2011 Official Draft Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive had multiple looks at most of the players in this draft but is there something about Ross that makes him stand out to other people, he looks ok but not nearly good enough to go at pick 19 where i see alot better players available imo, can any experts like ant or any others give me more on ross and why we should pick him so early? cheers

His clean hands in close? His vision and awareness in close? His beautiful kicking skills for an inside mid not tickle your fancy?

TBH, I am his bandwagon driver for us
(oh, and the Markworth, Kerridge bandwagons too :p ), would have no problems taking him with 19/31!!

Ive heard you guys are into michael mascoulis or however you say it, albeit will be a later pick maybe even 77.

With picks 19 and 31 you certainly are going to get two good players. Either 2 good midfielders or a good mid and a small backmen in Tynan or Ellis that are both ready made and could add to your side for 2012.

His clean hands in close? His vision and awareness in close? His beautiful kicking skills for an inside mid not tickle your fancy?

TBH, I am his bandwagon driver for us
(oh, and the Markworth, Kerridge bandwagons too :p ), would have no problems taking him with 19/31!!

Not saying his a bad player just saying i rate a few higher, i like clay smith alot more yet i see him down the order? although wouldnt mind ross at 31 but not 19.

Having a look through some of the draft profiles on the AFL website, one kid certainly caught my eye: Matthew Haynes. Looks like he can be compared to Polec in many ways from last year; tall, line-breaking midfielder who can push forward and kick a goal or two.

Thoughts HFF/Ant/foj/etc? Is he a realistic possibility of being available at our first pick?

After seeing that video, I really like the look of him
Isnt he one of the 17yolds

I love the off season! Tradeweek over and straight into draft talk! ive had a look at highlight video's of some players

Mitch Grigg stands out for me, will he make pick 19?

also Taylor Adams, Sam Kerridge (plays alot like Bartel)

read previously people interested in Ross, me personally wasnt a fan and same with Markworth

but this is only watching highlight vids so i dnt kno anything besides that :thumbsu:

Ant, would you take a punt on Zyrus Manson? Hard to judge where he'll go. Looks raw and may have some cultural issues, but dominates at Colt and NTFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate Haynes in my top 12. Seriously underestimated on bf but not by tac watchers. He has a game that translates well to afl footy. I would think he wont be available at pick 19.

Having a look through some of the draft profiles on the AFL website, one kid certainly caught my eye: Matthew Haynes. Looks like he can be compared to Polec in many ways from last year; tall, line-breaking midfielder who can push forward and kick a goal or two.

Thoughts HFF/Ant/foj/etc? Is he a realistic possibility of being available at our first pick?

A terrific small fwd would be great but we ran out of midfield depth especially inside help for Watson and hocking. I just think colyer jetta reimers and davey are enough for 2012- just my opinion.

QUOTE=HFF_07;22623147]Would you like to see Davey played as a small forward for another season?

What would you think are our greatest needs based on your opinion?

Some people think a small forward is just as pressing as more midfielders.[/QUOTE]

I actually think we are in a position to just take the best available. We need another project ruckman but I wouldn't use pick 19 or 31. Not too many holes in our list.

I rate Haynes in my top 12. Seriously underestimated on bf but not by tac watchers. He has a game that translates well to afl footy. I would think he wont be available at pick 19.

Matthew Haynes or Nic Haynes? Matthew (the Knights one) is underaged and not eligible this year, Nick (the Dandenong one) is an overager and can be drafted.

If you're talking about Nick, I'm not sure I rate him that high, but he certainly deserves more attention than he's been getting so far.

Main concerns would be occasionally unreliable kicking (though as i understand he's relatively new to football, so this will probably improve) and his build, which is very skinny for a 19yo and he's got narrow shoulders which make me wonder how well he'd fill out.

Matthew Haynes or Nic Haynes? Matthew (the Knights one) is underaged and not eligible this year, Nick (the Dandenong one) is an overager and can be drafted.

M.Haynes will be in high demand come next year then, without a doubt.

So were Caleb Mourish (OK, he was prolly actually the next Buddy)/Liam Patrick/Zeph Skinner.

True, but it seems like he's a calculated risk worth taking. Tall forwards with huge leaps are not exactly dime a dozen. No idea where he'll go, could be second round or it could be rookie draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back