A Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly an OC man Mr Puss, noted with due care and will listen to your reports from now on.

You got me!
And in other news, Scotchies fired up for an impressive 1 goal win against Vermont on the weekend. Looked pretty good. Hard to know which side was fielding the stronger team. Ressies, Vermont way to good. Handy depth at Vermont.

You got me!
And in other news, Scotchies fired up for an impressive 1 goal win against Vermont on the weekend. Looked pretty good. Hard to know which side was fielding the stronger team. Ressies, Vermont way to good. Handy depth at Vermont.

Vermont finished 7th last year and are WELL AND TRULY on the skids this year - D. Banfield is about as loved out there as a coach as big bro Pete is at Camberwell - would have been an interesting after match between the Scotchies and Eagles players trying to work out which of the two teams had the worst Banfield as their coach for 2011. Watch this space.

Vermont finished 7th last year and are WELL AND TRULY on the skids this year - D. Banfield is about as loved out there as a coach as big bro Pete is at Camberwell - would have been an interesting after match between the Scotchies and Eagles players trying to work out which of the two teams had the worst Banfield as their coach for 2011. Watch this space.

Just ran into my mate Gus who occupies the front bar at the Angel Tavern - he tells me Luxbet has issued the following odds regarding the first coach to get sacked. Short market at present:

Peter Banfield - 2/1 on
David Banfield - 3/1

heard xavier won by about 50 points vs mansfield.... in a team missing a few of the premiership stars

recruits hunter and williams showed a fair bit, whilst handley and goss both kicked 4 goals.

will smith smashed patty bowden keeping him to only 2 goals....

heard xavier won by about 50 points vs mansfield.... in a team missing a few of the premiership stars

recruits hunter and williams showed a fair bit, whilst handley and goss both kicked 4 goals.

will smith smashed patty bowden keeping him to only 2 goals....

Any other results? With only two weeks to go before round one I can't believe only one praccy game was played!! Surely there are others??

Any other results? With only two weeks to go before round one I can't believe only one praccy game was played!! Surely there are others??
The boys from Mackinnon Reserve in East Bentleigh via Keysbrah went down in a tight one to Beaumauris Sharks at Moorabbin on Saturday afternoon. Very scrappy, very B Grade. It was probably their best chance for a win this season.

The boys from Mackinnon Reserve in East Bentleigh via Keysbrah went down in a tight one to Beaumauris Sharks at Moorabbin on Saturday afternoon. Very scrappy, very B Grade. It was probably their best chance for a win this season.

So not much happened at all?

Xavier beat Mansfield - big deal
OH played Beauie and not much to report
OM's played Tassie? BIg deal?
Carey/Caulfield called off
Uni?
Collegians?
De La?
Scotch beat Vermont - yawn
OT's?
STBM?

Back to the tools....

Same Thomas Campbell signing on for OM's that left Scotch for the VFL? Or were there two players with the same name at OS?

Chazz - what are you referring to?

Caught up with Brett Voss yesterday down at Mentone - was in very good spirits despite Hayleberry's loss to the Sharks - he is expecting very big things from the Bloods this year - Lappa has them very fit and firing apparently - this is confirmed from my mate Alby who drinks at the Boundary on a regular basis.

So not much happened at all?

Xavier beat Mansfield - big deal
OH played Beauie and not much to report
OM's played Tassie? BIg deal?
Carey/Caulfield called off
Uni?
Collegians?
De La?
Scotch beat Vermont - yawn
OT's?
STBM?

Back to the tools....
According to their website, OT's had a hitout against Cora Lyn. I'm not sure who she is but apparently she won easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sense a few people are a little aggrieved about the lack of reports from the weekend. Practice matches mean very little so I will reluctantly report that De La played Marcellin and won by a margin you would expect between an A & B grade club. 18 yo Tom Humphrey from De La was a standout as was another youngster Brendan Close. Most of De La’s new recruits played and looked very impressive. As expected with a game in mid March plenty missing from both sides. I know a few people have written them off already but I reckon Marcellin will be ok this year. A couple of handy on ballers and they looked pretty fit.

I sense a few people are a little aggrieved about the lack of reports from the weekend. Practice matches mean very little so I will reluctantly report that De La played Marcellin and won by a margin you would expect between an A & B grade club. 18 yo Tom Humphrey from De La was a standout as was another youngster Brendan Close. Most of De La’s new recruits played and looked very impressive. As expected with a game in mid March plenty missing from both sides. I know a few people have written them off already but I reckon Marcellin will be ok this year. A couple of handy on ballers and they looked pretty fit.

Marcellin were rubbish, agree that both sides were missing a number of players but nothing could be taken out of that game. A De La "seconds team" had 8 goals on the board before marcellin scored.

De La will be better for the run under the new cockroach.

De La v Uni Blues this Saturday will give all and sundry an idea of where they are at?

Did Nigel Henley play for Vermont? Heard he might be a big out for them this year. Used to be one of their better players.

Did Nigel Henley play for Vermont? Heard he might be a big out for them this year. Used to be one of their better players.

Spoke to my mate Old Vic from the Burvale - NATHAN (not Nigel) Henley has left the Eagles as have a swag of others - please refer to my earlier email regarding D Banfield - the players concerned have scattered far and wide - Old Vic did say he thought some had gone to country and other to the ammos but not sure who has gone where - to be fair it is 3pm and by that time of the day Old Vic's normally smashed 17 ouzo and cokes so he's done well to give me that mail.

NATHAN Henley. Won the comp medal 3-4 years ago, and is an absolute star. Moving to Uni?

Chazz - what are you referring to?

Caught up with Brett Voss yesterday down at Mentone - was in very good spirits despite Hayleberry's loss to the Sharks - he is expecting very big things from the Bloods this year - Lappa has them very fit and firing apparently - this is confirmed from my mate Alby who drinks at the Boundary on a regular basis.

Referring to clearances Mal, Scotch's big ruckman left for the VFL I thought, but looking at a clearance lodged on Friday there is a Thomas Campbell leaving OS for OM's, wondering if it's the same bloke?

Thoughts on the following guys?

Premiers:

Runners Up:

Spooners:

Woodrow:

Leading Goal Kicker:

Rising Star:

Most contentious issue of the season:

Spoke to my mate Old Vic from the Burvale - NATHAN (not Nigel) Henley has left the Eagles as have a swag of others - please refer to my earlier email regarding D Banfield - the players concerned have scattered far and wide - Old Vic did say he thought some had gone to country and other to the ammos but not sure who has gone where - to be fair it is 3pm and by that time of the day Old Vic's normally smashed 17 ouzo and cokes so he's done well to give me that mail.

Henley hey - never heard of him!

Surely it can be seen who he has signed for on the VAFA clearances via VAFA website?

Referring to clearances Mal, Scotch's big ruckman left for the VFL I thought, but looking at a clearance lodged on Friday there is a Thomas Campbell leaving OS for OM's, wondering if it's the same bloke?

This has become very topical today - yes, apparently left OS because he'd had a gutful of Banfield (join the club) - is going well at Bendigo Bombers from all reports - Davina Caelham tells me he's signed with the OM's as his VAFA club if he doesn't get a game with Shagga Grant's mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back