2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

doggies agree to trade Hudson for pick 1000
we agree to send Power to GWS for similar
GWS hand over Spurr to Doggies

Love it if we got a decent long term prelist prospect out of it though.

Interesting that Essendon may need pick 8 to get Caddy. I would be pretty keen to do a trade similar to Carlisle and 19 for pick 8.

It would have to be someone under 24 who would slot into the best 22. The Lions don't have to do a trade but if Essendon want 8 they'll have to offer something pretty good.

Realistically probably one of Hooker or Gumbleton and Jenkins. If they want to go to Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are Essendon targetting us. First they wanted our compo pick, now they want 8. Do they think we are easy pickings?

Unless they offer us something stupidly good, walk away!

It's mostly media speculation but they will probably need a top 10 pick to get Caddy. So they need to deal with Port, Brisbane or GWS.

What's everyone's aim/hope for today?

I'd love to see us:
Get the Lisle deal finalized
Bag a prelisted player in the Power deal
Either get Hudson or squeeze Jenkins out of Essendon using a late pick (50+, but this won't happen)
And also try to get McAffer from the pies for one of our picks in the 30s

If these things happen by 2pm, I reckon I'd ask for Kerr to allocate himself a guernsey number for 2012, and then get it proudly put onto the back of my lions jumper. I think number 1 is vacant....

What about a 3-way trade

Gold Coast:

IN: Pick 12
OUT: J.Caddy

Brisbane

IN: Pears + Pick 19
OUT: Pick 12

Essendon

IN: Caddy
OUT: Pears + Pick 19

OR

Brisbane

IN: K.Tippett
OUT: Pick 8 or 12 + J.O'Brien

Adelaide

IN: Pick 8 or 12 + J.O'Brien
OUT: K.Tippett

Which one would be better??? Thoughts???

In amongst all the talk about who we are likely to trade in (?Lisle to Senior list; ?Hudson to Rookie list), is there any indication about anyone we might still be looking to trade out?

By my calculations, with Clark & Power likely going today, there will be seven vacant spots on the senior list. Lisle is likely to get one if the rumours are true, leaving six spots. We have three rookies that must be either elevated to the Senior list, or delisted and possibly re-rookied in the rookie draft if no-one else grabs them in the meantime (Dyson/McKeever/Golby).

I can see the Lions using all of their available picks up to 34 (ie 8, 12, 29, 30 and 34), after using one for Lisle, so it seems likely that we will draft four.

So either we lose one or two of the current rookies, or we delist/trade off one or two marginal senior list players for high picks that we probably won't use, just to help them to another club.

Any likely candidates?

Geoff Walsh on TWR just dismissed any talk of Beams as being manufactured.

Twitter:

AFL_PKeane Patrick Keane
Mon 17/10. Trade p/work lodged. Hawthorn exchange Jordan Lisle to the Brisbane Lions for its Priority Selection (currently number 29)

Another thought - if we trade for Hudson, does he automatically go onto the Lions Senior list, or can he be allocated to the Rookie list?

Obviously, from the Rookie list, he can be elevated anytime due to Staker being on the LTI list. But does he actually need to be picked up in the Rookie Draft in order to get him as a rookie?

Rather interesting trade

Trade p/work lodged.Frem exchange Rd 2 (38), Rd 3 (56) to Hawthorn for its Priority (on-traded 29), Rd 3 (on-traded 58), Rd 4 (on-traded 71)

I don't quite work out the logic behind that one. In fact, that makes zero sense whatsoever from a Hawthorn perspective. :confused:

Anyone help me out?

Wonder what's going on here:

Patrick Keane
Trade p/work lodged.Frem exchange Rd 2 (38), Rd 3 (56) to Hawthorn for its Priority (on-traded 29), Rd 3 (on-traded 58), Rd 4 (on-traded 71)

Maybe it has something to do with the previously listed player GWS promised to Freo as part of the 25/20 trade? *scratches head*

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back