2012-13 Champions League Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fellaini
Martinez
Alex Song
Tiote

Would have had millions to spare in order to get a more suited AJ like for like replacement then Scott Sinclair who is nothing like AJ.

AJ wasnt playing first team football though so why we get a like for like replacement for him, if he wasnt fitting into our team? Sinclair is a good choice. People are making quick judgements, it's barely been a month since deadline day has it?

Yes, his 4 league titles, and 8 domestic cups as manager is evidence of just how shit he is.
Wow he has/d much better teams than anyone else in his leagues during that time. How did Mourinho go when he took over from him? In Europe he sucks that is proven.

Wow he has/d much better teams than anyone else in his leagues during that time. How did Mourinho go when he took over from him? In Europe he sucks that is proven.

He can continue to "suck" if he keeps on racking up the silverware like he has so far.

Fellaini
Martinez
Alex Song
Tiote

Would have had millions to spare in order to get a more suited AJ like for like replacement then Scott Sinclair who is nothing like AJ.

Fellaini - would have been very difficult to get off Everton. Playing well at the moment.
Martinez - cost more than Garcia and Rodwell together, and wanted to play in Munich
Song - no thanks
Tiote - would have been ok but not a significant upgrade on what we have.

You appear to have written off Garcia and Rodwell already, I guess we'll wait and see.

I havnt really written off Garcia TBH. Just think he will be one of those okay players without turning into a star. Rodwell is a decent enough player but he is out of his depth. Not a CL standard player at all whereas I feel Garcia has a ability to atleast become one (whereas I feel Garcia could be a De Jong like player)

we didn't sign tiote because then in january we would hardly have a midfield. martinez was ridiculously expensive and wanted to only go to bayern, song would've always chosen barca over us and fella would've been near impossible to prise from everton. garcia for 16 mil will prove to be an excellent purchase. especially at set pieces.

and thank god we didn't get a like for like aj replacement. a lazy, disinterested player who didn't feel like using his talent to the maximum. yeah, so upset we didn't get a like replacement.

i hope these young english players develop well, wilshere, rodwell, sterling, powell etc.

potential to be a fantastic midfield, shame wilshere got injured for so long
Cleverley looks like he's established himself with England as well. It's strange that he is more impressive for England than United, he does play a more attacking role though with England.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012-13 Champions League Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back