2011 Trade Prediction's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Coast slightly overpaying for Wellingham if that's the case. Then you'll have some Pies fans such as MM who feel it's too low. He's worth a mid to late first round pick this year. Is made to look better than he actually is because his skill set works so well in that unit. Wouldn't perhaps have the same impact in another team but not a case of "looking good because him being in a great team" but rather a perfect fit which is why MM (aside from him being a favorite) is entitled to feel the way he does. SW is worth more to Collingwood than he would be to another team.

Paul Bower > Fremantle
Fremantle Second Round Pick > Blues

Just a couple of questions to answer first (IMO)

1) Is he over his injuries
2) How does he go playing a shut down role (against talls and smalls)

Just a couple of questions to answer first (IMO)

1) Is he over his injuries
2) How does he go playing a shut down role (against talls and smalls)

I'll answer the questions, but what next? ;)

Bower has had ongoing upper leg soft tissue problems.
To my understanding the CFC had sent him away to try and amend his running gait in order to alleviate the issues.
He is still trying to put all the pieces together from mid-season.

The Bower of 2009 was a player that could take the Browns, Medhurst's etc.
An ideal rebounding HB tall flanker but can play KP when needed.

Talk from those better in the know, suggest that Carlton likes him and he likes Carlton, but until he has signed a contract, he hasn't.

I'll answer the questions, but what next? ;)

Bower has had ongoing upper leg soft tissue problems.
To my understanding the CFC had sent him away to try and amend his running gait in order to alleviate the issues.
He is still trying to put all the pieces together from mid-season.

The Bower of 2009 was a player that could take the Browns, Medhurst's etc.
An ideal rebounding HB tall flanker but can play KP when needed.

Talk from those better in the know, suggest that Carlton likes him and he likes Carlton, but until he has signed a contract, he hasn't.

So in other words its a risk to take him with his injuries.

Harves has come out and said that we are looking for a shut down defender (as well as quick midfielders and a KPP). With the draft being compromised it is not necessarily a bad idea to trade this year and Bower could potentially fill a spot.

If he is past his injuries then a 2nd round pick may be good value for him

I really hope we dont go for M Clark and pay overs for him (I would rather Z Clarke be given more time)

A risk? It would be downright distasterous.

Just let him be for another year with us and we can revisit it thereafter. :)

So let him get over his injuries and find his feet again in the AFL, then trade him to us for a second rounder ;)

West Coast slightly overpaying for Wellingham if that's the case. Then you'll have some Pies fans such as MM who feel it's too low. He's worth a mid to late first round pick this year. Is made to look better than he actually is because his skill set works so well in that unit. Wouldn't perhaps have the same impact in another team but not a case of "looking good because him being in a great team" but rather a perfect fit which is why MM (aside from him being a favorite) is entitled to feel the way he does. SW is worth more to Collingwood than he would be to another team.

This guy, thinks he's gandhi.

His skill set works because it's awesome. he can kick goals. He's quicker than any Carlton midfielder. He can tag and win his own ball. His skill set would work for any side as he would get a game for any side. He is worth more than Gandhi here suggests.

He'd be a good fit for West Coast aswell.

Fremantle to chase and pick up 3 players (Fevola, A.Black and L.Davis). Fremantle to use compensation pick of Palmer and M.Johnson to lure these players to fremantle.

Freo to give it one last shot with Mcpharlin, Pavlich and Sandilands all getting on.

L.Davis replacing Hayden down back. They need a small defender which Harvey has said. They need a full forward and Fevola for nothing is what they need. A.Black also could be a very good tall forward in the future for freo, looking forward to see how he goes this week. He can also probably play ruck/3rd tall forward.

Fremantle to chase and pick up 3 players (Fevola, A.Black and L.Davis). Fremantle to use compensation pick of Palmer and M.Johnson to lure these players to fremantle.

Freo to give it one last shot with Mcpharlin, Pavlich and Sandilands all getting on.

L.Davis replacing Hayden down back. They need a small defender which Harvey has said. They need a full forward and Fevola for nothing is what they need. A.Black also could be a very good tall forward in the future for freo, looking forward to see how he goes this week. He can also probably play ruck/3rd tall forward.

If Freo did that I would probably slit my wrists.

If Freo did that I would probably slit my wrists.

Why is that?

Adding two AA's to your team and getting a young kid who has shown heaps in the VFL and also playing well today so far. He is also a key forward so is something fremantle need.

Wouldnt mind seeing this side next year, would go close to a flag.

Ibbotson - Silvagni - Duffield

L.Davis - Mcpharlin - Suban

Fyfe - Mundy - Hill

Mzungu - Pavlich - Mayne

Ballantyne - Fevola - Z.Clarke/A.Black

Sandilands - Barlow - Broughton

Morabito, Pitt, Deboer (tagging)

Would be a pretty hard side to stop i would think. Fremantle revealed some very good players in Fyfe, Z.Clarke, Pitt this year who i can all see taking another step or two again. Mayne becomes a 3rd tall forward which is his ideal position, not the forward target like this year.

Why would you not want this side. Pavlich, Sandilands and Mcpharlin dont have long in them and probably only one more year of good footy. Id give it everything i could if i was them.

I hope you're not talking about Aaron Black from North. Not happening.

Why is that?

Adding two AA's to your team and getting a young kid who has shown heaps in the VFL and also playing well today so far. He is also a key forward so is something fremantle need.

Wouldnt mind seeing this side next year, would go close to a flag.

Ibbotson - Silvagni - Duffield

L.Davis - Mcpharlin - Suban

Fyfe - Mundy - Hill

Mzungu - Pavlich - Mayne

Ballantyne - Fevola - Z.Clarke/A.Black

Sandilands - Barlow - Broughton

Morabito, Pitt, Deboer (tagging)

Would be a pretty hard side to stop i would think. Fremantle revealed some very good players in Fyfe, Z.Clarke, Pitt this year who i can all see taking another step or two again. Mayne becomes a 3rd tall forward which is his ideal position, not the forward target like this year.

Why would you not want this side. Pavlich, Sandilands and Mcpharlin dont have long in them and probably only one more year of good footy. Id give it everything i could if i was them.

I'm pretty sure that is what Brisbane said when they got Fevola.
I would look at Aaron Black if he wanted to come home, because as you said we could use a player like him and Freo were keen to get him in the draft but went for Fyfe instead, thankfully. Davis is really only intending to come back home when he has sucked himself dry at Collingwood. And Fevola is a risk a club like fremantle simply can't afford to take. We have young champions like Fyfe etc that need to be surrounded by quality people like Pav and Mcpharlin not Fevola. He may have turned his life around, but as a drug counsellor I think it is a very early call to say he is over his drink and gambling issues. and even if he is, his petulant dummy spits and unprofessional behaviour on field would also be a problem. apart from that I agree with you. And I am impressed that you would even spend the time thinking about Freo at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Brisbane paid Fev a shitload of coin. Fremantle will not have to.

I know everyone at Fremantle wants M.Clark and i can see them seriously targeting him. Would just be interesting to see Sandilands, Clarke and Clark all in the same side. I guess it will be similar to that of North with Goldstein, Petrie and HMAC.

I know everyone at Fremantle wants M.Clark and i can see them seriously targeting him. Would just be interesting to see Sandilands, Clarke and Clark all in the same side. I guess it will be similar to that of North with Goldstein, Petrie and HMAC.

Plus we have one of the best forwards in the competition in Pav running around in the midfield making a fool of himself. Not sure where our coaching staff are coming from but Pav at full forward needn't be totally disregarded as an option. who knows we may bring in some coaches next year who have some brains. I was impressed with port going out there and winning today. they must have known they were handing the 4th pick to the suns. shows your club has pride in there performance.

Hawks do it alright.....Hale in forward line (could be Mitch Clark),i remember Freo wanting Zac Clarke to play a midfield role not so much ruck....so could work out!

Plus we have one of the best forwards in the competition in Pav running around in the midfield making a fool of himself. Not sure where our coaching staff are coming from but Pav at full forward needn't be totally disregarded as an option. who knows we may bring in some coaches next year who have some brains. I was impressed with port going out there and winning today. they must have known they were handing the 4th pick to the suns. shows your club has pride in there performance.

I think Pav more as a CHF again, where he played when he was younger as a forward. Fev allows this also. Pav isnt required in the fremantle midfield when Mundy, Barlow, Sandilands, Hill, Suban, Broughton, Morabito, Fyfe are all up and running at there best.

I think Pav more as a CHF again, where he played when he was younger as a forward. Fev allows this also. Pav isnt required in the fremantle midfield when Mundy, Barlow, Sandilands, Hill, Suban, Broughton, Morabito, Fyfe are all up and running at there best.

He probably wouldn't have been required in the midfield this year as well if Mitchell had of tried Lower in there sooner when we were all wanting him too. Pav ended up being a liability for us in the midfield, a lot of it because he was carrying a foot injury. It deprived us of a forward option and offered us nothing in the midfield. He had a kicking efficiency worse than Schammer's. And his decision making was surprisingly found wanting on a lot of occasions.

Fix the midfield. Put Pav forward and recruit a young forward or try for a Clarke, would be just as viable as recruiting Fev without all the rubbish that goes with it. We haven't even given Anthony a proper go and from what I have seen of him from Subiaco, he likes to play up the ground and kicks well into the forward fifty. that's something else we should have tried this year before we even contemplate a Fev. But then he would have had no one to kick to because our forward line had Mayne, Ballantyne and McPhee. This is just my opinion. The club may decide to sign Fev up tomorrow.

Aaron Black? Geez um I'd only trade him for Fyfe or Hill from Freo and I'd suggest you would bailout at that.

What about black and wells for Fyfe and hill? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back