2011 Official Draft Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ant, would you take a punt on Zyrus Manson? Hard to judge where he'll go. Looks raw and may have some cultural issues, but dominates at Colt and NTFL level.

Good leap, can take a mark, goal kicking can be 50/50, has no idea about the defensive side or general set ups, tends to just play the game as it comes.
Like Troy Taylor a few years ago he has real x factor but the problem may be keeping him in Victoria.

If you can harness the talent then he could be really good.

Turn it up, Jade.

Nason is a hack.

No way in the world Hird would be dumb enough to rookie him.

Good leap, can take a mark, goal kicking can be 50/50, has no idea about the defensive side or general set ups, tends to just play the game as it comes.
Like Troy Taylor a few years ago he has real x factor but the problem may be keeping him in Victoria.

If you can harness the talent then he could be really good.

Thanks. Watching the last quarter against Tiwi, he has a great leap and is KPF height. No evidence of any Buddy or Jurrah-like ground-level ability, as he out marks everyone at NTFL so easily. So hard trying to work out where he'll go, some are saying late first round, but that sounds too early.

True, but it seems like he's a calculated risk worth taking. Tall forwards with huge leaps are not exactly dime a dozen. No idea where he'll go, could be second round or it could be rookie draft.
I agree.

If we got him down to training (or if any Melbourne club did), and he coped OK with that, I'd have a lash with the PSD pick or a rookie spot.

Thanks. Watching the last quarter against Tiwi, he has a great leap and is KPF height. No evidence of any Buddy or Jurrah-like ground-level ability, as he out marks everyone at NTFL so easily. So hard trying to work out where he'll go, some are saying late first round, but that sounds too early.

I used to really enjoy watching the NTFL but i didn't realise it was back on.....i've scoured the abc guides with no luck.

Can someone tell me where and when is this on??

Think that in a weak draft that a club will take a chance on Manson - Maybe even EFC with their third pick.

Tend to agree, would be no shock to see us take someone like Little with the third pick and then maybe a couple of delisted players in the rookie draft.

I used to really enjoy watching the NTFL but i didn't realise it was back on.....i've scoured the abc guides with no luck.

Can someone tell me where and when is this on??

Apparently Fevola is playing this week in the NTFL - In the same team as Manson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Fevola is playing this week in the NTFL - In the same team as Manson.

Be interesting to see how Manson goes in the same team as Fev. If he's still kicking bags of goals recruiters will take notice. However, it's hard to judge how good he is - as he's so much taller, and his leap is so good. I want to see him play on bigger opponents, and see how good or bad he is once the ball hits the deck.

Chance of Hoskin Elliot slipping to #19, Ant? :eek:

Personally i think none but we can always dream.
Maybe Greene could slide but i doubt that as well.

Dream draft for me would be:
Grigg, Sheridan and Frost.
Inside mid, inside/outside mid with a big tank and athletic tall who is raw and has a lot to learn.
Maric and anastsio (spelling?) arevery ordinary afl prospects. I think collier and jetta are suffice at present.

Do you think Tweeddale has shown enough to fill that project tall role?

Whys that
He looks like another Nathan Fyfe but we will probably go for a natural mid

If you have seen him play 20 or so games over the last 2 years you would not say he is another Fyfe.
Sure he has a couple of tricks but he is inconsistent,rarely found when the heat is on and has never taken a game on and been a big factor in a win in any of the games i have seen him in.
On top of that he has to put on at least 12kg.

Skinny flankers who do not always show up do not excite me.

If you have seen him play 20 or so games over the last 2 years you would not say he is another Fyfe.
Sure he has a couple of tricks but he is inconsistent,rarely found when the heat is on and has never taken a game on and been a big factor in a win in any of the games i have seen him in.
On top of that he has to put on at least 12kg.

Skinny flankers who do not always show up do not excite me.

I have watched crozier for 3 years and I think he is overrated and I am not convinced of his natural afl position. I think keiran Harper has more talent and went in the mid 20s last year. I would only consider at 31. I am not convinced about tweedale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back