A Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quiet in here today!

Any more clearance news?
OM's seem to be recruiting all the way up to Round 1. My spies tell me Tommy Davidson, ex Collingwood played against Old Trinity on the weekend, and another new recruit Chris Hood from Subiaco has also signed. Peter, a mate of mine from Parkville, tells me OM's pinched him from the grips of the Uni Blacks at the last minute. Can anyone confirm?

OM's seem to be recruiting all the way up to Round 1. My spies tell me Tommy Davidson, ex Collingwood played against Old Trinity on the weekend, and another new recruit Chris Hood from Subiaco has also signed. Peter, a mate of mine from Parkville, tells me OM's pinched him from the grips of the Uni Blacks at the last minute. Can anyone confirm?

Yes I've heard the one about this Hood fellow - a very good mate of mine, let's just call him 'Ray', tells me Blacks were on his case for months and they were gazumped after OM's moved on him - apparently it only took them a few hours to convince him playing Premier League was a better career move than playing with a team in B grade that can't jump that last hurdle on a regular basis - I am surprised it took OM's that long to convince him.

Yes I've heard the one about this Hood fellow - a very good mate of mine, let's just call him 'Ray', tells me Blacks were on his case for months and they were gazumped after OM's moved on him - apparently it only took them a few hours to convince him playing Premier League was a better career move than playing with a team in B grade that can't jump that last hurdle on a regular basis - I am surprised it took OM's that long to convince him.

If what you say is accurate, the OM's sound like they have had a complete transformation of their list. OLD CAREY also!!

If what you say is accurate, the OM's sound like they have had a complete transformation of their list. OLD CAREY also!!

There was a yawning gap between 4th and the rest last year - it sounds like they've worked out early on that hey weren't going to bridge that gap with their current list. I am not sure they've lost anyone decent from last year?

There was a yawning gap between 4th and the rest last year - it sounds like they've worked out early on that hey weren't going to bridge that gap with their current list. I am not sure they've lost anyone decent from last year?
No Bixon rumoured to have returned down Willy road to the Borough.

From all reports, no great loss to the Red Legs.

I think it was the job at a law firm which got him to OM's. It was tee'd up very quickly! Blacks were taking too long

I think it was the job at a law firm which got him to OM's. It was tee'd up very quickly! Blacks were taking too long

apparently it only took them a few hours to convince him playing Premier League was a better career move than playing with a team in B grade

See underlined Chazz - I am disappointed you didn't appreciate my subtlety.

apparently it only took them a few hours to convince him playing Premier League was a better career move than playing with a team in B grade

See underlined Chazz - I am disappointed you didn't appreciate my subtlety.

Sorry Mal, missed the "career move" part. In my haste to catch up on all things ammo I brushed over your insinuation. I'll pay more attention to your posts next time. ;)

I'll try again........ We know a little bit more now seeing practice games have happened, and recruits are all but assured. Anyone willing to have a crack?

Premiers:

Runners Up:

Spooners:

Woodrow:

Leading Goal Kicker:

Rising Star:

Most contentious issue of the season:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiers: Old Xavs

Runners Up: St Bede's

Spooners: Old Trinity

Woodrow: New OH Full Forward from St Pauls

Leading Goal Kicker: As above

Rising Star: A De La kid

Most contentious issue of the season: Who is Chazz M Michaels?!

Premiers: OX

Runners Up: Uni Blues

Spooners: Trinity

Woodrow: Jonno Nash OMs/Carl Peterson OC (if plays enough games)

Leading Goal Kicker: Anderson UB/Sauntner Colls (if he plays enough games)

Rising Star: Brendan Goss OX/Ben Humphrey DLS/Luke Barnhorn SBMT

Most contentious issue of the season:

1. Why the ‘compulsory’ Thirds competition is not so compulsory for some clubs

2. OMs to regret copying the Scotch recruiting model of importing players from other comps rather than developing from within.

Premiers: Old Xavs

Runners Up: Old Melbournians

Spooners: Old Haileybury

Woodrow: Voss (Playing in a shit team, will go well for them though) or Carl Pederson

Leading Goal Kicker: New Uni Blues forward from North Ballarat

Rising Star: Brendan Goss (Xavs) or Ben/Tom Humphrey (De La)

Most contentious issue of the season: Old Carey's big name players doing nothing all season and then getting relegated. (Sure to stir up a few)

Premiers - OX

R/U - DLS

Spooners - OH

Woodrow - Goss OX

Goals - Reid OC

Contentious - Not Xavs again chorus from nuffies
Premiers: Uni Blues
Runners Up: De La
Spooners: Old Trinity, Old Haileybury and Old Scotch separated by % only. Scotch bottom.
Woodrow: Nathan Henley OM's.
Goals: Tom Seccull OM's
Rising Star: Some kid from uni nobody has ever heard of!
Most Contentious Issue: Blues defeat Xavs in Prelim with kick after siren from very dodgy umpiring decision. Xavs take VAFA to supreme court to try to overthrow decision and try to claim what is "rightfully theirs". Unfortunately the Mabo defence ("It's just a vibe") is thrown out and Uni go on to win flag.

Premiers - DLS
R/U - OX
Spooners - OT
Woodrow - Peterson
Rising Star: ?
Goals - Sautner
Contentious - Blues to be the big sliders, OM's in turmoil as new coach/recruits ruin and separate the club!

why OM's coping a hammering for recruiting?
They have only got a handful of new players dont they?
No different to all the the other clubs.....
i think they are being singled out because they have revealed there's
I keep a close eye on OLD CAREY and they have done seom serious recruiting of players that had never even heard of Carey let alone OLD CAREY FC.
XAVS too have gotten some players that are not from xavier.
If anyone is going to compete with XAVS, De la ETC then doing some recruiting of the beaten track is going to fast track that!!
Agree you can get it wrong. Old Camberwell has in the past, you dont want old washed up ex afl players. But good kids in their early twenties who are fed up with the EFL and country leagues etc...... why not go after em. As a neutral I am looking forward to going and watching some of these blokes play and I reckon we should welcome them into the VAFA.

Sounds like Kickit was trying to do a neat bit of deflection Squiggles given he is an Old Scotch type - more turmoil down at Camberwell than Colonel Gadaffi's bunker in downtown Tripoli at the minute.

Not at all! just have had far too many negative conversations with OM's players about the pre season! Granted their 1s might go well, but at the expense of the unity of the club hmmm dunno? Things great at OS! Looking forward to all these praccy matches rapping up and getting into the real stuff!

why OM's coping a hammering for recruiting?
They have only got a handful of new players dont they?
No different to all the the other clubs.....
i think they are being singled out because they have revealed there's
I keep a close eye on OLD CAREY and they have done seom serious recruiting of players that had never even heard of Carey let alone OLD CAREY FC.
XAVS too have gotten some players that are not from xavier.
If anyone is going to compete with XAVS, De la ETC then doing some recruiting of the beaten track is going to fast track that!!
Agree you can get it wrong. Old Camberwell has in the past, you dont want old washed up ex afl players. But good kids in their early twenties who are fed up with the EFL and country leagues etc...... why not go after em. As a neutral I am looking forward to going and watching some of these blokes play and I reckon we should welcome them into the VAFA.

Who have xavs and carey picked up that have never heard of xavier or carey before?

Not at all! just have had far too many negative conversations with OM's players about the pre season! Granted their 1s might go well, but at the expense of the unity of the club hmmm dunno? Things great at OS! Looking forward to all these praccy matches rapping up and getting into the real stuff!
Nice work stirring up the pot lad. About time we had someone else prepared to own up to being a Scotchie. Most wouldn't.
Your post is most amusing too, because apparently (heard direct from the father of a boy likely to now play 2's), the new boys have slotted in nicely. They all went to Tassie on their pre-seson trip and have done everything asked. He reckons that OM's went out of their way to recruit quality footballers who were also quality blokes. Maybe thats where the passadore experiment failed? only time will tell. Although its becoming a common theme. Pederson. Sauntner. etc. Maybe all will be revealed in Round 1. Everyone has written the Bentleigh boys off too. I'm giving it second thoughts. They may be a surprise packet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back