2011 Official AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

8 games on FTA, 2 trips to Perth in the first month and a bye, AFL couldn't be more blatant about what they are trying to do, it was the Fitzroy treatment pre-implosion.
Rough draw for North but 'Fitzroy treatment' is a little OTT. We got 7 interstate trips in 2008 (including Tassie v the Hawks), we got 2 Perth trips in the first 4 weeks of 2009, as well as return bouts against all of the fellow top 4 teams from the previous year - after a couple of good seasons in a row we then got looked after in the 2010 draw. I have no doubt that North will get a better run with the draw if the results in 2011 continue the improvement showed in 2010.

At the end of the day the draw becomes irrelevent if the form is good enough - Collingwood had a much tougher draw in 2010 then they had in years but they rose to the challenge easily (nice H&A finish with 7 in a row at the MCG notwithstanding).

Rough draw for North but 'Fitzroy treatment' is a little OTT. We got 7 interstate trips in 2008 (including Tassie v the Hawks), we got 2 Perth trips in the first 4 weeks of 2009, as well as return bouts against all of the fellow top 4 teams from the previous year - after a couple of good seasons in a row we then got looked after in the 2010 draw. I have no doubt that North will get a better run with the draw if the results in 2011 continue the improvement showed in 2010.

At the end of the day the draw becomes irrelevent if the form is good enough - Collingwood had a much tougher draw in 2010 then they had in years but they rose to the challenge easily (nice H&A finish with 7 in a row at the MCG notwithstanding).

Good post, completely agree.

Sorry Victoria,but what is the AFL'S thinking with the interstate's teams byes.

Why would you schedule a bye for the interstate team,when the other interstate team plays away?

So in essence on 6 ocassions there is no AFL footy to attend ON A WEEKEND in SA,WA,QLD.

Why would you schedule a bye for the interstate team,when the other interstate team plays away?

So in essence on 6 ocassions there is no AFL footy to attend ON A WEEKEND in SA,WA,QLD.

There are 24 rounds and 22 home games - explain to me how you can have footy on in Perth every week of the season?

Keep rattling that cage

I hope North hold out and force the issue, and Collingwood are forced to take a clash jumper like every other club!

We have a clash jumper that works very well. I think oyu'll find it's North Melbourne who don't have an appropriate clash strip and thats where the problem is.

And I hope the AFL fine comes with a one and lots of zeros on it. Although I doubt the AFL will have the guts. Collingwood will just bribe North to wear an alternate strip.

Teams have a predominantly dark and predominantly light strip.

When we wear out home strip, and the Roos wear their home strip, there's the least clash. When we wear our clash, there's more of a clash because it's lighter and thus more similar to the light Roos strip.

There are 24 rounds and 22 home games - explain to me how you can have footy on in Perth every week of the season?

Keep rattling that cage

Exactly. This year and next year, Adelaide and Perth see 22 home games. Next year, this goes for Brisbane/GC too.

This year, there was a week off during the split round. Next year, the season is a bit more spread out with two weeks off, and they happen at different times for different teams/cities.

In 2012, byes are gone, and it might be more like what we are used to, but really there's nothing to talk about.

(Also, QLD has two games in rd 17, but that's not really what we're talking about...)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It great to see the AFL have help out that Homeless looking guy in his gold jacket this year, He has less travel from his cardboard box at the G and only a bus ride away from the away games

To make this draw fair, I say build a ground at Uluru and everyone must travel
He just sold that for charity for the Epilipsey foundation. Nice use of stereotype though, after living in Perth it's actually a good stereotype to fit the streets of Freo

[YOUTUBE]kUMwGWCP034[/YOUTUBE]

The writing is on the wall for norf.. your just about done if not already done in the eyes of the AFL.

And the pies look to have a nice cakewalk, love getting 4 hard games going into finals, should be good prep for another tilt :D

Yes I'm ****** spuing. 4 games at Aurora and 5 games away is a joke. 13 - 9 split is ludicrous. And just to think that some Hawthorn powerbrokers and members want us to play 5 or 6 games in Tasmania. Absolute disgrace.

I buy a 19 game membership and get my reserved seat only 7 times at the MCG becuase we only play 7 home games there. If some stupid ****s get there way we will be playing 6 homes games at the G and 5 at Aurora.

Lol loving your angst, but you need to realise that it's the Tassie sponsorship keeping your club afloat...no good moaning about the Hawks playing interstate games when they already sell half their home games interstate ...suck it up princess. :cool:

Not really.

We just sell games that wouldn't attract a good crowd in Melbourne and make a fortune out of it.

Aren't you guys looking into it?

Fair enough

The alternative would be to do what we do and not have Melbourne games that dont attract good crowds

Thats a better option for your members

We have a clash jumper that works very well. I think oyu'll find it's North Melbourne who don't have an appropriate clash strip and thats where the problem is.

The funny part about your comment is that you are serious. :thumbsu:

It's getting hard to keep track of all the things people hate about collingwood draws, last year it was easy run into finals, this year its easy start. Then there's the ever popular too many games at the G and that sensational chestnut don't travel enough. Add to that people don't like our clash strip and there are even some morons who despite it being covered extensively in a number of forums insist in believing that Collingwood forced the AFL to change the AFL logo to gold!

FFS what are you people on????? If you were 5 year olds I would say you were throwing a nice rowdy tanty but grown ups don't do that do they?. . . . .Do they????

The jury is still out in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Official AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back