2012-13 Champions League Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

united fans calling a penalty rubbish. not enough irony in the world. fact is it hit his arm away from his body. will more often than not in that situation be called a penalty, no matter how rubbish or ridiculous it might be.
It is irrelevant whether I am a United fan or not. Not once have I said we don't get lucky penalties, I actually have admitted some of the poor penalties we have got on bigfooty. His shoulders weren't out, it wasn't intentional, it wasn't penalty and shouldn't have been paid.

It is irrelevant whether I am a United fan or not. Not once have I said we don't get lucky penalties, I actually have admitted some of the poor penalties we have got on bigfooty. His shoulders weren't out, it wasn't intentional, it wasn't penalty and shouldn't have been paid.

It doesn't have to be intentional to be an offence. People consistently misunderstand the laws on that.

Having said that, I think it was a harsh decision but, as I remember saying on here many years ago when Gary Speed got a late penalty against Richard Dunne that won the game for Bolton - if you don't want to get a penalty paid against you don't put your arms away from your body. It was a tough one, and I would have been disappointed if it was given against us.

Anyway, it's probably kept us in the competition for now. So bring on Ajax home and away. We really need 6 points.

Not sure I've ever seen a better performance from a goalkeeper than I did today. If I was Goetze I'd hate the campaigner.

It doesn't have to be intentional to be an offence. People consistently misunderstand the laws on that.

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any
of the following three offences:
• holds an opponent
• spits at an opponent
• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own
penalty area
That is the rule from the fifa laws of the game.

Arm was away from the body, but I think that's more for balance and not really unnaturally so (as in he's not imitating a plane or anything like that).

Can see why the ref gave it but I don't like seeing those given. For me it falls under unavoidable handball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rodwell's half hearted chase didn't really make that pass look any better

few poor shots by man city that should've been goals

hart was amazing because really dortmund tore the city defence to shreds

not sure on penalty decision, that one is always a 50/50

apart from seeing dortmund play some brilliant football i'd have to say my favourite part was weidenfeller trying to put off balotelli by whispering into his hear, he clearly didn't give a shit at all

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any
of the following three offences:
• holds an opponent
• spits at an opponent
• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own
penalty area
That is the rule from the fifa laws of the game.

Can't remember where it is but the laws specifically refer to unintentional handball where the arm is away from the body.

Man City should be out. If they qualify by less than 3 pts ahead of Dortmund it's bullshit. Ps Mancini is shit

Yes, his 4 league titles, and 8 domestic cups as manager is evidence of just how shit he is.

Another passing masterclass from Jack Rodwellinho. :D

21 year old. He'll learn from it, or he'll eventually move on.

Was thinking yesterday (before the pass) that playing in games like this will be very good for his development.

21 year old. He'll learn from it, or he'll eventually move on.

Was thinking yesterday (before the pass) that playing in games like this will be very good for his development.

Probably but you dont spend that type of money on 21 year olds who need to learn to pass in the end and consider it anything other then a problem. The club would have gained so much more in just combining that Garcia + Rodwell money into one A grade player instead of two B grade ones

Probably but you dont spend that type of money on 21 year olds who need to learn to pass in the end and consider it anything other then a problem. The club would have gained so much more in just combining that Garcia + Rodwell money into one A grade player instead of two B grade ones

Jury still out how valuable Garcia and Rodwell will end up being for us.

Who would you have bought with the Garcia/Rodwell money?

Remove this Banner Ad

2012-13 Champions League Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back