2011 Trade Prediction's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urgh. Missed this. Didn't want to post anything since I don't like spreading rumours, but since it has already been brought up.... I've heard the same rumour. Guy I heard it from is usually on the money as well, he tipped me off about us chasing Seaby well before the fact, plus a couple of others. Not a 100% strike rate, but certainly not a shit-stirrer either. :(

I reckon it would tear the heart out of Swans fans if we lost Reid.

Thats ok. We have 2 first round compo picks that im sure will ease the pain.

For Adelaide:

1) Mark Blake (Geel)

- Would be a handy edition to our ruck department if Ivan Maric leaves. With Moran set to retire, Sellar set to be delisted, Mark would make a handy ruck combination with Sam Jacobs and Kurt Tippett. Only 25, so potenially could get 4-5 year's out of him.
Be worth a fringe player, or late draft pick, maybe 3rd round??..

Will Young > Geelong
Mark Blake < Adelaide

2) Daniel Pearce (PA)
- Would look fantastic in the tri colours of the Crows. Also 25. Would look great in the same team as Graham Johncock. Has leg speed. Maybe the Ivan Maric move, with Port desperate to replace Brogan at years end?

Ivan Maric > Port Adelaide
Danyle Pearce < Adelaide

3) Shannon Hurn (WCE) Unlikley :thumbsdown:
- Although unlikley, he is out of contract and would be very disapointed if Adelaide didn'y have a look at him. The former Central District player, is 23. I believe his family is still located in Angaston SA. Huge left footer. Not sure what he would be worth at that age.
Maybe sort something out with the power so they get Brett Ebert or Jacob Surgan in the same deal.

Jacob Surgan / Brett Ebert > West Coast
Shannon Hurn < Adelaide

Second round draft pick (ADEL) > Port Adelaide

The Crow's should also strongly think abour recruiting Brendon Fevola maybe as a rookie listed player as the Power did with Cameron Cloke.
Would take all the pressure off of Tippett & Walker.

F T.Walker B.Fevola J.Porplyzia

HF C.Knights/I.Callinan K.Tippett M.Wright

Look's good, doesnt it. We would have 4 players, Walker/Fevola/Porplyzia/Tippet capable of kicking 5 goals a game, every game.
Would take number 1 defender of Tippett everyweek allowing him to take second best with Walker 3rd Best.
Try this..... Look at every team's 3rd best defender and see how it would look on paper against Walker. Then of course you would have the Porpa to.
- Think its worth a shot might get 2-3 years out of him, think he would be worth more then what Wayne Carey did, could also help Tippett on his kicking IMO

Shannon Hurn < Adelaide

So essentially, the Crows are giving up only a second round selection (which is worth two pinches of shit this year, mind you)... and are going to receive Shannon Hurn.

I'm sure WCE would be delighted to receive Ebert and Surjan as direct replacements for the young/talented Hurn :eek::thumbsdown:

@Teddy

The first option seems plausible with pearce swap for maric, but maybe adelaide would need to offer a sweetner to get pearce like a 2nd round pick...

Not a massive fan of getting ebert or surjan as we have similiar players who are probably better in the likes of Lecras and plenty of small backs in smith, selwood, waters and butler.

If hurn wanted to leave, bearing in mind he was a 1st round pick i'd be pushing for something similiar from adelaide. Probably a vince or sloan and i doubt you want to part with either of them but you've gotta give something to get something.

For Adelaide:

1) Mark Blake (Geel)

- Would be a handy edition to our ruck department if Ivan Maric leaves. With Moran set to retire, Sellar set to be delisted, Mark would make a handy ruck combination with Sam Jacobs and Kurt Tippett. Only 25, so potenially could get 4-5 year's out of him.
Be worth a fringe player, or late draft pick, maybe 3rd round??..

Will Young > Geelong
Mark Blake < Adelaide

2) Daniel Pearce (PA)
- Would look fantastic in the tri colours of the Crows. Also 25. Would look great in the same team as Graham Johncock. Has leg speed. Maybe the Ivan Maric move, with Port desperate to replace Brogan at years end?

Danyle Pearce < Adelaide

3) Shannon Hurn (WCE) Unlikley :thumbsdown:
- Although unlikley, he is out of contract and would be very disapointed if Adelaide didn'y have a look at him. The former Central District player, is 23. I believe his family is still located in Angaston SA. Huge left footer. Not sure what he would be worth at that age.
Maybe sort something out with the power so they get Brett Ebert or Jacob Surgan in the same deal.

Shannon Hurn < Adelaide

The Crow's should also strongly think abour recruiting Brendon Fevola maybe as a rookie listed player as the Power did with Cameron Cloke.
Would take all the pressure off of Tippett & Walker.

F T.Walker B.Fevola J.Porplyzia
HF C.Knights/I.Callinan K.Tippett M.Wright

Look's good, doesnt it. We would have 4 players, Walker/Fevola/Porplyzia/Tippet capable of kicking 5 goals a game, every game.
Would take number 1 defender of Tippett everyweek allowing him to take second best with Walker 3rd Best.
Try this..... Look at every team's 3rd best defender and see how it would look on paper against Walker. Then of course you would have the Porpa to.
- Think its worth a shot might get 2-3 years out of him, think he would be worth more then what Wayne Carey did, could also help Tippett on his kicking IMO
1. There is no way we would draft Fevola.
2. Danyle Pearce is still contracted to Port and Port would want more than Maric for him.
3. Where is Gunston in that forward line?
4. Port would not give up two players for our 2nd rond draft pick.
5. We don't need or want Blake. We have Jacobs, Tippett and Maric to do our ruck work. I would rather us draft or trade for a young ruck to develop as a back up to our current rucks.

What about....

Shannon Hurn > Adelaide
Brodie Martin + 2nd Round Draft Pick < West Coast

Or Rory Sloane (pick 44 in 08) + your first rounder/ compo pick for phil davis

Or Bernie Vince (pick 32 in 05) + your second rounder.

Hurn was pick 13 in 05 and is one of the best rebounding defenders in the AFL you can't just give away fringe players to get quality players.

1. There is no way we would draft Fevola.
2. Danyle Pearce is still contracted to Port and Port would want more than Maric for him.
3. Where is Gunston in that forward line?
4. Port would not give up two players for our 2nd rond draft pick.
5. We don't need or want Blake. We have Jacobs, Tippett and Maric to do our ruck work. I would rather us draft or trade for a young ruck to develop as a back up to our current rucks.

Pearce is out of contact at Port Adelaide, would have more opportunity's at Adelaide.
Gunston I personally this work work his way off a wing next year with Porplyzia coming back in, he is also uncontracted and might as to be traded.
With the Port trade Ebert / Surgan it would be one or the other and not both.
Maric is likley to ask to be traded else where next year. With Sellar likley to be delisted, and Moran to retire what would happen if Jacobs does his knee round 1 next year?

Hurn was pick 13 in 05 and is one of the best rebounding defenders in the AFL you can't just give away fringe players to get quality players.

Ok... we will try again.....

Shannon Hurn (Pick 13 2005) > Adelaide
Richard Douglas (Pick 16 2005) + 3rd Round Draft Pick < West Coast

There is absolutley no way we would give up an A+ Grade mid, for a A- Back Pocket Defender.

Pearce is out of contact at Port Adelaide, would have more opportunity's at Adelaide.
Gunston I personally this work work his way off a wing next year with Porplyzia coming back in, he is also uncontracted and might as to be traded.
With the Port trade Ebert / Surgan it would be one or the other and not both.
Maric is likley to ask to be traded else where next year. With Sellar likley to be delisted, and Moran to retire what would happen if Jacobs does his knee round 1 next year?
Pearce is contracted until the end of next season.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...weigh-up-options/story-e6freco3-1226059963259

Paul Bower > Fremantle
Fremantle Second Round Pick > Blues

Others that I could be on the way out at the Blues:

Russell
Armfield
Hampson
Joseph
McLean
O'hAilpin
Thornton

Ok... we will try again.....

Shannon Hurn (Pick 13 2005) > Adelaide
Richard Douglas (Pick 16 2005) + 3rd Round Draft Pick < West Coast

There is absolutley no way we would give up an A+ Grade mid, for a A- Back Pocket Defender.

Sorry but Vince is not A+... you don't drop A+ mids!

West coast need line breaking mids or kpd. Douglas is a midfield stopper.

I see why trades don't get done. Adelaide seem to have plenty KPF's why wouldn't you put one of them up for trade to a team that needs one like freo, carlton or north.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously mate, once a player has been drafted, unless the AFL is involved, where they were drafted years ago really does mean **** all. Vince and Hurn are both worth 1st rounders in their own right, the extent of that 1st rounder, I am not sure. As for Sloane, he would be getting towards a 1st rounder aswell, so it really doesn't mean anything unless your getting compensation from the AFL. Dane Swan was pick 58, Montagna was 37, heck Hird was like 80. Once they've been drafted it goes on what they've shown, not on what they've been expected to show.

Shannon Hurn is no way near worth Rory Sloane, probably isn't worth Vince either, Vince however is a little more realistic.

Carlton supporters what would you be asking for Jordan Russell, would 2nd rounder get the job done?

Seriously mate, once a player has been drafted, unless the AFL is involved, where they were drafted years ago really does mean **** all. Vince and Hurn are both worth 1st rounders in their own right, the extent of that 1st rounder, I am not sure. As for Sloane, he would be getting towards a 1st rounder aswell, so it really doesn't mean anything unless your getting compensation from the AFL. Dane Swan was pick 58, Montagna was 37, heck Hird was like 80. Once they've been drafted it goes on what they've shown, not on what they've been expected to show.

I just put it in for some perspective, don't be a douche and get aggressive about a discussion about a trade that will never eventuate!

FWIW it does carry a fair bit of weight actually when discussing young players. If a top ten draftee plays a couple of good games (Butcher) everyone goes mental as your combining percieved talent with performance. When Cam Pederson (rookie draft) had some great games mid season it barely raised an eyebrow.

Shannon Hurn is no way near worth Rory Sloane, probably isn't worth Vince either, Vince however is a little more realistic.

Carlton supporters what would you be asking for Jordan Russell, would 2nd rounder get the job done?

somewhere between pick 15-25 i would think...so late first rounder..
Maybe a bit later

Just my opinion.

wont be traded. loves the club to bits and its his love for the club that made him decide that he wasnt fit enough for AFL footy after his injury interuppted preseason, and to drop him to the VFL until he regained fitness. Is crucial to carltons team, and a very good player when fit (2nd in B&F last year.

wont be traded. loves the club to bits and its his love for the club that made him decide that he wasnt fit enough for AFL footy after his injury interuppted preseason, and to drop him to the VFL until he regained fitness. Is crucial to carltons team, and a very good player when fit (2nd in B&F last year.

Agreed. The only case that would see JR get traded would be to secure a gun (ie packaged to land Butcher). Other than that, with a full pre-season under his belt, expect to see him back to his best as an integral part of the Blues backline in 2012.

Daniel Pearce (PA) Would look fantastic in the tri colours of the Crows. Also 25. Would look great in the same team as Graham Johncock. Has leg speed. Maybe the Ivan Maric move, with Port desperate to replace Brogan at years end?

Danyle Pearce < Adelaide

You're kidding right?

BTW, Hurn is a gun player, would take a bloody good deal for the Eagles to let him go.

He certainly is.

It would take more than Vince in a trade and I would spew if the club was so stupid.

Hurn is a gun and worth alot more than Sloane or Vince.

Love to get Hurn to Collingwood despite technically not needing him. Big fan.
Have you read the recent "rumour" about Wellingham?

Wellingham for our first pick???

I suppose it depends if there is someone the club really wants at pick 20ish but I think Wellingham would be a good fit at WC.

Have you read the recent "rumour" about Wellingham?

Wellingham for our first pick???

I suppose it depends if there is someone the club really wants at pick 20ish but I think Wellingham would be a good fit at WC.

Not the best person to speak too about trading Wellingham. He's one of my favorites.

West Coast's first round pick far too low, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back