Mega Thread 2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the plot thickens.... If it means we can snare Tippett, I'm all for it. As for his salary, I would be capping it at $500,000 myself as well, but he's the kind of player that I wouldn't be too disappointed if it was slightly higher. Figures of $700,000 are absolutely outrageous though.

I'd agree with Tetris. I capped Clark at $450k IMO, so Tippett would top out around the $500k mark given what he's shown to date.

Lol pick 8 and 16 for tippett.. they thought that was reasonable

Get used to it. From the Suns they wanted pick 4 and Sam Day.

That's essentially pick 3 and 4 for Tippett. :eek:

Lions seem to be in the box seat with the Suns more-or-less pulling out of this Tippett race. Will have to give up a lot to get him, since the Crows deem him a required player.

If Ebert goes to Port for their priority pick then WC may be willing to offer more to get Clark.

How so? Their PP is late 20s is it not?

With WCE having their first pick and Port's PP it makes it more likely that they'll offer a better pick than Freo than if they didn't trade Ebert.

They would be more likely to give away their first pick if they have another very soon behind it. Even though Ebert going to Port would make it harder for the Lions to get Tippett it will give WC more picks that they could offer.

Also they picks offered to the Lions could be either Port's PP or Freo's second rounder. I'm presuming Freo are playing hardball with their first round pick.

We would be happy with Redden.

Certainly take more than pick 8 to bag Kurt given he's contracted.

Crows can just wait until next year when Kurt moves to the Gold Coast the day after the Crows last game (similar to what Clark has done to the Lions this year). If I was the Crows I'd look to move him on this year before he demands a trade. The Crows have Walker and McKernan to cover for him.

I wouldn't hold your breath for either Redden or pick 8 especially given his ridiculous contract.

Crows can just wait until next year when Kurt moves to the Gold Coast the day after the Crows last game (similar to what Clark has done to the Lions this year). If I was the Crows I'd look to move him on this year before he demands a trade. The Crows have Walker and McKernan to cover for him.

I wouldn't hold your breath for either Redden or pick 8 especially given his ridiculous contract.

Undertsand your view point. This is why not likely at all a trade will be done. It is silly season after all.

Undertsand your view point. This is why not likely at all a trade will be done. It is silly season after all.

It's ridiculous that the media still think he is homesick even after they posted that video of him saying he'll see out his contract. Crows will be busy enough trading Gunston, Maric and Armstrong.

Would anyone consider trading Seaby from the Swans as backup ruckman should we lose Clark? Seams he's fallen behind Mummy and is looking for more opportunity. Could be a great mature, big bodied ruckman to compliment/backup Leui. And might only cost us late 20's/early 30's pick?

I'd prefer a ruck who is yet to peak instead of one who peaked 5 years ago but I think the Lions will need to get somebody to cover their loss unless they think McKeever can play second ruck which I think may have to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone consider trading Seaby from the Swans as backup ruckman should we lose Clark? Seams he's fallen behind Mummy and is looking for more opportunity. Could be a great mature, big bodied ruckman to compliment/backup Leui. And might only cost us late 20's/early 30's pick?

Would the Lions play both Leuenberger and Seaby in the same team?

Would anyone consider trading Seaby from the Swans as backup ruckman should we lose Clark?

I'd rather Jesse White if we didn't get Tippett than Seaby, which I admit is unlikely. From what I understand, White was disappointing in 2011, but I still recall White playing a blinder against us in 2010 IIRC and probably wrongly rate him based on one performance.:eek:

I'd probably ask the swans for a third rounder for White, no harm done if they said no

Surely his in this years top 22 spud team ?

No for me. Can't mark to save himself. Of course unless its the once in every 10 odd games he marks two in a row... then you hear from the sydney supporters... "told you he isn't a spud":rolleyes:... "alright num nuts" I always think:)

Clark. Think he will still go to freo for mayne and pick 16 and cant see this tippett deal happening. would love to see dayne beams at the lions but also dont think that will happen. But look out i think the lions will go on the hunt for a ruckman during trade week

Tippett would seem like a good replacement for Clark, so hopefully we can conjure up a deal to make it happen. I reckon it might mean on-trading a pick or two, but I think the future is definitely hinting at the usefulness of players who can fill that second-ruck/key-forward flexible role.

So does anyone think this tippett coming to brisbane is possible and if hes worth it??? Acorn, Retzlaff, Karnesis, Lester.. thats a pretty promising young foward line.

I think the future is definitely hinting at the usefulness of players who can fill that second-ruck/key-forward flexible role.

I agree.

However, I note that 2 of the top 4 sides this year played two genuine ruckmen. A few months ago, I thought that the forward-ruck was the most valuable position on the ground - very few of them and they were becoming an absolute necessity. I still think having a dual position ruck is a massive advantage in terms of your side's structure. But Geelong showed that, if the other 20 blokes in your side are good enough, you can carry two rucks. And West Coast showed that having the right two rucks can actually be an advantage. So I think there's still scope for 2 genuine rucks, but you want to get the right mix.

What I think is gone is the days of the spud 2nd ruck. You aren't going to get gifted games as the 22nd player selected just because you are a ruckman. If you can start at full forward and move into the ruck for 10 mins a quarter, you are going to be a substantially more valuable player for your side.

I think is clear is that football is moving towards more and more multi-position players. Genuine full forwards like Jack Riewoldt are expected to be able to contribute up the ground. Midfielders need to be able to kick goals when forward and perhaps provide some rebound if shifted back. I think that list managers are becoming more aware of the value of multi-position players. It is a reason why I think the Suns paid Brennan big bucks - perfect player for a side who didn't really know where its weaknesses were going to be.

It is also why I think Clark to West Coast would work, even if they have most of the tall roles covered. He is a multi-position player in the truest sense and those types have value on a list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back