Mega Thread 2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brisbane get pick 6 from a trade with Port, and I see Adelaide demanding that in return for Tippett. Though, I doubt any dealings with Port will happen, so I think we will want something like Pick 8 + (either your PP or CP). Not saying that is reasonable or anything, but I'd imagine that is what we'd originally ask for (ignoring the inquiries into Redden and Polec of course).

What's the media's theory behind Tippett wanting to come home?

From what I can gather it is based on "homesickness". I can't understand how Tippett is homesick now but not when GC were offering him serious coin just 12 months ago. Is there something I'm missing?

The only reason Adelaide would get rid of him would be that he is homesick (which I think is BS), he doesn't get along with the coach (hasn't played a game under Sanderson), or they are genuinely concerned he will leave next year for a 2nd round pick.

All in all I call BS, Tippett will be at Adelaide next year.

My two cents worth.

Rather keep our first round pick this year....

Happy to leave Tippet where he is for next year, then re-asses the situation, and if he is suitable, trade him for a 2nd and 3rd round pick (as has been reported numerous times as being in his contract) if he comes in at the right price and looks a likely fit for 2013....

What's the media's theory behind Tippett wanting to come home?

From what I can gather it is based on "homesickness". I can't understand how Tippett is homesick now but not when GC were offering him serious coin just 12 months ago. Is there something I'm missing?

GC are out of the hunt because of all of the front end loaded contracts on guys like Bock, Harbrow, Brennen Etc. then there is Karmichael who is on massive dollars. Outside of that they don't want to take on another big contract like Tippett now because next year when the young guys like Mckenzie, Bennell, Swallow and the like come out of contract they want the cash do be able to keep them from other clubs. Basically GC cannot afford him now as much as they would like him, it was last year when they did their big senior player recruitment drive when they went after him hard not possible now.

Rather keep our first round pick this year....

Happy to leave Tippet where he is for next year, then re-asses the situation, and if he is suitable, trade him for a 2nd and 3rd round pick (as has been reported numerous times as being in his contract) if he comes in at the right price and looks a likely fit for 2013....

I reckon if we wait till next year, he will be Gold Coast bound. This might be our best chance.

Geez he'd fill a major need and then we could go into the 2012 superdraft with a full complement of picks and really start plugging some gaps.

Bris Get: (2 of the 3)Mayne, Suban, Duffield and Pick 16 (that is what voss demands)
Freo gets: Clark and pick 34

Bris get: Tippett
Adel Get: Pick 16 and bris player
( dont think the tippett deal will happen)

Thoughts..

Bris Get: (2 of the 3)Mayne, Suban, Duffield and Pick 16 (that is what voss demands)

Would be stoked with 16 and Mayne for Clark and 34. I think it's at the upper end of what's possible though. We'll see.

Hard to give thoughts on your Tippett suggestion with your rather nebulous reference to "a Brisbane player".

yah true. im a fan mayne i do think he could fit in with bris, personally i think vossy is asking to much but it will be nutted out this weekend when they meet. any thoughts on who we will target in ruckman division, we need 1 decent one to back up leunberger and another 1 or 2 youngster on the list

Bris get: Tippett
Adel Get: Pick 16 and bris player
( dont think the tippett deal will happen)

Thoughts..

I don't mind that trade I think Adelaide we will demand the pick 8 personally but if its pick 16 maybe and a player maybe O'Brien as a part that deal?

Tippet is capable of big games I have seen him monster defenders with his size and athleticism he is a gun. This season I think he's low output is lot like Clark under performing with us, Tippet wants to return home and I think we should be working bloody hard on a deal to get him up hear.

Hard to give thoughts on your Tippett suggestion with your rather nebulous reference to "a Brisbane player".
We'll its hard to describe which player when adelaide are losing players from their backline, mid and foward line, they could ask for anyone

I don't mind that trade I think Adelaide we will demand the pick 8 personally but if its pick 16 maybe and a player maybe O'Brien as a part that deal?

Tippet is capable of big games I have seen him monster defenders with his size and athleticism he is a gun. This season I think he's low output is lot like Clark under performing with us, Tippet wants to return home and I think we should be working bloody hard on a deal to get him up hear.
O'brien makes sense since he is a adelaide kid and we do have plenty of yound midfield talent so losing O'brien wont be a huge blow. voss might sweeten the deal with another pick since we have shit loads of them but dont think no.8 will be going anywhere!

yah true. im a fan mayne i do think he could fit in with bris, personally i think vossy is asking to much but it will be nutted out this weekend when they meet. any thoughts on who we will target in ruckman division, we need 1 decent one to back up leunberger and another 1 or 2 youngster on the list

I know I sound like a broken record player here:D but we should go for Rhys Stanley from St Kilda!!!
He would be quicker off the mark than Mitch and is the exact same type of player and we would have to pay as much as we would for tippett who Rhys is simliar to as well... Another plus is he is 3 years younger than tippett and Clark.

I reckon we could get him with our early 30 pick... would be good get...

I know I sound like a broken record player here:D but we should go for Rhys Stanley from St Kilda!!!
He would be quicker off the mark than Mitch and is the exact same type of player and we would have to pay as much as we would for tippett who Rhys is simliar to as well... Another plus is he is 3 years younger than tippett and Clark.

I reckon we could get him with our early 30 pick... would be good get...
I really dont know much about rhys so i dont really know if hes a good pick up compared to tippett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon if we wait till next year, he will be Gold Coast bound. This might be our best chance.

Geez he'd fill a major need and then we could go into the 2012 superdraft with a full complement of picks and really start plugging some gaps.

Sorry,

Was really just posting an attempt at a typical "PSD" threat reverse troll type of comment....besides, if we have to use pick 8, we don't get to shaft the Crows!!:p

Yeah, I'd take Tippet now for sure....

Would only go for Stanley if the right deal came up and now with the Saints looking to rebuild I don't think Stanley will go on the trading block unless he asks to be traded which he hasn't.

have we not learnt from the 2009 trade week both Tippett and Beams are good players but would we be robbing our teams future if we trade for both
if it was my choice I would choose Beams out of the two as our forward line could be fixed in the darft and if we get Beams i can see us draft one more midfielder with our first Pick maybe Will Hoskin-Elliot or Toby Green who would be the perfect replacement for Luke Power and the rest of our Picks would be used on KPP's

Rolf robbing the team of its future if we trade for Beams or Tippett who are both young and would get 8+ years worth of football out of them.

Agreed, Tippet and Beams bring heaps to the table and both are under 24 perfect age bracket for our list

have we not learnt from the 2009 trade week both Tippett and Beams are good players but would we be robbing our teams future if we trade for both

Beams is from the same draft as Rich, Redden, Rockliff and Banfield. Should we be looking to offload them for draft picks as well?

I love draft day as much as anyone, but geez some people overrate draft picks around here. It's nice to assume all draft picks are guaranteed bonafide stars but it doesn't work like that.

Beams and Tippett are both known AFL quantities whose ages certainly fit our list profile. Happy to take some sure things.

I may be more risk adverse but if I was in the market for a car and was presented with the following choices:

A) $20,000 for a nice, new reliable Toyota Corolla.

or

B) $20,000 for a lucky dip ticket that has the following probabilities:
-15 percent BMW 4 Series
- 30 percent new Corolla
- 30 percent a 5 year old Barina that does the job,
- 25 percent a piece of crap Datsun 120B that will break down the second I drive out of the lot.

I'll take option A any day. It would be nice to have a crack at the BMW, but if I miss out on that, at best I will fluke a Corolla and end up where I started while facing a very good chance of ending up with something much worse.

I love Hadley, but at some stage he is going to get one horribly wrong. Considering our list I don't think we are in the position to pass up a guaranteed Corolla or two if they are available to us.

Beams and Tippett aren't Buchanan and X.Clarke.

The problem is that the history of trading tells us that more often then not to get a player to your club you have to pay overs both with salary and what you give the club in return.

The problem is that the history of trading tells us that more often then not to get a player to your club you have to pay overs both with salary and what you give the club in return.

Not always. I don't think Sydney paid overs for Mattner, Mumford, Kennedy, McGlynn etc.

In this case we may have players who are willing to sacrifice a bit of finance for the chance to come home.

Let's just assume for the sake of making these discussions worthwhile that all Brisbane supporters are on the same page in terms of not wanting to pay players or clubs significantly over market value. It's a safe assumption that none of us want the club to get ripped off.

personally i think vossy is asking to much but it will be nutted out this weekend when they meet.

Where has the perceptions that Voss runs trade negotiations come from? Lethal had much more control of the club than Voss ever had, but there was never the same scrutiny.

Where has the perceptions that Voss runs trade negotiations come from? Lethal had much more control of the club than Voss ever had, but there was never the same scrutiny.

And even if Voss was in charge of negotiations, I'd be more worried if he was going into negotiations without asking for too much.

And even if Voss was in charge of negotiations, I'd be more worried if he was going into negotiations without asking for too much.

"Nah, Clark's terrible. You wouldn't want to give us more than a 3rd rounder for him, surely? I mean, after all, you could well get him in the PSD for nothing!"

"Nah, Clark's terrible. You wouldn't want to give us more than a 3rd rounder for him, surely? I mean, after all, you could well get him in the PSD for nothing!"

"Yeh your right; but if you give us your 1st rd pick as well as Clark and we just give you our 3rd rd pick the deal can get done sooner Vossy!" "Think about all that extra time you could try and pick up Fevola again:thumbsu:"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back