them has nothing to do with the new Fremantle except for their names.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back