2011 Official AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Outrageous gift run for the Pies in 2011 again.

They don't play one team that finished above them in 2010!

Eddie controlling the AFL again.

So weird looking at the draw after a flag.

Normally I could easily go through the list and go...."win, loss, loss, win, win, loss".

But now? You know you can't go all wins, but then it's hard to see who should be able to beat you. I'm sure Geelong fans know the feeling after so many years at the top.

I know we'll lose games. I'm just saying. It's a strange feeling. I'm betting Adelaide and Melbourne are two teams that will give us trouble just off the top of my head.

So weird looking at the draw after a flag.

Normally I could easily go through the list and go...."win, loss, loss, win, win, loss".

But now? You know you can't go all wins, but then it's hard to see who should be able to beat you. I'm sure Geelong fans know the feeling after so many years at the top.

I know we'll lose games. I'm just saying. It's a strange feeling. I'm betting Adelaide and Melbourne are two teams that will give us trouble just off the top of my head.

See ya Big footy.. i'm off again...

Bloody hell...

Collingwood, St Kilda, Geelong twice (and in Geelong for the 37th year on the trot) and two trips to WA before round 4. From a football POV it's as tough as it could possibly come for a side that didn't play finals. MCG once is bullshit.

Commercially, looks better than last year.

Collingwood have done well (not that it will matter that much).

If Melbourne don't play finals with this draw they are taking the piss.

deal with it. we have played sweet FA regular season games at the MCG for the last number of years.

dunno why people are whinging playing top sides: to be the best you gotta beat the best.
also top sides = top attendances = top dollars. its a double edged sword

I assume your talking about Sydney with the team that's roughly the same, we beat you 3 times this year. You can pencil in another 2 wins for us next year.

Yeah, but I was talking ladder position not head-to-head otherwise I could make the silly claim that Carlton were clearly better than St Kilda last year.

3 times?? You're counting the NAB cup?

Was it the back to back 15th placing that did it you reckon?

Such a simplistic view on this by a Collingwood supporter, what a surprise :eek::eek:

...nah, fits with the stereotype perfectly.

What I mean by respect chump, is how effective Brendon Gale has been in his position, making Richmond a stronger club behind the scenes.

Then you have Damien Hardwick who transformed the list completely in one year and managed to improve on the previous years performances with more than 1,200 games of experience out of the club!

Then you also need to consider how in that one year, a new coleman medallist was born, Martin (if eligible) could have won the rising star and other players such as Cotchin, Connors, Nason, Graham, Collins (lol), Edwards all developed a little bit more. Plus for once we have a rated coach!

Although it was a 15th finish (apologises for going off topic) it was one with a massive list turnover and development of young kids that gains us a little more respect.

Yet another dream draw for Geelong, no surprises there

How is it a dream draw for Geelong?

Considering the following:

6 Interstate trips only 7 at home

Play Collingwood, StKilda and Hawthorn twice

Only 1 game on free to air in the last 6 rounds (round 24)

Back-to-back interstate trips to Perth then Brisbane.

Back-to-back 6 day breaks leading into the finals

Carlton's draw is very nice :). Only four interstate games, one of them the Suns first game ever.

We play Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond, Sydney, Melbourne and St.Kilda twice. Given that we're always going to play Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond twice, they've given us two games against one team that was clearly better than us in 2010, one team clearly worse and one roughly the same.[/quote]
...only in the final, I take you back to the game at Etihad, clearly the better side one on the day ;) Suits me playing the Blues twice

Such a simplistic view on this by a Collingwood supporter, what a surprise :eek::eek:

What I mean by respect chump, is how effective Brendon Gale has been in his position, making Richmond a stronger club behind the scenes.

Then you have Damien Hardwick who transformed the list completely in one year and managed to improve on the previous years performances with more than 1,200 games of experience out of the club!

Then you also need to consider how in that one year, a new coleman medallist was born, Martin (if eligible) could have won the rising star and other players such as Cotchin, Connors, Nason, Graham, Collins (lol), Edwards all developed a little bit more. Plus for once we have a rated coach!

Although it was a 15th finish (apologises for going off topic) it was one with a massive list turnover and development of young kids that gains us a little more respect.

In conclusion, nobody respects Richmond.

Hawthorn travel 5 times ( including the last round ) and have a fairly difficult draw. Travel in the last round as well before finals. Joke

North Melbourne also completely screwed by the AFL on their draw.

No surprises, Carlton, Melbourne and Geelong have easy draws. What a farce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[...only in the final, I take you back to the game at Etihad, clearly the better side one on the day ;) Suits me playing the Blues twice

As I said earlier, I was talking ladder position not head-to-head.

Suits me playing you guys twice too. It guarantees a Carlton game in Sydney. I know it's not a happy hunting ground for us but I live just down the road so it's nice to go to a game by bus, rather than plane.

Saturday night at the SCG too. When was the last time that happened in Sydney? We played a night game at Homebush a few years back but I can't remember playing a night game at the SCG in a long while.

Gold Coast games in Melbourne...

Round 3 vs WB
Round 6 vs Ess
Round 23 vs Mel

Hmm.

Fixed.

Bulldogs have a great draw. While we do have to travel 6 times, we only play Saints, Cats and Pies once, and Essendon, WC, Gold Coast twice.
Don't have to go to the Gabba either which is always nice.
Also a pretty easy first few rounds. But after that a few tough ones.

North Melbourne also got an epic shit draw, I shit on them a lot in my posts. But its just unfair for them to be given such an unfair draw, how can they hope to draw any crowd when they play most of their games on Sunday?

Meh. If we're sitting around waiting for the AFL to give us a good draw then we may as well just pack up our shit and move to Tassie now.

The reality is that because of a variety of factors, notably historical ones out of every clubs control, we don't have a massive latent support base.

Eddie can flog off all he wants but the key reason why Collingwood has so many supporters is due to planning decisions made 150 years ago that dictated that the teeming slum on the Collingwood flat by the Yarra be where much of the populace was dumped when they got off the immigrant ships.

Had it been Moone Ponds Greek, not Merri Creek, the situation would be reversed.

So we can't just assume we'll get a good draw on the back of that.

But the reality is that the AFL does give successful teams better time slots and increasingly (this will be a key feature of the new TV rights deal) the stations will demand to get the interesting games rather than just the 'big sides'. Time after time its shown that people would prefer to watch two good teams, or two teams with some spice etc, than just the biggest supported clubs.

So it is in our control to an extent - we play good footy, we win games, we get a better fixture.

No point whinging about the draw.

good the bombers are playing in brisbane this year. it's pdd that the lions suns game won't be on fta apparently. it's a foxsports game

The draw once again proves that Collingwood dictate to the AFL who they play and when. For the premiers to get such an easy draw is insulting.

dont worry CNB - im listening - and i loves ya for mentioning 1990 in ya nic LOL.

as i posted in another thread, i believe in the richmond story going forward, because i really want to - i want to HATE RICHMOND like i did 30 years ago - i want to hate them being arrogant and winning - regretably its been basically 30 years of feeling sorry for them - feeling sorry for being run by a bunch of self serving incompetents from the top down.

i see we play round 4 - i wanna see the G full, with the tiges showing at least 2 wins, proving theyre on track to return to the power they should be - i wanna see them push the pies all day, proving they have returned and can make me HATE RICHMOND AGAIN.

make me believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Official AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back