2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm hearing some whispers about Setanta coming aboard.

I honestly do not know how we could utilise his skills ?

Maybe as an interpreter for Pearce & Niall ?

LOL! - Please no. I think it would seriously undo all the good work Kerr has done in trade week.

Fair point. But just can't see how he would add much value to us. Would be a list clogger going forward.

Also Carlton would probably want pick 8 for him. :confused:

I remember Karnezis and Retzlaff getting pretty burnt out towards the end of the year. If he could come in for 5-10 games and offer a target up forward and relieve the younger guys for a week here and there, I think it would help them play close to a full season. As I said though, only as a rookie on low coin. I don't see why he'd move interstate for that.

In saying that though, there's probably another 10 better players around who we could look at for the same purpose.

Haha fair call, but I think they were more keen on Renouf because he is younger and I'd rather Renouf than Seaby
Was disappointed that we didn't secure Renouf instead of Port. We need an extra ruck more then a forward (Tippet). Maybe Instead of chasing the Crows Tippet we could get GWS to list and on trade Joel back to us for Power. He over came his injuries this year and played a few games for the Suns and is still only 22. At 197cm could be groomed as a key position defender that swings into the ruck to help out and was meant to be just as skilled and talented as his brother. Much cheaper option for us and leaves us with picks 8 and 12 to maybe secure Billy Longer. Just my thoughts.

He's not that bad

Adds depth to our squad and he will come cheap - he would be a good back-up-plan

We could have a go at Goddard just for the LULZ :D

He probably had his best game against us when he kicked 4 goals.

Goddard! If only...GWS will be right into him over the next year when he becomes a free agent.

I'm hearing some whispers about Setanta coming aboard.

I honestly do not know how we could utilise his skills ?

Maybe as an interpreter for Pearce & Niall ?

Those whispers on TWR?- mentioning pick 52 or 70.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lmao :D

For pick 70 in a *** draft it's a good backup plan

Possibly,... I'd been joking about the Bombers picking him up.after it was reported Hird & him having Coffee at the Docklands... When this came through it actually spooked me......been laughing since..

I've seen footage of the guy at training, we dont want him kicking Browny in the jatz

If we recruit Lisle and Hudson there would be no point in trading for setanta He adds a bit of depth but.....he sucks and he would only take up space on our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back